5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need it to do
Published on March 22, 2011 by P. Crowley

2.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate enough for government work
We bought this to weigh our luggage before traveling next month, as we expect to be right a the weight limit. This one looked VERY promising, and you cannot complain about the price.

Summary: I would say it is probably worth the $10 we paid for it, but I wish we had something better.

*** Things I like:

Size: The size is awesome. Very small...
Published 16 months ago by Don Colton

5.0 out of 5 stars Does what I need it to do, March 22, 2011
This review is from: New Digital Scale Travel Luggage 88 lbs 40 kg Hand Held Digital Portable Weight (Office Product)
A luggage scale is a luggage scale is a luggage scale, with very few features that set them apart. If you are reading this, then you probably already found several other scales that look very similar in the "less than $25" price range. After playing with this scale a bit there are a few features not talked about in the product description that I think are worth mentioning and might help someone make a decision about this scale. First of all, unlike some other scales I researched before buying this one, it doesn't just display the maximum weight. Instead it waits until the scales reads the same weight for a full second and displays that number. This matters because the force on the scale will be greater while picking the luggage up. To get the real weight, it needs to be static (not lifting nor dropping) at the time of measurement. This scale is more precise for that reason. The scale takes 2 AAA batteries, so they can be easily replaced if they go dead anywhere in the world. The only complaint I have is that it could be designed to be more compact. It's not big, and easily hides away in the suitcase, but if I were to change anything, it would be to make it more compact. Don't for get to add the weight of the scale in to your luggage weight if you are stuffing it back in there after weighing!! (its just a few ounces)

2.0 out of 5 stars Not accurate enough for government work, March 16, 2013

*** Things I like:

Size: The size is awesome. Very small and convenient. We could easily carry it with us on a trip.

Units: It does lbs, kg, oz, and g. That is enough for me.

Batteries: It runs on two AAA batteries. Inexpensive to replace if needed.

Convenience: Before getting this, we would stand on the bathroom scale, weigh ourself, then pick up the luggage and weigh ourself again. It was a lot of trouble and took two people, one to hold the luggage and one to look at the numbers. With this scale, one person can do everything.

*** Things I don't like:

Accuracy not trustworthy: This is the one and only real problem I have with the scale. You buy it to weigh things, and you want to be able to absolutely trust the weights. But I am not convinced it is accurate. For example: I am weighing a mostly-full gallon of milk just now. It is 3238g on a kitchen diet scale I trust. It is 3250g on this scale. It is about 0.5% too much. I would call that close enough. I am weighing a stack of four 4kg barbel weights right now. It says they are 15.76kg. Now it's 15.82. Now it's 15.73. But clearly it is less than the 16kg it should be. It is about 1.5% on the light side. I could probably live with that. On another day, it seemed like it was weighing heavy things about 15% too light. Not sure why it might vary so much from day to day. I am weighing a heavy piece of luggage right now. It varies between 60.50 and 62.12 lbs. That's a pretty big range. That is a 2.7% discrepancy. Bottom line, I just do not trust it as much as I would like to. If it's 2%, I can live with that. If it's 15%, I cannot. And I can't tell when to trust it.

Awkward to Hold: This is just a minor quibble. For me it is hard to hold it. Maybe that is just a feature of trying to lift a heavy suitcase with one hand. Okay, I use two hands. But when I wrap my fingers around the scale and lift, it is hard to not have my fingers touch the bracket that connects the scale to the strap. How can I tell whether I am affecting the weight? It just seems like a problematic design. Maybe other scales have the same problem. This would not be a show-stopper for me.

Awkward to Read: This is just a minor quibble. For me it is hard to see the numbers when weighing something bulky. Not impossible though. I wish it would beep or something, and then hold the number long enough to read it. Again, this is not a show-stopper for me.

Thanks for reading!

3.0 out of 5 stars Nice scale, July 10, 2012
It is a nice scale and gives you lbs, kg and others. It could have been better if it automatically locks the weigh instead you have to press a button if you want to lock the weigh.

1.0 out of 5 stars Disappointing product, January 12, 2012
I was disappointed with this luggage scale for two reasons, the main reason being that the item did not work as advertised, and secondarily, the item did not come with two AAA batteries as described on Amazon. I was unable to weigh my luggage. I tried weighing luggage weighing around 23 kgs., and one obviously cannot lift this weight for long without straining one's back and arms. I tried lifting the luggage several times for as long as I could, but the scale could still not get a proper reading. The screen would not display "Hold" indicating that an accurate reading had been made. I ended up ordering the Eat Smart Precision Voyager Digital Luggage Scale, with which I was able to easily weigh my luggage.

1.0 out of 5 stars very bad quality, March 18, 2013
it's broken when i tried it for the seconed time it was 17 KG it's looks good but very bad quality and very poor materlials

3.0 out of 5 stars Not as pictured, November 7, 2012
I picked this scale because of the strap (pictured and described); I thought it would fit my luggage handle. It arrived with a hook...no strap. Not worth shipping it back

1.0 out of 5 stars Just arrived - doesn't work, December 10, 2012
Just got it. Doesn't work as expected. The TEAR button to power on/off never works so able to use it till now.

1.0 out of 5 stars Don't Buy This Digital Scale, December 6, 2013
I bought this digital scale as a gift. Unfortunately, it doesn't work. When the batteries are inserted the top won't close and the batteries fly out. The instruction sheet had stains on the paper and were written in broken English.....definitely not the gift I was hoping to give to my brother in law.

1.0 out of 5 stars wrong info ... not accurate, August 16, 2013
its not accurate , and the quality is cheap ..
made a mistake buying this .
would certainly try to avoid cheap measuring products the next time
not worth even returning

5.0 out of 5 stars Tfam, November 9, 2011
This works very well We used it when we traveled to Alaska so we could add things to our luggage and not have to pay those overweight luggage airline fees

Rate and Discover Movies