Have you ever watched a big-budget Hollywood movie and wondered "How did they do that?" or, perhaps, "How can I do that?" While digital technology greatly simplifies the filmmaking process, there are many tried-and-true production tricks that only those lucky enough to work in the world of high-budget professional film production get to know. The truth is that setting up a car chase, making a realistic-looking alien, staging a fistfight, creating atmospheric lighting, and using special effects are often not as difficult to master as you might think.
Digital Video Production Cookbook will show you how to create sophisticated-looking visual effects, dramatic shots, and powerful sequences using low-cost methods adapted from high-end professional techniques. Author and award-winning filmmaker Chris Kenworthy explains how you can use a digital video camera and basic editing software, to create high-end production values with household equipment and a little imagination.
The book includes easy-to-follow recipes for:
- Creating bluescreen effects
- Simulating rain, snow, and other natural phenomena
- Working with backlighting, simulated candlelight, and special lighting effects
- Shooting day for night
- Staging safe stunts, chase scenes, and fistfights
- Makeup techniques for aging, bruises, and serious injuries
- Shooting at night
- Working with camera movement
- Adding special effects such as laser bolts, holograms, and explosions
and much more.
Packed with full-color, step-by-step instructions, inspirational examples, and authoritative information and advice, this book is the ultimate, no-nonsense cookbook for every aspiring digital filmmaker.