5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, helpful, and it worked!
Published on June 27, 2010 by Jgpix

2.0 out of 5 stars Very Dissapointed
I am also wondering how this book got such amazing reviews. The advice given in the first half of the book is beyond basic information. And even the second half of the book only covers some general information. It game very little if any advice regarding working with groups, scheduling or even helpful hints. Unless you consider such observations as "sometimes light...
Published on July 28, 2012 by J. DUSZAK

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Clear and concise, helpful, and it worked!, June 27, 2010
Before I got this book, I shot a handful of weddings just "flying by the seat of my pants". In this book, Kenny clearly provides the reader the direction needed for a successful wedding. He ventures outside of technical shot specifications, and focuses on the photographers thought process, action plan, and reasoning behind each and every shot. I followed his advice and can attest to his findings myself. At the end of my most recent wedding, my clients were overjoyed with the work I had done... without (as Kenny says) seeing a single image! Planning works! Thanks Kenny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Provide good info if you aspire to be wedding photographer, May 12, 2010
Enche Tjin (Philadelphia, PA) - See all my reviews
The Wedding Photographer's Planner by Kenny Min is mainly a collection of checklist of what to anticipate in typical American wedding. It is quite comprehensive from engagement session, getting ready, ceremony, reception, and after wedding. It also includes some tips about business and further learning.

The book is suited for photographers who like to know what is the wedding photographers and what to expect in the event. For seasoned wedding photographers or if you already shots several weddings, the book gives a little value. The style covered in this wedding is pretty much traditional, meaning that most of the photography is done mostly by directing and less about anticipating extraordinary moments (candid style).

The checklists are helpful for new photographers so they don't miss any important details, but if you have experience in wedding photography, you should already know 80-90% of the stuff in the book.

The book has over 250 pages of content, but unfortunately, it is too heavy on images than on the text. The images are relevant to the page but do not have caption. Also I think the images are not the best of Kenny Kim works. It looks very ordinary.

If you need guidance or information how to start a wedding business, the book provide very good reference, but if you are experienced photographer looking for extraordinary insights that will set you to the next level, you should look for other books.

For more reviews (books, tips and gears), please visit my blog. The address is on my profile page. Thank you for reading.

5.0 out of 5 stars Must have for the new wedding phoographer, October 13, 2010
This past weekend I shot my first wedding. My days leading up to the event were spent studying various wedding photographers, tips and tricks not to mention several sleepless nights due to feeling a little un-prepared as this was my first wedding. I happend to stop by a local Chapters book store and found Kenny Kims book. I could not leave without it and did not regret my purchase.

Not only was this book chalked full of valuable wedding photographers advice but the "lists" were invaluable to me. Infact I took this book with me to the wedding so I could reference it and make sure not to miss important shots. Kim covers every aspect from meeting with the client for the first time to wrapping up the final product in wedding albums and he even covers branding and networking.

If you are just starting out like I am I would HIGHLY recommend this book. I have spent hours online looking for the "answers" for someone just starting out. If I had to spend my time and invest a little bit of money over again I would just stick with this book alone. Kims information is forthright, easy to read and the book is not filled with "fluff" like other wedding photographers books. I felt prepared and confident as I shot the wedding and the bride and groom were happy with my images. Infact the bride e-mailed me 9 times the day I posted a preview on my blog, excited and thanking me for the images. No doubt Kim's advice was fast at work.

The images in the book are very inspiring as well, Kenny's work is simply beautiful and he will forever be a photographer I will admire and aspire to be like.

Thanks for writing this book Kenny, it has made it's way into my camera bag and is just as valuable to me as my 24-70L 2.8! I won't shoot another wedding without it!

Heather Grilliot

5.0 out of 5 stars This Needs to Be On Your Bookshelf. A Modern Day Reference for Modern Day Wedding Photography., September 7, 2010
Length:: 1:44 Mins

Me? I'm Karlo.

[...] <- Wedding & Portrait Photographer's Podcast

5.0 out of 5 stars Kenny is AMAZING!, August 19, 2010
If you're thinking of getting this book... do yourself a big favor and DO IT. Kenny is a brilliant photographer and wrote a great book that will help you tremendously with your wedding photography business. He goes over EVERYTHING and pumps you up to have an amazing, fun, successful career in wedding photography.

5.0 out of 5 stars MUST-HAVE for any aspiring wedding photographer, December 27, 2010
Once you read it you will be able to comprehend the intricate process a wedding represents. Why this, once in a lifetime (even if the person (s) marry more than once still a unique experience every time) and the great responsibility a wedding photographer has of providing a satisfactory service to his/her clients.
Few times have I come across a book that is so complete and concise. Easy to read, lots of photo examples, plain language plus indispensable, easy to follow "check lists" to successfully accomplish the difficult task of recording, with stills, such of memorable moment as a wedding is.

5.0 out of 5 stars Advice simply put, March 9, 2011
mary shannon barton (Mead, CO United States) - See all my reviews
If you are venturing out to do wedding photography, this book is very well put together! It's simple, and goes through all the important steps and check lists that you need for a wedding. And the price is cheap and well worth every penny!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource for wedding photographers, October 1, 2010
As photographer planning my first wedding shoot, I found this book helpful. It points out the things a photographer should do when preparing for and shooting weddings. I recommend it. It would be nice if there were more tips on posing subjects, and some sample lighting setups with strobes. Would have also liked to have seen some examples of difficult situations and and how to handle them. Otherwise, it's a good resource for most new wedding photographers and they should find it helpful.

5.0 out of 5 stars a MUST HAVE for wedding photographers, July 13, 2010
seriously a must-have for wedding photographers who are just starting out or have been for a while! what i love most about kenny kim is that no matter how successful he is, he's willing to share all of his "secrets" and genuinely wishes everyone around him to do well - and the proof is in this book! go buy your copy today - you will not regret it!

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Book!, August 8, 2010
I haved read and re-read Kenny Kim's book, The Wedding Photographer's Planner, several times to prepare for meeting with a bride and for the wedding day itself. He has great ideas and very helpfull lists and tips for a new wedding photographer. If you are starting out in wedding photographer, you won't go wrong buying this book.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›