5.0 out of 5 stars CTA sports resort 8 in 1 Black color set
Published on October 20, 2010 by Kathryn Tufts

The manufacturer commented on the review below
1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money
Published on February 3, 2011 by Tim Stillman

5.0 out of 5 stars CTA sports resort 8 in 1 Black color set, October 20, 2010
This review is from: CTA Digital Wii Sports Resort 8-in-1 Sports Pack (Black) (Accessory)
This was a B~Day gift,to enjoy my Wii game;Wii Sports Resort. It arrived in a few days,and I was surprised at how each had it's own unique detail.It's not flimsy cheap thin plastic~it can be swung-swatted-even handle a toss in the air in a victory cheer when I'm done:) Placing the black Wii motion plus remote,in each one of these is so simple! In 10 seconds you'll be ready and set to take on your opponent.They feel good in your hand,I haven't had any slippage issues(no slipping out of sweaty/slippery hands) at all,I still use wrist guard{and I'm hopping~bopping~weaving~swinging~paddling like a crazy player!heh heh heh}.I'm very glad I was given this set as a B~Day gift from my hubby,I/we use them every time.and it matches my Black Wii system theme colors.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars not worth the money, February 3, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
When this showed up in the mail the first thing I noticed was that it contained no documentation of any sort, just the adapters in the plastic packaging inside the box. Now you probably don't really need instructions, it's a straightforward enough product, but it would have been nice to have some sort of visual reference for how to assemble the different adapters and how to use them properly. (The first time I thought I had the sword attachment correct and went to play with it the thing went flying across the room and hit my kid on the head.) And it felt pretty cheap. That aside, the real problem is that even though this product is designed to be used with the motion sensor plus sleeve in place the fit is awkward at best. The foam pieces (i.e.the frisbee and the wakeboard handle) are especially difficult to wedge the wiimote into and dislocate the rubber motion sensor plus sleeve in the process. Also, once the wiimote is finally wedged into the wakeboard handle the sensor is blocked so you can't point at the screen to make any selections (to be fair you can still use the buttons). The frisbee attachment does nothing useful at all as the way it orients the wiimote sensor and the way you have to stretch your finger across to press the B button necessitates you hold it strangely and not in a natural frisbee throwing manner. The best thing about the set is the jetski handle but even that comes in three pieces that have to be assembled each time you use it. I haven't tried the others in actual game play yet, only to test the wiimote fit...but I'm guessing they won't be all that great either based on what I already do know.

The long and short is that this product not only does nothing to enhance game play, it detracts from our enjoyment. The transition from one adapter to another when playing different games in Resort is cumbersome and frustrating and trying to use the wiimote to navigate menus while using the adapters is aggravating. It's more time and trouble than it's worth to use these shoddy plastic/foam adapters and definitely more money than it's worth to buy them. I would return the junk but I was an excitable idiot when it arrived and threw out the packing. Bummer for me.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 7, 2011 8:34:10 AM PST
Hi Tim,

Thank you for taking the time out to leave such a detailed feedback. We appreciate your input a lot, and have taken note of your comments on the frisbee and the instruction manual.

We've tried to make the act of switching between attachment heads as less cumbersome as possible, but its evident that more effort needs to be placed in making it even simpler/quicker.

Thanks again for your input.

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii Sports Resorts 8-in-1 Sports Pack, January 27, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
The Wii sports pack really enhanced the games, especially the golf club. I've never played golf before and now I'm actually interested in getting on a real golf course. I purchased it through Amazon and the price was right(with free shipping) so I ordered a second set to make it easier to play with others.

3.0 out of 5 stars Some misrepresentation..., January 1, 2014
The 8 -n-1 parts are pre-formed and are "interchangeable" for Wii remotes with and/or without silicone cover. However, the gaming extras were manufactured for the 'add-on' adapter of Wii remote plus motion, thus when playing with the new "built-in" motion plus remotes the gaming pieces look bad because of the "free space" where the adapter would typically be.

5.0 out of 5 stars Pretty fun, September 11, 2011
= Fun:5.0 out of 5 stars
Disappointed in the frisbee piece, which I was looking forward to the most. The cutout for the controller should be pointed straight at sensor bar when your arm is fully extended to the release position, but it's not. It's offset 45 degrees to the left, a major design flaw. It is unusable completely. The other pieces are fun though. Just be sure you attach them correctly. I missed one click on the sword piece when I thought I'd be clever and use it as a bat for baseball. Took a big swing and it flew into the tv! Luckily no damage at all. Just make sure you have it locked in. The wake board bar really helps. Getting a lot of 100 pt jumps now. The best piece is the ping pong paddle. Totally helps keep it real, and now dominate easily. All in all fun and worth the small price for the set.

The manufacturer commented on the review belowSee comments
1.0 out of 5 stars Accessories not really necessary and don't really work, March 6, 2011
= Fun:1.0 out of 5 stars
In all fairness, I haven't had a chance to try them all yet, but the ones that I HAVE had a chance to try don't really work. In fact, the one for the wakeboarding is COMPLETELY unusable as once you insert the controller inside it, the Wii will not communicate with it.

I tried the sword fighting attachment and it worked for about half of the match and then completely flew off and wouldn't reattach.

Bottom line, I really wouldn't waste your money. The games are just as fun without the attachments.

stem
The manufacturer commented on this review(What's this?)
Posted on Mar 7, 2011 5:51:59 AM PST
Hi Game Player,

It is very unfortunate that you have had to deal with such discomfort while using this sports pack. The goal was to make it easy to swap between the attachment heads and to help give kids a feeling of more realistic game-play.

I find it odd that the wakeboard attachment doesn't let your Wii console detect the remote. Did you try adjusting it a bit?

Anyway, we take our user's feedback into very serious consideration. I'll send your message to our product design team so that they are aware of these issues. Sorry again for the inconvenience.

Take care!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wii U accessaries, January 12, 2014
My kids love them. Make sure to have extra wonds to go along with these pieces. You can take them out and put them back together

5.0 out of 5 stars Great mini workout product!, January 19, 2014
This is a great product 4 people who don't have a lot of time 2 get a workout. It is a great addition 2 the Wii for their sports games & such 4 getting that extra rush of adrenaline rather then just using the Remote by itself. Would highly recommend this product 4 people wanting that Short Fun Workout & not haveing a lot of time 2 go 2 the Gym.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for the Wii Resorts game!, January 1, 2014
I got this kit for my 4 year old who loves Wii Resort Sports. He can get the Wii controller in these add ones himself so it's very easy to set up and use. He loves the sword the best and it makes some of the games easier for him to play having the realistic add on.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great addition to recreation for Seniors, September 12, 2013
Gail "gailee" (Three Rivers, CA) - See all my reviews
This will be used in our Senior Park for people who cannot get out to do sports. They are excited

CTA Digital Wii Sports Resort 8-in-1 Sports Pack (Black)
$34.99 $12.05