Automotive Deals BOTYSFKT Shop Women's Clothing Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Look Park Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1 harmonquest_s1  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports
Would a Canon Digital Rebel XSi 12.2 MP Digital SLR Camera be a good choice camera for a beginner that will be shooting pictures at concerts?
asked by Kevin on February 6, 2013
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-5 of 5 answers
A
I found the Canon Rebel XSi a fairly easy to use. Of course I had used this type camera before so it was not very difficult for me to immediately pick up and use. The lens that comes as standard with it should be adequate; however lens are interchangeable and a different focal lens may in line to adapt for different occasions. I think just off the shelf the camera will suffice. This Rebel is one tough one for every use with the proper lens.
John Garland answered on February 6, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Ms. R answered on February 6, 2013
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It would depend on the lighting available and lens being used. Is it possible to shoot at a concert with this camera, the answer is yes. But to give a concise answer i would need additional information to provide a more complete explanation (Type of concert, how close to stage, lens type etc....) Know that the maximum ISO is 1600 on the XSi.
Lovely Bulldog answered on February 6, 2013
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
It depends. It's kind of a big and expensive camera for concerts (assuming these are just pleasure shots) and the real variable is going to be the lens. You'll probably need to get a pretty expensive lens that has the capacity to shoot photos that will capture action without being blurry, particularly under the strange lighting conditions of a concert.
Carol S. answered on February 7, 2013
Comment | Do you find this helpful?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
[Deleted by the author on Feb 6, 2013 7:49:57 PM PST]
‹ Previous   1   Next ›

See all questions about this product