Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
This is my 2nd d2 pad. I really liked the 1st, but this one I LOVE!

About the 1st...The 1st one (model # DII_pad) I purchased from Big Lots for the same price ($80). It is the older model. I saw it and thought it was worth the try for the price. The WiFi signal was stronger than my samsung smartphone. It was surprisingly fast and stable. It has a nice sturdy, quality feel to it, unlike the polariod tablet I also purchased from Big Lots (that was also VERY slow). The D2 screen looks beautiful, video looks great. I installed the flashplayer via the d2 website instructions. The battery life is not very long (about 3 hours of heavy game playing, more for reading ebooks), but it charges in just about an hour. My only complaint was that the amazon kindle app didn't work and temple run couldn't be played because the tilt feature didn't work in the game. Tilt worked just fine on other apps like labyrinth. My daughter loves my d2 pad, so she asked for one of her own over a kindle (which her dad has).

This newer one (model # D2-711) from Amazon is AWESOME! It's even faster. My daughter is very happy. I downloaded and installed about 12 apps in just over a half hour. The WiFi is super strong. Kindle App works great. I already put a couple of books on the pad for my daughter. Temple run works great, as do the other apps. For anyone wondering what kind of case to get for it, it fits pretty well in my husbands Kindle fire case from amazon (Kindle Fire Lightweight MicroShell Folio Cover by Marware). Snaps in and sits pretty snug and you have access to all the buttons and ports which are now on the bottom after the redesign.

About the company. D2 pad in on facebook. The staff there actually reads and responds to posts and questions about their product, sometimes the same day, but usually withing a day or two. Their website has lots of info on the FAQ page, but good luck contacting anyone through the website. Word of warning...the software update for the older version (my 1st purchase) actually contains a trojan, so be advised to check any download before installing. That is my ONLY concern about this product. I haven't needed to download anything for this new d2 pad.

I would totally recommend this tablet for anyone looking for good performance and great value. We've tried a couple of other Big Lots tablets and have not been impressed the way we are with the D2. I recommend buying this product through Amazon because they have the newer version. If you find yourself looking at a d2 pad in a retail store sometime, my best advice is to look a the model number or the serial number on the bottom of the box. Serial # beginning D201208... is the older model with a few small issues. If the serial number begins D201209...this is the newer model, the fantastic one!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 5, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
I have been looking for a tablet for my daughter for months and I have always kept my eye on the D2 tablets because of their high ratings for tablets under $100. I waited too late to get the pink one (other sellers over charge for the tablet). I was given a Kindle Fire HD for Valentine's Day and the kid when crazy over it. To keep my Kindle from ending up like my laptop (poor hinge), I decided it was now or never to buy her a tablet.

I only gave it four stars because we have only had it for almost a week (never know what may happen). Let me start with cons. :)

CONS:
Many have said the internet is slow and compared to my computers and Kindle, it is. It reminds me of my cell phone when I use data from my carrier and not Wi-Fi, meaning it takes about five more seconds to load. So if you an adult who needs super fast, instant internet, move along!

The movies did not work...but I knew they were NOT the type of movies my 3 year old would want. Kido'z TV was not installed on mine so installed it myself. That is a great app for children to watch shows without the extras on Youtube.

The camera is on the top right corner (holding it as pictured). I'm used to laptop cams being in the middle BUT as of now, she will not be using Skype or anything else. Quality of the camera is not the best (0.3 megapixels) but it's better than nothing!

It's not HD...so if that what you are looking for, move along! Quality is great in my opinion.

AS USUAL there are some apps you cannot delete BUT they do allow you to disable them in the settings menu.

PROS:
I LOVE the Mee Genius app and the free books that came with it. The narrations for those books are ten times better than me downloading kids books on my Kindle and having the system narrator read. One book about a Jungle Orchestra even had neat music and songs to go with it.

The instructions that come with it makes it very easy to understand and how to operate. Be sure to follow the directions of charging before operating (mine turned on after inserting the charger) and draining the battery twice. I am just now letting it die the second time because I restrict her usage.

It fits a case for the Kindle Fire (not HD) purchased at Walmart. Only issue is openings block the headphone jack (no big deal).

Comes with a charger, a USB cord, and some other cable I am assuming is for TV, computer...something!

Battery life is fine.

Right now I am using a 2GB micro SD card to store some apps and the micro SD card works fine. (Note: I had to turn off debugging when I used the USB to transfer songs to the SD card while inside the tablet. Too lazy to get the converter card to put it directly in the computer.)

Rubberized backing...because I never liked the smooth backing on ANYTHING!

OVERALL: I think it is not a bad tablet to have for a child or a beginner tablet user.

I keep my eye on it at all times like my Kindle (neither have had falling accidents) so be sure to get a cover case with a stand, screen protector, AND a shock proof travel case on Amazon or from Big Lots (take it in the store to make sure it fits). Way cheaper than Walmart, Kmart, Target...wherever!
on November 26, 2012
Color Name: Pink
I got this tablet for 79.99 @ big lots and its awesome for the price,u can play decent games web browser pretty good wifi picks up great body is soild,great speaker and packed with 1gb ram most for this price only gives 256mb ,this beats alot of tablets like cobys etc even though its not preloaded with google play ,i have it on mine now so its possible ,but the mobile one not a bad store for free apps ,come on amazon sell this tablet !!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!
33 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on January 31, 2013
Color Name: Pink
I bought 2 of these D2 7" tablets during the holiday season for $79.99 each. I purchased a blue one for myself and a pink one for my daughter as a Christmas gift. I must say that I'm very impressed with our overall experience with these products.
My daughter absolutely loves her pink tablet and uses it all the time. She is constantly watching videos on youtube and playing on Disney websites but even more so she loves all the games, books and apps that are geared toward kids that come pre-loaded on these tablets. The fact that D2 pre-loads 20 eBooks for kids, lots of kids learning apps from Kevin Bradford, and other fun games and apps makes these tablets an even bigger hit in our household.
From a parent standpoint this tablet also works very well and comes equiped with pre-loaded utilities such as Dropbox, Pulse News and Kingsoft Office. However since these tablets seem to be marketed as a household tablet that can work for the enitre family I was also impressed that D2 had thought to pre-load a Kids Place parental control app launcher to protect personal data and restrict kids to only approved apps.
From my experience we have had no issues with our D2 tablets and the internet seems to work just fine on my home wifi network. I would definately recommend this tablet and believe it is a great value at $79.99.
on April 10, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Its a fun lil tablet. Does what it says, I've still to test it with SKYPE (Which is the main reason I bought it) and with games.
For your basic eMail, internet browsing and game playing it does the job.

It's a little on the slow side, but thats ok. Camera works great but its in a weird place; SO iT SHOULD be amusing to see how it goes with SKYPE.

Would of also been great if it had SWYPE from factory as a way to type onto it.

Ill update once I've had it for a few days.

**UPDATE**

So, Ive had this tablet for a a week or so at this point at this point. And I must say, that it still works as it should.
However, Its extremely disappointing that even though the description read 4 (FOUR) GIGS. The tablet BARELY HAS 2 Gigs free. I mean, what the hell???

Besides the fact that IT CAN be extremely slow at some point, this tablet is really good. And im happy with it.
If I could figure out a way to be able to remove some USELESS programs that come with it (Chrome [which tends to freeze the tablet,] W Games, KIDO'Z, LOOKOUT, MEEGENIOUS, SOUNDHOUND, and TANGO.)

Each one is taking up a ridiculous amount of memory that I'd rather use for my OWN programs.

The "1Market" is DECENT, although I do feel that most of the program reviews are staged.

**UPDATE**
After having this tablet for a few months I have GOT to say it really STINKS!!.

I dropped it once and it literally fell apart. My sister has dropped her cheaper tablet and it still runs.
It has gotten slower and slower to the point where its not even worth the bother to use.
Tried using NETFLIX yesterday...wouldnt load it, and when it did it got stuck buffering.

Save your money and move on. You'll regret buying this like I did.

NOT WORTH THE MONEY!!! PIECE OF TRASH...
on February 6, 2013
Color Name: PinkVerified Purchase
This is the third tablet I've purchased during the Holiday season. the first was a MID Tablet for my husband and the Wifi is awful. He insists on keeping it though.
The second was a supposed to be a Wolvol tablet. but it was not as advertised, so I sent it back.
This one is the one I'm keeping
After checking the reviews I purchased the D2pad tablet in pink, simply because I'm a firm believer that if you girl up your stuff, it wont be likely to be stolen.
I was pleasantly surprised to find that the pink version has a rubberized back(the blue is rubberized too) instead of the plastic back that comes with the black and white versions.
As for the tablet itself. I'm finding it very easy to figure out.
At first I was a bit alarmed to find that it doesn't work with Google play, but as it turns out the Amazon App store and the 1Mobile app store pre installed have everything Google Play has and more, so its really wasn't an issue at all.
It picks up a WiFi signal with no problem, sometimes I have to turn off the wifi and turn it back on for a better connection but that's always been the case with my laptop too, so that's nothing new.
This tablet comes packed with children's games and books which is great if your giving this to a child. personally I didn't need any, so I finally figured out how to get rid of them. I went to 1Mobile and downloaded an app called "Root App Delete" to get rid of them, so now my tablet has only what I want.
I also downloaded Pandora, so I could listen to music and was amazed that the speakers on this tablet work better than a creative zen MP3 player.
This tablet works well viewing youtube videos. I've noticed that it wont view my videos from Dropbox, but I think that's because they are not in an AVI format.
Some people complain about the battery life but I've been able to play on this thing for about 3 hours without having to charge it.I think that's pretty good as I don't usually stay online for more than a couple hours at a time.
Overall I have to say I'm impressed with my new toy.
on March 15, 2013
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
I use an original Samsung Galaxy Tab 10 and and Galaxy S3 Phone. So my kids were dying for a device of their own.
I picked up a couple of these for them to use. In my testing so far this tablet works well for such a inexpensive tablet. Battery life isn't great but sufficient. It comes with a proprietary wall plug for charging, but it may charge over USB as well. Played some Videos on it, worked well.

So far the biggest complaint is the lack of Google Play Store. Tried to install it myself but it keeps crashing (any ideas on that?).

Update 04/10/2013:
Downgraded my review (4 to 3 star). The battery life on standby is horrible. 6-8 hours on standby and the battery is gone. Found that they left unneeded cellphone (no cellular hardware on the device) software running and it kills the battery trying to find a cell signal. I contacted support weeks ago, they acknowledged the issue (barely) but no fixes so far.

Since no Play store you have 2 basic options:
- Amazon Store It is an OK replacement, more geared towards Kindle devices. Not as many apps available as the Play store.
- 1Mobile Market This is the default on the device. Again not as many apps as the Play Store, and those it does have are often out of date.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on February 9, 2013
Color Name: WhiteVerified Purchase
My first tablet was a Samsung Galaxy Tab 2 7.0. However, that was stolen from me on the bus, so I needed a quick replacement.

I've taken to calling this a "half tablet." It was (less than) half the cost of the GT2, has half the processor cores, half the RAM, and half the flash memory. But all in all, it's not half bad.

I took the time to figure out how to put the Google Play store on this device, which is a necessity, since one of the apps I wanted a tablet for was Google Play Magazines. I'd venture to say that most users just diving in to the Android platform would be fine with just the 1Mobile Market that comes stock on this tablet. But when you've been an Android user for as long as I have, Google Play Store is a must. Still, it was simple enough to find help online with installing the Play store, so it's not a huge deal.

The 4GB storage was a bit scary to me. I was close to filling the 8GB storage on the GT2 a few times, so 4GB didn't seem like a good idea. However, unlike most ICS devices, this tablet allows you the option to move apps to the SD card, which lets you add more apps than I originally anticipated.

All in all, if you're just looking for functionality, this tablet is pretty decent. If you're looking for better graphics and faster speeds, save for the GT2. Still, well worth the money.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on April 7, 2013
Color Name: BlackVerified Purchase
Bought the D2 7in tablet.Recieved it 4-5-13.Charged it and been crazy bout it.Easy set up-downloaded 2 e-mail accounts.Good graphics.Couldn't figure sound until I realized "internal speakers" meant "earbuds".Camera is cool.Use it some much I had to do my second charge.A tiny bit slower than my laptop but hey for $79.00 who cares.Would highly recommend.Already told my friends and co-workers.I also bought the case that has the keyboard which I also recommend.Keeps your fingers off the screen and gives it that laptop feel.Comes with all adapters and plugged right into the D2.If you want to spend $400.00 or more for a tablet go ahead but I'm crazed about my $79.00 D2.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...
on March 11, 2013
Color Name: BlueVerified Purchase
I purchased this tablet for my husband's birthday. He is extremely pleased with the speed, the variations and all
the possibilities of it's use. The price was awesome, and it is perfect for getting on his social web-sites. The only draw back is the pre-downloaded Amazon Aps Store application. DO NOT download any of the applications on this site, these applications have dangerous malware attached to them when they are downloaded. I purchased additional virus protection for his tablet, and every time we attempted to download any of those applications the virus protection would warn us that there was malicious malware attached to the application. I just do not understand why Amazon continues to offer these free applications that immediately causes owners of new android devices to download malicious applications that will ruin your device before you can really use it.
22 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoSending feedback...