Digitech XSW Synth Wah Envelope Filter Guitar Pedal
- 7 different Synth and Envelope Filter sounds
- Adjutable filter and frequency cutoffs
- Normal/Dry and Effect outputs
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Top Customer Reviews
1) My guitar goes through 9 other pedals. I can switch between going through them and plugging my guitar directly into my amp and I can't hear a significant difference. However with this in my chain on bypass mode my sound turns to a harsh brittle tone. Totally unacceptable. I'm not about about to spend another $80 to get a proper bypass pedal.
2) The volume of the pedal enabled with many settings was quite a bit louder than the bypass signal. Maybe that was due to being after a few other pedals and getting a hotter signal than it was designed for, but hot or active pickups would cause that problem too. There really should be a volume control on this pedal.
Besides that, I got some usable and fun sounds out of this green machine, but not as varied as the product description says. In reality there are only 4 modes, not 7. Three of them are just variations on the first 3. But I got some really cool sounds to play Chameleon with, and everyone in the band liked it, so I'll be searching for a better unit.
I next tried a Line 6 M5 StompBox Modeler (again it no FX volume control and greatly needed it). I now use a Electro Harmonix Micro Synth in my pedal chain that sounds great and does what I need it to do. Check out the sounds it can produce on youtube and the Electro Harmonix website. It's downside that that it is not programmable. This means you dial in a sound an can use it live with a press of a button. If they created a programmable presets version I would buy it in a heart beat.
This thing sounds very cool. The envelope filter has a nice vocal quality and you can play around with the sensitivity and play around with not quite triggering it.
I think this pedal is much better suited to experimenting in the studio. There are all kinds of interesting sounds, and each of the 7 settings has a pretty large amount of adjustability. I tend to think of this as "a bunch of unusual sounds in a box" rather than a guitar pedal with a more narrow purpose.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
It is a lot of fun and cool. unforuntately the battery ran out fairly quickly. You need to get a seperate power source. I wish it came with the product.Published 1 month ago by Amazon Customer
I haven't owned this pedal but I've used it plenty of times and I love the crazy sounds you can make with it!Published 10 months ago by Nathan Selestok
I love this to death. Very flexible, lots of super fun sounds. Well designed and well made.Published 18 months ago by V. Schleyer
This is a really fun pedal for the price. The autowah works better than most other pedals I have tried, so that's a plus by itself.Published on September 2, 2013 by Eleshop