Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Diluvia
Your Garage Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer roadies roadies roadies  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Best Camping & Hiking Gear in Outdoors

Format: MP3 Music|Change
Price:$7.99

on October 9, 2012
I first found out about freelance whales back in late 2010 with their debut album "Weathervanes". It took me a little while to digest the sickly-sweet melodies and extremely upbeat nature of it, but after a few listens I fell in love. That is now up as one of my favorite albums of all time. I can't listen to it without it somehow lifting my spirits in some way. I didn't think things could get better for a sophomore album, but i was wrong. It is different in that it is slightly less upbeat than the last album, but it is every bit as beautiful. They really outdid themselves with this one. There's a lot less acoustic things going on here, and a lot more electronics and synths. You'll find the same sweet vocals as the last one, which i'm glad they kept here. The best way I can describe this album is that it's ethereal.... just beautiful. If you liked Weathervanes, you have to buy this one. Support this artist, I can't wait to see where they go in the future.
on October 13, 2012
It's a different sound for sure, but it still fits them well. It's a bit haunting almost, but the album as a whole has a very cohesive feel to it. They do keep many of their stylish bits from Weathervanes, but they're not quite as prominent.

There does seem to be a missing sing-along quality, but I think it still has incredible replay value. I think Aeolus, Follow Through, and Locked Out are standouts, but there is hardly any dropoff.

Sure this album isn't quite as playful. I guess it has a little more of a mature sound. I think that makes it pretty interesting though, because it works really well.
on July 1, 2013
Freelance Whales's sophomore release, Diluvia, is an album filled with gorgeously lush melodies fused with vocals that evoke the adventurousness of youth. This group of multi-instrumentalists craft songs that embody a dream-like atmosphere that is the musical equivalent of Where the Wild Things Are. It's become the soundtrack to my summer and every repeated listen makes me want to cry for a lost youth while simultaneously filling my heart with a contented joy and realization that life, no matter your age, is a momentous experience to be treasured and embraced. Diluvia is an album of both longing and hope; reminiscent for the past while sanguine for the future.
on April 27, 2014
if you like freelance whales older stuff you will probably like this. if you like mellow music you will like this. it's not my favorite album by them but it's nice to put on when i'm studying or doing something where i don't really want to have all my focus on the music.
on August 23, 2013
Wow, just a great album. I was so-so on the first Freelance Whales album. This is a total keeper-- catchy, dynamic, beautiful. I absolutely love the atmospheric layering of sounds. I listen to a lot of contemporary music and I haven't gotten this excited about an album in a long time.
on October 27, 2012
However much i hate saying that title... It's the truth i'm afraid. WAS so SOOO looking forward to this album and i'm feeling slightly disappointed. i Loved how much sing-along there was with Weathervanes...this is pretty spacey, which i like hence the 3 stars, but...i want the electronic little bleeps and bloops and the banjo kicking in hard like Weathervanes... Here's to hoping their 3rd album is more like Weathervanes!!
on April 23, 2014
I'll be honest: I was disappointed when I first heard Diluvia, the sophomore album from Freelance Whales. I cried about a sophomore slump. After all, Weathervanes is one of my favorite albums. After one spin of Diluvia, I was convinced that Freelance Whales had been beached.

Fortunately, I didn't give up after one listen. This album quickly grew on me, and I think it shows the growth of the band. The songs are beautiful and rich, and there's not a dud track on here. If you are a huge fan of Weathervanes, then this album most likely will take a little patience. But, after several listens, you'll be glad they did things a little different this time around.
on October 3, 2013
When I listen to this, I imagine myself in an aquarium in a giant bubble, surrounded by manatees, drinking orange juice out of coconuts.
on February 28, 2013
I found Freelance Whales a few months after their first album, Weathervanes, came out. I have been in love with them ever since. Diluvia was hotly anticipated by me for months while they were recording and posting updates, and WOW it turned out great! I don't even know what genre to place this group in, but when I listen to them, especially this new album, I feel like I'm transported to another place for the duration. There is something other-worldly and, to me, a bit melancholy about Diluvia. If you have never heard of this group, I highly recommend checking them out. They are near the top of my favorites of all time!
on January 20, 2013
The music was just a weird mix. The vocals were too quiet if played in the car, and it was not what I wanted at all. The music was like Animal Collective, without the quality.