5.0 out of 5 stars *LOVE* is not too strong of a sentiment
Published 11 months ago by Robin

2.0 out of 5 stars Really wavey, won't make for a clean looking install.
It may be that I just got a poorly packaged product, or maybe I'm too picky, but here was my experience:

Published 8 months ago by Calcifer

5.0 out of 5 stars *LOVE* is not too strong of a sentiment, September 3, 2013
Robin (Mc Callsburg, IA, United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
My alarm clock has a dimmer switch on it, but even when on the lowest setting it seems more like a real-life lighthouse on my nightstand. I was looking at buying an alarm lock where I could complete shut off the light. Instead, I found Dim It and bazinga (!) problem solved. I can still read the alarm clock but its glaring light no longer wakes me up. I also put a tiny bit over the light on the dashboard of my car, on the glaring light that indicates my headlights are on bright. Yep - I can still see the indicator light but I no longer have to drive with one hand on a very specific part of the steering wheel to keep the light from shining in my eyes. One package of Dim It is MUCH cheaper than a new alarm clock and new car! And more importantly, my husband no longer has to listen to me crab about the lights. :)

4.0 out of 5 stars Does its job, December 17, 2012
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
I purchased these sheets to dim the lights on my desktop. I have a NZXT case that has fan control switches which were very bright in the dark. Putting these on cut the sharp edge the light had while still letting me see them. This came with 2 sheets, you have to cut them to the appropriate size for your device. Also note these are static cling, meaning that they can slide off if you are trying to use them in certain environments. At first mine fell off but the next day they clung and have not fallen off since but I suspect that a fan would blow them off. Keep in mind I am using very small pieces on these lights, for bigger surfaces it should cling better.

Update Feb 2013: So far the dimming sheets are still doing what they need to do. I recently added a cut to my new sub because it was so bright. I cleaned my computer and forgot to put the strips back on and it's amazing how much light they block out.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great, easy-to-use item (better than sticky versions!), March 24, 2013
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
SUMMARY:
These are great!
Much better than the sticker versions (http://www.amazon.com/LightDims-Get-All-Four-Products/dp/B00AQ9TPQK), which I had bought previously, and which these replaced.
DETAILS:
These are static-cling sheets, which can be cut to any shape and size. They can also be layered for complete light blocking, if you like. I use them in my car, to cover the bright orange "low-gas" light and the bright blue "brights on" light. I can still see the lights through the dimmers, but they are much less distracting at night. Ideal!
They are re-positionable, which is great when you're reaching forward and changing position to place them, and keep putting them in the wrong spot! The stickers I had before were almost impossible to get off, even with my fingernails.

4.0 out of 5 stars It worked for me I hate light when sleeping, June 5, 2013
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
My wife tell me I must be a vampire because I like it dark. Now the tiniest light will bother me so I got electric tape on any light source, but when it came to the clock that was not an option. Me I'd get rid of it but my wife claims she needs it and like to look up and see the time. I got the product and first I thought it not going to work but it worked. now it does put off some light but it doesn't light up the room hard to explain it just works for me. it is harder to read in day light but I happy

2.0 out of 5 stars Really wavey, won't make for a clean looking install., December 21, 2013
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets

Package shipped quickly (thanks, Amazon), but when I received the product, it was really wavey and almost looked like it had melted inside. Upon opening, I found that both sheets that normally would be separated from each other and the plastic sides of the packaging by 3 separate wax sheets (one in between, and one on each outside), were only separated by two. Thus, one of my sheets was stuck to the side of the packing pretty bad and was tough to get out. Once both were removed, I was expecting some very straight sheets, much like what you'd see in a smartphone screen protector. Mine weren't; they were wavy and had obviously absorbed some sort of heat to mess with their natural flat shape. I wanted to try them anyway since my alarm clock is too bright, even on its lowest setting.

Using a credit card to get a clean and bubble-less install, I slowly placed the item over my alarm screen. It does stick well, but the install simply won't come clean. There are quite a few bubbles, and I noticed after I got the thing on decently, that the sheet had absorbed a lot of the print from the packaging, since it was stuck to the side of it. Now my screen says things like "Patent Pending," which was on the package.

So, does it dim the screen? Yes, considerably. Does it stick? It seems to stick well to my flat plastic Sony alarm clock face. So it works, but the shipping condition left a lot to be desired and therefore it made this install not look as clean as my standards would like.

5.0 out of 5 stars Just what I needed, September 8, 2012
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
I have poor eyesight so I purchased a clock with a large display. The numbers were big enough I could now read them without reaching for my glasses but the light kept me from falling easily asleep. Dim It solved my problem. Now the numbers are bright enough to see but not so bright that they keep me up.

Installation was very easy, and they were still removable later if I wanted to use them for something else.

4.0 out of 5 stars Works Well, June 11, 2012
Arleen (Aurora, IL United States) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
These are easy to use and do what they say. When the room lights are off at night, you can see just enough of the clock numerals to know what time it is, but you don't get that bright light. The only reason I gave it 4 stars instead of 5 is that if you want to see the time during the day, you do have to take the sheet off the clock.

5.0 out of 5 stars Solid Product, November 13, 2012
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
I'm very pleased with these sheets. I bought these for an alarm clock that was just way too bright. These sheets fix the problem, and are barely noticeable. I figured the static cling wouldn't work very well and that the sheet would stick out, but they work as described and get the job done.

One minor issue - It looks like the words words on the back of the packaging got imprinted into the darkening sheet, and you can sort of see them in very direct light. This is barely noticeable, just wanted to mention it.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Great Solution, March 11, 2013
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
The Dim Its Light Dimming sheets are the perfect answer to those glaring LED lights on our electronic gadgets. The sheets arrive in a business size envelope, and are not as large as the Amazon pictures appear; however, they do the job. I had previously purchased the pre-cut ones, which came in an assortment of sizes and shapes. But they were somewhat impractical if you have several large devices because the pre-cuts have a lot of small dot-shaped coverups, and not many big pieces. I found the whole sheet, cut-your-own a better solution for my needs, but your situation may be different. The pieces use static cling to adhere to the surface of the device, and do remove somewhat easily. The package says they can be reused, but my clumsy fingers usually destroyed the very flimsy film of which the Dim Its are constructed. Nonetheless, these are a great answer to those terribly bright LEDs.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dark Again, February 24, 2013
This review is from: Dim It ® light dimming sheets
These dimming sheets work wonderfully. At last I can sleep in a dark room again without the alarm clock brightness.

Dim It ® light dimming sheets