5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mitsubishi DLP 3D
Published on November 23, 2011 by JohnnyD

1.0 out of 5 stars Does NOT work on 2009 and older Mitsubishi 3D "Ready" TV's
If you are trying to get 3D by using a Panasonic 3D player that produces the Checkerboard format for playing DVD's, instead of the Mitsubishi 3DA-1, and you have a 2009 and older Mitsubishi TV and want to plug this emmitter into the back of the TV, it does NOT work.

I bought a "Quantum" emitter instead and it DOES work in this configuration for Xpand...
Published 7 months ago by Ray

5.0 out of 5 stars Great for Mitsubishi DLP 3D, November 23, 2011
This review is from: Dimensional Optics 3ACTIVE IR Emitter Compatible with Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV (Electronics)
Got a set of these, plus the 3Active IR emitter and a 3Active set of kid size glasses for my 9yr old daughter. The glasses and emitter are basically plug and play on the Mitsubishi WD-65738. It took all of 5 minutes to connect and be watching smooth, better than theater quality 3D. We watched Harry Potter Deathly Hallows pt 2 and it was brilliant. Never had any issues with glasses or rainbow effects or tint problems, nothing but wonderful 3D experience. WE are very please with this product and would recommend for use with the Mitsu DLP.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works on my Mitsubishi DLP TV with Sony glasses, March 25, 2013
Andrew (Alameda, CA United States) - See all my reviews
I had some trouble confirming that this would all work for my setup, so I thought I would confirm what I have in case it helps anyone else. This setup is working for me.

Dimensional Optics 3ACTIVE IR Emitter
Mitsubishi DLP rear projection TV WD-60638
Sony PS3 Active Shutter Glasses model 98079 (But any Sony 3d PS3 glasses should work)
Windows 7 PC with a first generation i3 CPU (no external graphics card - onboard HDMI only)
Arcsoft TotalMedia Theater (tested with TMT3 w/3d plugin and TMT6)

Using this setup, I was able to play 3d Blu-Ray discs WITHOUT needing the Mitsubishi 3-DA1. The Mitsubishi 3-DA1 which is one of the components in the Mitsubishi 3d starter pack is required in order to convert most 3d formats into checkerboard format which is the only 3d format that some of the older (2010 and older) Mitsubishi TVs support.

Arcsoft TMT is able to output checkboard format directly to the TV via the onboard HDMI.

5.0 out of 5 stars WORKS GREAT WITH Optoma HD 33 Projectors!, January 7, 2013
Just like the title says, it works flawlessly with the Optoma HD33 projector. So if you have one, and you're looking to an alternative to the 90$-each glasses, here's your solution. This is completely plug-n-play. So just plug it into the Vesa 3D port on the back of your TV/projector, and set it to Vesa 3D. That's pretty much it.
Nice, powerful emitter, I use it with my projector and it's not even in direct LOS. If I move around the room it keeps sync like a champ!

So far I tried it with the Playstation glasses (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B00562O8U0/ref=oh_details_o03_s01_i01 ) and with the Sainsonic Zodiac L921 (http://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B009NAYOIM/ref=oh_details_o00_s00_i00) both work perfectly.

For 25 bucks , this thing is pure gold!

5.0 out of 5 stars Good buy, August 17, 2013
Works like a charm on my MIT w73642. It's simple plug n play ir signal sender for active ir glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product!, April 19, 2013
Did what it said it would do! We have had no problems whatsoever on our 73" mitsubishi tv. I would definitely recommend this product!

5.0 out of 5 stars 3d, June 5, 2013
I have a Mitsubishi 73 inch dlp tv an I bought a emitter to play games through my Xbox 360 and it turned out just fine!!! I love it.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works well with Optoma 3D-XL. May be too powerful though., May 11, 2013
I paired this with an Optoma 3D-XL in order to be able to use the IR glasses I already owned. It works very well with Blick 3d glasses, but with my Xpand 104’s it had sync issues.i eventually discovered that the IR signal was too strong, so I turned the emitter backwards and pointed it toward my screen. After that, I had perfect sync with the Xpand glasses.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dimensional Optics 3ACTIVE IR Emitter Compatible with Mitsubishi 3D DLP TV, March 19, 2013
Works without a single problem on my Mitsubishi 65" DLP. This replaced the original emitter that came with the Mitsubishi 3D Kit.

5.0 out of 5 stars Compatible with Samsung HLT5087S 3D-Ready DLP TV Too!, March 29, 2013
I was a little hesitant about ordering this Dimensional Optics 3ACTIVE IR Emitter because the description only says it's compatible with Mitsubishi 3D DLP TVs. I own a Samsung HLT5087s (I think it was made in 2007) and this emitter does work on my TV, and the instructions say it's compatible with both Mitsubishi and Samsung 3D-Ready TVs. It was very complicated to figure out how to make everything work though. To make it work, you need this emitter, compatible 3D glasses (I use the PlayStation 3 3D Glasses), a 3D Blu-Ray DVD Payer (I use a Panasonic DMP-BDT210), and of course you need a HDMI cable capable of 3D and a 3D movie.

Here's where it gets a bit tricky--on my TV, I had to have the HDMI cable plugged into the HDMI / DVI input. Then you must setup the Blu-Ray player to "checkerboard" mode BEFORE you will be able to turn on the 3D mode on the Samsung TV. Once you turn on the 3D mode on the TV, then the emitter will turn on.

Note: On my Samsung TV, there were 2 different 3D modes. I had to flip between these 2 modes while watching the 3D movie (with the 3D glasses on) to figure out which 3D mode worked for my setup. Also, there is a L/R button on the emitter, so you may have to push it if your 3D doesn't seem to be working. If you do not see a red light on the emitter, then your emitter is not on. The emitter will only turn on once you have your Blu-Ray player set to checkerboard and then the 3D mode set on the TV. Remember, you must set the checkerboard mode FIRST on the Blu-Ray player, before you will be able to turn on 3D mode on the TV. I couldn't even get to the 3D mode on my TV until the Blu-Ray player was set right--it was grayed out and wouldn't let me access it.

While I wish there were better instructions, because it took me forever to figure out how to get everything working, I am very glad I purchased this emitter! Finally can enjoy 3D movies!

5.0 out of 5 stars useful product, May 10, 2014
Alma Atkinson (MidWest, Missouri,USA) - See all my reviews
this works very well. we have used it since we installed it on our new Mitsubishi tv and it has not failed to give satisfactory performance.

Rate and Discover Movies