Truck Month Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it A. Sinclair Father's Day Gift Guide 2016 Fire TV Stick Get Ready for Summer and Save 15% The Baby Store Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Cash Back Offer DrThorne DrThorne DrThorne  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $149.99 All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Outdoor Recreation

Format: Kindle Edition|Change
Price:$4.99

on January 4, 2013
Creative ideas and "fun" throughout but with poor writing and terrible editing. The characters are flat, repetitive and all too alike to be believable. Use of English is poor with sloppy/lazy editing eg many words are spelled right but misused. One does not reign a horse, or sheer a bolt or ... well I could go on and on. The overuse and misuse of commas is just awful from beginning to end. Though this book reads somewhat like YF (youth fiction), its poor structure just contributes to the decline of the novel as a literary form.
on September 21, 2012
Story dragged on and on .....finally gave up when it put me to sleep! Too repetitive and slow. Characters were not interesting and plot went no where but to a long boring death. There's so much good SF out there, but this isn't one of them.
on August 29, 2014
Overall I liked the trilogy, but by the end, if I had had to read the lead characters saying "Sweetie" or "My love" ONE MORE TIME I just might have went on a homicidal rampage.

Ok, maybe not, but seriously, even in the most tense or chaotic scenes, the two lead characters were mooning over each other like a couple of love sick goobers who had no idea what was happening around them.
on March 5, 2015
I really enjoyed this series. It had a sweet love story, some interesting technology inventions, and an apololyptic story line about good people trying to do the right thing for the world. I hated for it to end. The thing that kept me from giving it 5 stars was the the sub story. I typically don't enjoy those kinds of interruptions to the main story line.
on July 16, 2013
Excellent trilogy, each well spaced without the need to repositioning as each could stand on their own. Hope there will be a fourth book although I like the finish to it as it stands. Thank you for the fun journey!
on June 14, 2012
I looked forward to reading this book after completing the Author's two previous novels in the series. The players were now well established and the plot proceeded nicely as I found myself racing ahead to find out how all the secondary stories were to be brought to final. I was not disappointed, and would recommend this book as a very good and entertaining read. The Author shows her engineering background, and has thought long on some throw away concepts which are far more challenging than most sifi authors would have us believe i.e. shooting a moving target at a velocity close to a fraction of c. The world she has built is somewhat utopian, but there is little point in building a "shining city on a hill" if someone is not going to get close to it, and I get tired of the 'we are all doomed' after a while. I liked it!
on April 21, 2012
This book is the third in the Dimensional Shift trilogy. It continues the excitement of the first two while bringing together the many subplots begun in the first two books, tying together both the present and past. Nothing is left hanging, but there is enough plot potential for (as Benny Hill used to say) "a trilogy in four parts".

The author has made excellent use of projected technology and has also used considerable subtlety in exploring the implications of this technology. This provides the sci-fi backbone of the stories. The main characters are strongly portrayed and supporting characters quickly become recognizable. It, along with the other two books is an interesting and rewarding reading experience and well worth the price.

One thing in the books bothered me a little, but is probably understandable due to the tight focus on the main characters: huge numbers of people die several times in the three books with very little fuss and bother. In one case, several thousand people were dispatched by a main character in a battle (bad guys, of course) within about one short paragraph. The reaction of the main characters during these die-offs is really almost too muted to be plausible.

Overall, the entire trilogy is a cut above much of the sci-fi that I have seen lately. It is one of the few that I will probably re-read in the future.
on April 9, 2013
As someone said of the first novel, don't bother. Give up now, save $3 and just move on. This edition is terrible. Omg, aliens just like us. It sucks
on May 4, 2013
I loved the story line, the writing however just didn't hold up. Lots of cheesy stuff in here. But I did read the whole series wanting to know how it all ended. Was disapointed though. Would recomend for maybe a teen audience.
on January 7, 2015
Michelle Stone is a delightful writer and creates an extremely engaging characters and story. I hope for more in this series.