4.0 out of 5 stars Good bulbs!...but "warm white"?
Ahhhh!!!!...can anyone clearly describe light to someone else? I'll try starting with describing the bulbs.

The good:
-Bulbs came packaged very well, no breakage, no duds.
-The bulbs themselves are good looking both turned on and off. (They look better in person than the picture)
-The outside fins are metal with a nice smooth finish...
Published on August 22, 2012 by J

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be 5 star but has an issue
I just bought one bulb to test. I'm using it in the kitchen fan hood which requires 4 bulbs.

Pros:

Beautifully built. Looks good on and off. Build quality seems excellent

This LED bulb is noticabley brighter than my original 35W halogens.

Published on December 4, 2012 by B. Lee

4.0 out of 5 stars Good bulbs!...but "warm white"?, August 22, 2012
This review is from: LE Dimmable 4W MR16 GU10 LED Light Bulbs, 35W Equivalent, 210lm, 45° Beam Angle, Recessed Lighting, Track Lighting, Warm White (Tools & Home Improvement)

The good:
-Bulbs came packaged very well, no breakage, no duds.
-The outside fins are metal with a nice smooth finish.
-Dimming is very functional from full on to very dim, even with my old fashioned push button dial dimmer switch.
-Very bright, good light spread, similar to the halogens I replaced.
-I am using them in a celing fixture that the bulbs are fully exposed. When they are turned on, some light comes through the metal fins and makes a nice pattern (not too much) on the ceiling.
-Low wattage and much cooler than the halogens I replaced.
-Price $7.45 ea. is a steal if they last awhile. (will update review if any of them burn out)

The could be better:
-They are described as 'warm white'...um...not compared to halogens. I would say similar to flourescent light.
-Slight buzzing sound (like flourescent lights) at all brightnesses, very faint, but definitely audible.

Overall I like the bulbs and would recommend them to others, with the disclaimer that they are a 'neutral white' color. Not really 'warm' but not 'cool blue' either.

3.0 out of 5 stars Would be 5 star but has an issue, December 4, 2012
B. Lee (San Francisco, CA) - See all my reviews

Pros:

Beautifully built. Looks good on and off. Build quality seems excellent

This LED bulb is noticabley brighter than my original 35W halogens.

Fit is perfectly matched to my old halogen bulbs. The width and height are the same.

Runs cool. I have it on for several minutes and its still cool to the touch. The halogens are hot. The bulb must be efficent.

Cons:
I bought the warm bulbs but they leave a green hue on my white wall whereas the original halogen leaves a red hue. This isnt really a con, but may have to change the other three bulbs to be consistent. The color is not as warm as the halogens but not cold.

I have bi-level switch on my light fixture (bright and dim). On bright, the lamps work great. However on the Dim setting, the lamps strobes. It is very noticeable and probably unbearable. The strobing doesnt stop until I turn the switch to high or off. It isnt a warming up issue. This is why I didnt rate this product 5 stars and probably wont buy another set right now. Did I get a defective bulb or is anyone else having this problem? Other reviews have said that the bulbs dim nicely. That is not my case.

3.0 out of 5 stars Exceeded all expectations (mostly), July 6, 2012
I hesitated to purchase any LED bulb because I've used LED lights in the past and always felt the light from an LED did not disperse very well resulting in little ambient light outside of the focus area. However, my office in my new house was set up with 12 track lights using 50w halogens and I wasn't interested in sitting under 600w of heat, so I took a shot by starting with 4 of these bulbs.

I could not be happier that I did so. They put off as much light, if not more, as I'd expect from the "35w Equivalent", and the lack of heat is exactly what I was looking for. The light they produce is more like what you get from a bright white or even a daylight bulb, so if you're looking for soft white this may not be for you. However I actually prefer it to the light I got from the original halogen bulbs. The dimming on the lights works very well too. They don't seem to dim quite as far as the halogens did, but they dim far enough for my taste and my dimmer does not go all the way to 0% power so that may be a factor. Overall I highly recommend these bulbs.

Update August 2014: I have had some issue with the lifespan of these bulbs. If you look at the manufactures website (http://www.lightingever.com/dimmable-4w-gu10-led-bulbs-warm-white.html) it claims an expected lifespan of 50,000 hours (or 25 years assuming 2000 hours per year). Of the eight bulbs I've bought 3 of them have lasted 2 years or less. I have halogen bulbs in there with a 2000 hour lifespan that outlasted the bulbs that failed. I don't really expect 25 years, but I would expect at the very least 5 years given the cost of the bulbs and the fact that they're LED.

3.0 out of 5 stars Outstanding Build Quality - Unfortunate GREEN color temp!, May 30, 2013
I purchased two GU10 LED bulbs, for comparison, with the goal of eliminating the energy-sucking, heat-generating halogen "ovens" I am currently using. My primary criteria were:

- Less than $10 per bulb (including shipping costs)
- Minimum 35 watt "equivalent" (with 50 watt equivalency as a bonus)
- Warm White (ideally "close" to halogen)
- Minimum 40 degree beam angle
- Ideally close to the equivalent size of halogen (my bulbs are exposed, not flush or recessed in cans, so the size can deviate somewhat)
- Stylish bulb housing that emits some light from the sides (like a true halogen bulb) to aesthetically enhance my stainless steel and glass light fixture.
- Dimmable
- Minimum 4-star Amazon rating

Obviously a tall order at my desired price point (given the current state of LED technology).

Product# 1: Lighting EVER Dimmable 4W GU10 LED Bulbs, 35W Equivalent, Recessed Lighting, Track Lighting, Warm White
(THIS PRODUCT)

PROS:
- Very reassuring professional packaging.
- Outstanding build quality and very stylish. Better than the photos. It looks and feels like a substantive, precision-made product. The highly polished, swirled aluminum housing fins look GREAT in any fixture where the lamp is exposed. (If you have recessed "cans" that hide the sides of your bulb, this will be of little consequence to you).
- Emits some light from the sides of the bulb's housing fins (very little), in an attempt to emulate the effect of exposed halogen bulbs.
- Absolutely perfect size, identical to a halogen (for anyone who needs flush recessed bulbs in a can-type housing)
- Instant on. No delays whatsoever.
- Light output is nearly equivalent to a 35 watt halogen.
- Beam angle is equivalent to my 35w halogen (approximately 40 degrees)
- Dimmable

CONS:
- EXTREMELY GREEN LIGHT OUTPUT. This was an insurmountable problem that ultimately made me return the bulb. Let me repeat it for anyone who is "hopeful" (as I was): This bulb's output is absolutely NOTHING like your halogen bulb. Although the product description indicates "Warm White", and lists a color temperature of 3000 Kelvin, I would subjectively disagree with that claim. Although I do not possess a light meter, I would guesstimate that the color temperature is somewhere in the range of 4000 to 4500 Kelvin. Regardless, it is NOT warm white, bright white, cool white, or daylight. It's GREEN. It is so green that anyone viewed beneath its green pallor will unquestionably look like they are combatting a serious case of food poisoning. I'm not sure how the manufacturer arrived at the designation of "Warm White". However, given the obvious quality of the bulb housing and packaging, I've given it 3 stars for effort. I genuinely hope this manufacturer works on improving this bulb's color temperature in future iterations, because they would have a winner on their hands. As it stands, I returned this item because of the ghastly color. (Note to self: These could be useful at Halloween).

Product# 2: TORCHSTAR Dimmable LED GU10 3200K Warm White Spotlight 110V 4W (330 Lumen - 50 Watt Equivalent) 45 Degree Beam angle

PROS:
- Professional packaging (with a few less-reassuring English translation inaccuracies).
- Excellent build quality, as depicted in the photos. When "off", the TORCHSTAR housing does not look as "high tech" as the LIGHTING EVER. However, when the bulb is "on" in a fixture...
- This bulb almost "glows" a soft light from the entire length of its housing fins, and it does an OUTSTANDING job of emulating the glow of an exposed halogen bulb, It actually looks better than an exposed halogen bulb in my stainless steel and glass light fixture. (If your bulbs are recessed, you will not benefit from this effect).
- Bulb is slightly longer than a true halogen (by approximately 5 millimeters). If you absolutely need the face of your bulbs to sit flush in a recessed or can-type housing, this may be a deal breaker. (5 mm = .196 inches)
- Instant on. No delays.
- Light output is slightly brighter than a 35 watt halogen. (Product claims 50 watt equivalency, but I only have 35 watt halogen bulbs on hand for comparison).
- Beam angle is slightly wider than my 35 watt halogen. (Product is rated at 45 degrees).
- Dimmable.

CONS:
- This too is NOT a warm white bulb, in my humble opinion. It is, however, vastly closer to "Warm White" than the Lighting Ever bulb, and nobody will think you're suffering from a case of food poisoning while standing beneath its light. While the Torchstar also emits a hint of green, it is not over-powering like the Lighting Ever bulb... and the color temperature is much closer to Torchstar's advertised 3200 Kelvin, than Lighting Ever's advertised 3000 Kelvin. Make no mistake... this is not the rich "hint of red" 2700 Kelvin that a true halogen warm white bulb emits. Nevertheless, given the current options AT THIS PRICE POINT, Torchstar's bulb is the winner.

In conclusion, I've re-ordered the Torchstar bulbs and returned the Lighting Ever bulb.

(Note: There is a bulb from HitLights currently on Amazon that also meets much of the aforementioned criteria, especially the target price point. However, according to customer reviews and photos, the housing is significantly larger than a standard GU10 halogen bulb. Additionally, the sides of the bulb housing do not emit light like a true halogen. Hence, it was excluded from contention).

5.0 out of 5 stars Good replacement for halogens, January 6, 2013
Barry Berenberg (Tijeras, NM United States) - See all my reviews
I have gradually been replacing the halogen bulbs in my house with these. So far I have installed five - three in a mini track light from Ikea, two in a high-end ceiling fan. No duds in the lot. The light is definitely more of a bright white or daylight than a warm white. My wife likes it better than the original halogens. We have mottled off-white/light tan floor tiles. The LEDs make them look more white than brown compared to the halogens. The LEDs are exactly the same size as the halogens. The ceiling fan has fairly tight fixtures, and the LEDs fit without any problem.

4.0 out of 5 stars Best LED alternative to Halogen I have found, April 7, 2013
The Good:
Same size as Halogen bulbs they replaced (very important if the light cover is designed to fit halogen bulbs)
Very bright - I had them side by side 50w halogen and they are as bright or brighter than 50w halogen
Cool - My halogen bulbs gave off so much heat that you could feel it from 5' away
Going on 9 mos and they are still working - the halogen bulbs in my kitchen started dying after 3 mos
Lower price point than other LED's

The Ok
They look a little industrial - consideration if you are installing them where they will be exposed in a traditional room
The color is closer to 6500k not 3500k

I haven't heard them buzz

Summary:
I did (too much) research to learn about what bulbs would be the best replacement for my 50w warm white halogen bulbs. These were the best in my opinion based on the physical size of the bulb, the brightness, and the cost. I have (and will) purchase more in the future.

1.0 out of 5 stars Didn't last...., May 28, 2013
I bought 10 of these 6 months ago, for two light fixtures over my kitchen island. these lights are on almost the whole time we are home. I had spent a fair amount of money replacing the halogen versions and was looking for something that would last longer. The promise of LED's....

Unfortunately, I've had 4 of them stop working so far. Clearly these are not meeting the standard of a 20 year bulb.

I won't be replacing them with this same brand, and would highly recommend anyone in this market look elsewhere. 4/10 at 6 months is pretty terrible. Feeling like they stole $80 from me (though so far, I guess its just $30, but we'll see how long the rest last).

UPDATE 8/4/13

3 More have stopped working. I am now down to 3 working lights out of ten. These didn't last any longer than the usual halogens I was buying from Home Depot.

I now have a $14 Feit GU10 LED bulb in, and it looks pretty good. Twice the price but the potential to last 20x as long. We'll see

2.0 out of 5 stars 25% failure rate after one month, October 22, 2012
I bought four of these and one has failed already - just past the date when I could return it. The light was warmer than another LED bulb I tried but still fairly "cold". It didn't put out as much light as the halogen but it was close. These bulbs do come on instantly which was nice, but the failure rate is unacceptable.

3.0 out of 5 stars Blue-ish light, not very bright, short in length, February 18, 2013
Kari Z RN (Milwaukee, WI) - See all my reviews
This is a 35W equivalent bulb that doesn't even seem that bright. It is OK for accent lighting, but not for main lighting duty.
The light it produces is not a warm white, rather a quite cool blue.
The bulb is the exact same height as the halogens it replaced.
I was looking for a bulb that allowed some of the light to shine through the cooling fins of the bulb, so it would light up the translucent glass fixture I had them installed in. It has a very small amount of light that is deflected by the clear lens cover to the sides, but none the gets through the fins. It was not enough to show any features of the glass fixture.

1.0 out of 5 stars Bad Choice, May 10, 2014
They don't last. They will start flashing on and off and then finally nothing. Lasted only a few months. I notified the company (that was a communication challenge), they sent some replacements and after a few months the same thing. I notified them again, but they said they didn't carry that bulb anymore, so there was nothing they could do. But here it is for sale again on Amazon.