5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful contemporary electric fireplace
Published on November 15, 2011 by Mini Ron

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this for warmth
This fireplace makes a nice appearance and looks exactly like it does on the website. It does NOT give off heat unless you hold your hands next to it. The blower is under the unit which means that the heat doesn't radiate out from it. My unit was scratched when I received it, but it was too much of a hassle to box it up for return.
Published on March 14, 2012 by milly

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful contemporary electric fireplace, November 15, 2011
Mini Ron (Seattle, Wa USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dimplex RWF-DG Sahara Electric Wall Mounted Stove, Dark Grey (Kitchen)
Other than waiting for a long shipment and below average packaging for this priced item which may have caused bottom of the unit getting dented, this beautiful electric fireplace is highly recommended. I'm surprised how much bigger and hefty this unit is in real life compared to the photos. Very easy to install if you are quite handy otherwise I would ask the help of a handy man. This unit is quite heavy but thankfully the front glass is removable which makes it possible to install on the wall by myself. When turned on the fire behind sand dunes look realistic to me, this is more of a contemporary/modern look rather than the look of country firewoods. I chosed this because it is perfect for our modern living room decor. The heat comes out of the vent at the bottom of the fireplace, the front glass and top stays cool to the touch. The remote control only turns on/off the unit and works from a distance. There are also controls at the bottom of the fireplace. The other night looking at a low dimmed lighted living room, this fireplace sure made the area look like an elegant high priced hotel.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very attractive and sturdy., January 31, 2012
This fireplace is a wonderful addition to our facility. The fire it creates is very nice and the heat it gives off is just warm when you are near it. Otherwise it is very sturdy looking and the size is also very good. It is also good that it does not get hot when you touch the glass (for safety reasons). I would certainly buy another one when the need arises.

5.0 out of 5 stars Very Happy, March 9, 2012
I always liked restaurants where you could eat by the fire, so I hung this unit on the wall over my dining room table and it looks great. It has made the dining room my favorite room. I'm thinking about putting one in the bedroom also since it can be mounted up at the right height to enjoy. Amazon was $100.00 cheaper than the other site I found this on, so don't waste your time looking around. Also you should know unit is very heavy, but the hardware that was included to mount unit worked great.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great product, February 7, 2012
We're thrilled with this fireplace. The realistic flame, the quality, the styling all make this an excellent buy. We've had rave reviews from everyone who's seen it. I wouldn't hesitate to recommend this product.
Cheers!

5.0 out of 5 stars Beautiful electric fireplace, January 20, 2012
We have seen this fireplace in stores. It was expensive in the stores. So we ordered online. This is a great firplace and it meets our expectations. It came on time and in perfect condition.

3.0 out of 5 stars Dont buy this for warmth, March 14, 2012

1.0 out of 5 stars Great product...terrible packing, April 26, 2012
We built a room around this fireplace. The product looks amazing and the flame is very realistic. What has been extremely disappointing is that we have replaced this product 2 times and all 3 units have arrived damaged. We give up; we are just keeoing the one we have found least amount of dings on. All it would take is 2 extra pieces of styrofoam on top and bottom of product so that the frame is not compromised when in shipping transit. I even called Amazon before ordering the last replacement and asked them to please have extra care on shipping this last unit. After being on the phone for 20 minutes, I was promised that the operator had spoken to the shipper and shipping company so that we would receive this last unit in good condition. The result is that this packaging was the worst of all and product arrived with the most damages of all 3 units. What a shame!

5.0 out of 5 stars Most Excellent, February 24, 2012
RC (Besirkistan) - See all my reviews
PERFECT - Price, Size, Design, Operation, Installation

(Kitchen)? Mine is in the great room in the dining area. It adds an upscale design element to the room without becoming the focal point.

Fire look is impressive. Heat is great and the heater has a blower. The remote works perfectly. The fireplace makes my home and does not overpower it ; also no hole in the roof! ...got to love this 21st Century.

I am ahead when comparing to gas, gel, or other wall units. This is a great design.

As Archie Bunker might observe: When Oriental products are combined with Spanish American framers in a U.S. home, some planing, modifying and drilling will be required during installation.

I am now actually glad my home was not built with a fireplace because it is better with this product.

3.0 out of 5 stars Works fine, after immediately replacing a bad part, February 10, 2013
It's big and bulky, so you don't exactly want to be installing and reinstalling it much. The finish is nice and the materials are good. The heater isn't all that powerful, but would be helpful in a smaller space. The artificial fireplace lighting is pleasant and not overly tacky. The actual installation isn't too hard if you have the right surfaces behind and adjacent to it (check the manuals online before you order).

The biggest issue was that it came with a defective thermostat, so that the heater went off almost immediately after going on. The manufacturer was prompt in providing the replacement part with instructions, but it required removal from the wall and power, removal of many screws on the back and inside the unit to get to the bad part, and then reassembly. This task would be beyond some people's comfort/capability level, but it was doable and now it works OK. If this was an isolated issue, then you might be OK, but I have only a sample of one with a 100% error rate to project from.

4.0 out of 5 stars Love my wall mounted fireplace :), August 28, 2012
As soon as we recieved our fireplace we had it mounted and sat in the living room just mesmerized :) Love our new fireplace beautiful with lights on and off...just wish it was wider.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 | Next ›