4.0 out of 5 stars Good resource on Navajo, hard to obtain, September 21, 2010
This review is from: Dine Bizaad Binahoo'aah: Rediscovering the Navajo Language (Hardcover)
I don't quite understand why this isn't easily available on Amazon! Right now the price is listed as $400-$800 for one a simple college textbook. So... I got my copy from my university library, and that's what I'm reviewing.

Simply put, I think this is one of the best Navajo textbooks out there. Dine Bizaad: Speak, Read, Write Navajo is the other candidate, but it's more focused on conversation and the grammar isn't quite as clear. This one has beautiful color pictures, detailed verb conjugation charts, and a lot of interesting information on how Navajo culture affects the structure of the language. If you can get a hold of this, it's definitely worth a look!

5.0 out of 5 stars This is a great book!!, February 28, 2012
I like this book a lot. It covers a lot of different areas from the language to the culture of the Navajo. It is easy to understand and easy to read. I like the glossary in the back, it helps you to look up words you might not be familiar with. I am very happy I bought this book, it has been a life saver to go along with my rosetta stone on Navajo. A must have for anyone that is into the Navajo language.

5.0 out of 5 stars Let's learn Navajo language!, February 11, 2012
This is definitely, and by far, one of the best textbooks for Native America's languages. Clear, complete and updated, with many pictures and, above all, long explanations of the Navajo culture. A real pleasure. My only regret is the absence of CD's able to help the non-native speaker, since the Navajo pronunciation is not easy to master.

5.0 out of 5 stars Five Stars, August 29, 2014
Great book.

Dine Bizaad Binahoo'aah: Rediscovering the Navajo Language
Dine Bizaad Binahoo'aah: Rediscovering the Navajo Language by Evangeline Parsons-Yazzie (Hardcover - May 7, 2008)
Used & New from: $90.82