Truck Month Spring Reading 2016 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV with 4k Ultra HD Mother's Day Gifts Amazon Gift Card Offer ctstrph2 ctstrph2 ctstrph2  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Fire, Only $39.99 Kindle Paperwhite AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Spring Arrivals in Outdoor Clothing SnS

Celebrity chefs? While the term sort of rankles me, I have definitely been seduced by the charm of funky Alton Brown, glam Giada, homey Paula Dean, and even drill Sargent Robert Irvine. However, it is Guy Fieri who I have a special soft spot for.
Guy is part chef and part comedian. Triple D has a following. People flock to these places featured on the show in droves. I should know since I am one of the 'Triple ad' groupies. I have gotten sick and bloated from burgers in San Diego and also dined on chicken and dumplings there. Baltimore, for some reason, must be a popular foodie place. I have hit five eateries there with uniform thumbs up on all. Providence and the pea greens and turkey sammy was one big hit. A side trip to Sacramento to visit relatives has convinced me that there is some merit to a place that can turn out roulades and beet sliders. Even my primary home base has uncovered dynamite pizza and funky diners.
This book is the print version of my favorite show. If Guy didn't write the text, whoever did has picked up on the Guy vibe. Filled with anecdotes, recipes, and lots of pictures this is one fun book. I've made a couple of the featured items with good results, but I really bought this for the behind the scenes vibe of the show and Guy's over the top personality.
This book is funny and fun. It also revisits some of my favorite segments.
on September 2, 2013
I was looking for something more comprehensive. My expectations were perhaps too high, but I thought I was getting a book hopefully organized by state and then by town. We are planning a road trip and it was bought for this purpose but is really not the help I thought it would be.
on March 28, 2014
Got this as a gift for my boyfriend for Christmas. He is a cook and loves Guy and all his shows. We have fun watching the shows and he always wants to go to the places spotlighted. I figured this was a good way for him to try the food without having to travel. Some of our "favorites" were not in the book, but a lot of them were so we are happy. Can't wait to indulge!
on May 14, 2013
After eagerly awaiting the release of Guy's new book, I finally received it today..and was not impressed.Though the book looks interesting and a great read, I was very disappointed in the selection of recipes. It seems like it heavily relies on pork and offers many ways to prepare it. Being one that likes pork about as much as the next guy, I was very disapointed with the book's lack of diversity. I love the show and watch it faithfully, but dont understand why this book features so many pork recipes. If you LOVE pork, this is the book for you. If you like a more diverse menu...I would suggest you select a different book. If this review seems a bit redundant...you get a feeling about how the recipes in the book flow.
on April 15, 2015
disappointed from the culinary point of view.
as a devout watcher of the show, i was hoping to receive a book crock full of recipes from the show. but instead its a recap of the behind the scenes, stories about the restauranteurs, stories about the production crew, history of the establishments, etc.

guy just needs to be clear in what he is selling. of the 300+ page book, approx 90 pages are devoted to recipes. i thought it was a recipe cook book, and it is not. instead this is a production book for the show that includes some recipes.
on July 11, 2013
I was very disappointed in the book. My wife and I were planning a road trip to Florida from Jersey and were hoping to stop in at a few places along the way. Not even one restaurant was featured in the whole distance between New Jersey and Florida, big bummer. Ray Wagner
on July 31, 2013
I expected more restaurant reviews and not so much about the cast and the making of the show. Very limited selections of restaurants and a huge amount of photos of Guy.

My sister and I went on a road trip through the South East and found this book to be useless. Save your money.
on July 13, 2013
This series of books is always interesting to read. It has been a few years since Vol. 2, so I was disappointed that the restaurants visited seem to be from that time period rather than the more recent visits featured on the T.V show. All in all, I think Guy's fans are die-hard and will enjoy this book no matter what.
on August 28, 2013
I'm going on a cross country trip and wanted a DDD book that I could peruse and pick out some cool restaurants to try on my way out west. This book has a lot of that, and at the back it has a LOT of restaurants listed...in alphabetical order. It would make a lot more sense to me to have them listed by state. I guess I will just download a DDD app and use my phone on my trip.
on June 16, 2014
bought this cause I wanted a hard copy of a few of the recipes in this book. Stories were funny just like the show. Love a couple of the recipe's in this edition.