Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dining In
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Songs of Summer The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Format: Hardcover|Change

on February 7, 2009
Very happy I purchased this book. Clear simple recipes. Beautiful photos. Wonderful entertaining ideas. Perfect for the beginning cook or the expert. There should be more books like this one. I love it. The recipe for fish tacos is great!!
on January 29, 2009
HUGE fan of Mr. Garvin's. After purchasing this book, I think I can really cook! LOL! His recipes are simple and will have everyone raving about your food. This book does not disappoint!
on February 9, 2009
This is my first cookbook by G.Garvin and I was impressed. I made a few things and it turned out pretty good. I am even going to invest in his spices that is on his website.
on December 2, 2008
If you're looking for a cookbook with a "real" feel to it then this is the one. Chef G. Garvin is one of my favorites anyway because he has charm, good looks, and he knows his way around in the kitchen ladies!!
Seriously, this book is filled with his love for family, friends, and food and it permeates every page. His instructions are simple and easy to read and follow... just as if he were right there with you. Great book and if you're new to G. Garvin check out his other cookbooks, they're great too!
on June 2, 2009
Reading thru this book is like going on a date with Gerry! He's handsome, picking out for you his favorite music, photos of him seemingly getting dressed-up, his personal wine selections, how to dress-up a plate, and beautiful pictures of the recipes! It is obvious Gerry has put in a lot of effort to make each recipe really special, simple, and easy to make. Who would have thought to mix BBQ sauce with linguine? I love how the ingredients are not complicated (you know where to find it in the grocer), and most recipes are only 3-4 steps.

The only constructive critism I have is that a few recipes are not very filling such as the "Pan-Seared Snapper with Goat Cheese Gnocchi and Saffron Broth." BTW, I LOVE the saffron broth, it is now my favorite thing to do with saffron. My man is 6'4" and 220 lbs, he needs a hearty dinner and the pan-seared snapper just didn't do it. He doesn't know it, but he loves the chapters "All Things Pasta," and "Big Boys' Toys."

Thanks Gerry!
on September 18, 2009
I ordered this book as an anniversary gift for my husband, he has already tried the recipe with scallops..what a great inspiration...it should be titled men can cook too!!! yeah
on May 16, 2014
I have tried several of the recipes in this book and loved every one of them. The recipes in his book is, "super simple" just like he said they would be. Thanks, G. Garvin for giving us these great recipes and for giving us your wonderful book. I also want to thank Amazon for carrying such a great product.
on May 8, 2010
I bought this book to look at the oh so handsome Gerry Garvin, but ended up getting a wonderful cookbook as well. These dishes are easy to prepare and delicious. Nothing complicated - just good food.
on July 6, 2010
Great recipes! Saw this book at a girlfriends home while visiting Dallas last month and couldn't get her to part with it...So, I got my own...Love it, it's among some of the best!
DDD
on January 4, 2014
Easy to fix recipes that are good. It also haa creative dishes if you want to impress guest. I recomend it.