5.0 out of 5 stars Educational Fun!
Customer Video Review     Length:: 0:29 Mins
Hours of high quality educational fun! my children love it. A sample from the lake near our house.
Published on October 13, 2012 by Rocketman

2.0 out of 5 stars Not practical technology for my purposes
I purchased this product along with the Bigc Dino-Lite series MS21W Articulating desktop stand. I wished to use it for identifying insect specimens, which requires looking at very small characteristics of the insect. This product was in no way suitable for this purpose, and only remotely functional at the minimum magnification.

The first aspect of the...
Published 15 months ago by Runningamuck

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Educational Fun!, October 13, 2012
This review is from: Dino-Lite 10x~50x, 220x 0.3MP Digital Microscope (Electronics)
Length:: 0:29 Mins

5.0 out of 5 stars Too Cool !!!, February 14, 2011
I bought this for the kids and we have looked at more stuff than you can imagine. You can zoom way in and show a kid why he needs to wash his hands. Bugs are creepy up close. You can see the fibers in your clothes. Hair looks like tree trunks. It is easy to set up and performs well. We bought a stand but mostly just hold the scope and press it against whatever we want to view. We have now connected the laptop to the tv and seeing tiny things on a giant screen is even cooler than seeing it on a computer.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dino-Lite AM2011, August 24, 2010
Camera takes great pictures and video, yet a little cumbersome since start/stop must be operated through the mouse/keyboard. Mac compatible.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works Great, November 30, 2012
The Dino-Lite works great. I received it a couple days ago and have no complaints. The main reason I bought it was to study my coins. If you buy it you will need a stand to help steady it to look at an object from a little greater distance than just setting the microscope right on top of it. I purchased the Dino-Light MS09B stand for $34. It's not worth the money and it's only good for looking at small objects that can be placed directly next to the stand. OK here is what you do:

1. Buy a cheap office lamp that has a flex stand.
2. Remove the light fixture and extension cord.
3. Attach a 1" 2-hole pipe strap to the end of the light fixture by drilling a hole through the center of the strap and mounting it on the flex stand.
4. Attach the Dino-Lite to the pipe strap with zip ties.

Yes I know it won't look "professional" or there may be other ways to do it, but I went a cheap route. Total cost - under $8 and a little time.

5.0 out of 5 stars GREAT PRODUCT GREAT PRICE!, March 28, 2012
I have owned mine for a few months now and just had to write a review and let people know this is a great little microscope and takes a great picture!! It comes with a good software package also!! On the down side....it has no on off button.....that's important!! All in all a great product to buy!!

2.0 out of 5 stars Not practical technology for my purposes, August 6, 2013

The first aspect of the microscope that made it unsatisfactory for me was the lack of a proper stand. When viewing anything at ~25x magnification or higher (this scope goes up to 220x) the slightest change in position will cause the object to move in or out of focus. The articulating deskstop stand is not precise at all. After being moved into position, it tends to spring back slightly. Proper stands are available; the smaller stand costs $70 but only has 2 inches of clearance between the scope and the stage/table. This is not enough room to maneuver and manipulate an insect specimen mounted on a pin. The larger stand costs $100, which is as much as the scope itself.

Secondly, I found that the picture quality was not clear enough for me to see the detailed characteristics that I needed to. Even when I managed to focus the image as precisely as I could at the lowest magnification, there was still some fuzziness to the image.

Finally, when using magnifications of ~25x or higher, the specimen must be held very close to the lens. At even higher magnification, the specimen must even be inserted into the clear plastic guard that surrounds the lens and LED lights. This simply isn't viable. Larger insect specimens do not fit into this plastic piece, and any delicate specimens (and most of them are delicate) are at risk of being damaged.

In conclusion, I found that this product only worked well at the minimum magnification level and when observing relatively flat surfaces, such as the fibers in a table cloth. Looking at more uneven objects or using higher magnifications resulted in fuzzy images that were not useful to me.

4.0 out of 5 stars very good equipment, August 7, 2012
Im using this equipment at the automotive industrie to check the painted surface of the cars.
Its really good for what I need. It could be better if the light source could be changes (multi angle, and not just direct beam of light). But for the price its OK.
Hard is to know that the same equipment in Brazil cost USD 600.

3.0 out of 5 stars Its okay, March 25, 2013
raw (palm springs) - See all my reviews
I have gone through two of these in the last two years as they break easily. Wasn't that happy with the clarity.

5.0 out of 5 stars This is the coolest microscope/camera, September 5, 2012
This is the coolest microscope and camera. I'm a rock hound and the microscope can see things and shapes way better than I ever thought. And, I can save the image with a mouse click like a camera does. I highly recommend one of these for everyone who likes to see nature up close.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dino-Lite is Dyno-Mite!, August 6, 2012
The Dino Lite AM2011 was very easy to set up and use. It is a cost effective way to inspect anything from coins to cutting tools! Well worth every penny!

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›