Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Recess Monkey Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer WienerDog WienerDog WienerDog  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

64%
36%
Format: Paperback|Change

on March 27, 2015
Kids love it. Read it over and over and over and over. It flows nicely and is fun to read, so I don't get bored with it. It's also nice and easy for pre-readers to memorize and think that they are reading. Fun.
on April 17, 2015
It's difficult to decide which pet is the best, especially when it's a comparison of dinosaur pets. In this story a young boy happened upon a Dino Pets store, and so begins the plot: "I got a dino for a pet, the BIGGEST dino I could get." One can imagine the problems about to arise, so it is not surprising when the boy needs to change his choice of pet. As it turns out, dino pets of any kind have their own set of complications. After trying the fastest, lo-o-ongest , softest, smallest, and scariest dinosaur, it seemed that his pet search would only end in disappointment. But not so! You'll have to read it to see.

Kids enjoy the wonder of dinosaurs and this book both inspires imagination and develops reason. For instance, what would it actually be like if the longest dinosaur was at the playground? Imagining the possibilities and reasoning the probabilities are both at play in this book. Lynn Plourde writes in simple rhyme, great for literary development and memorization. Though there are a few stumbles in the rhythm, the overall idea and flow are fun and upbeat, ideal for animated storytelling that will excite our little readers. Gideon Kendall's illustrations are a real pleasure, with bold colors and humorous expressions throughout that will draw the reader into the story. Get it and get ready for some dramatic storytelling!
on February 5, 2014
I recently came across this book at the library and remembered using it in my classroom when I was a preschool teacher. I had used Dino Pets with one- and two-year-olds during our unit on dinosaurs, and they always enjoyed it. Dino Pets follows a young boy who takes home all different kinds of dinosaurs for pets, but none of them works out. He picks the biggest dino, the smallest, the longest, the scariest, but either they don’t fit in his house, they run away, or they frighten his family. He runs out of dinosaurs to get from the pet shop and is sad, but in the end, all the dinos come back to him because, “No one likes to sleep alone.” This is a cute story about trying to find just the right pet that adds in the clever turn of the pets being dinosaurs. I like that it shows an assortment of dinosaurs that are not often used in other books, and an author’s note at the back tells the name of each dinosaur featured in the book as well as some information about it. Kids may enjoy listening to the rhyme in Dino Pets and seeing the funny scenes when the dinosaurs interact with humans. Kendall’s bright and friendly illustrations really bring the story to life and don’t make the dinosaurs seem scary. I only rated this 4 out of 5 stars because the rhyme beats aren't always even.This is a fun, imaginative, and educational book.
on July 11, 2013
After having checked this book out at the library, I bought this book for my granddaughter, who inherited her love of dinosaurs from her daddy! We have read it over and over again and is one of my favorite children's books ever! The pictures are just beautiful and so detailed.
on August 23, 2012
My almost-two year old loves dinosaurs, and this is his favorite book. There's lots on every page, and he positively vibrates with excitement when we read it. And we read it every night, so I like that it is short!
For each page, he yells "Dino, roar!" and then points out something else - "bike! basketball! doggy!". He did that without any prompting from me - I'm impressed that he finds the book so interesting that he engages with it like that.

My five year old likes it too. It's simple and short enough that he can "read" it to himself. It's a great way for him to recognize common words by sight.
on July 6, 2007
A great book to get kids interested in dinosaurs and for little ones to understand the concept of size. My [...] girl loves dinosaurs so this was the perfect book for her. The illustrations are beautiful with so many details that kids would just love to examine. Perfect for dinosaur lovers of all ages.
on March 6, 2011
We got this book from the library and I think I'm going to have to buy it. My three-year old son absolutely loves this book. He loves the expressions on the people's and the dinosaur's faces. Every time you turn the page - a new dinosaur and how the boy interacts with it. All of the dinosaurs sleeping in the boy's room on the last page is the icing on the cake for my son especially the one in the baseball glove. The illustrations are colorful, story simple and length perfect for 1 of 2 bedtime books.
on May 14, 2013
This book was in very good condition, illustrations were hilarious and story well written. I would recommend this book to hters.
on June 7, 2016
Everything as described. 5-year-old son first loved Dino Pets Go to School, so I bought this as well. Loves it.
on March 21, 2016
Three year old grandson likes it. Nice illustrations. Just wish the story had been a tad longer.