Ships from and sold by Amazon.com. Gift-wrap available.
Diono Radian RXT Convertible Car Seat, Storm
There is a newer version of this item:
- The Diono Radian family of car seats are the only convertible+booster seats with a full steel frame making them one of the safest car seats available today
- Rear facing 5 to 45 pounds. Forward facing 20-80 pounds (up to 57") in 5-point harness. Booster to 120 pounds
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Adjustable headrest with reinforced sidewalls
- Lined with EPS foam and energy-absorbing harness system for added safety
- Folds flat for travel and fits 3 across in mid-sized vehicles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The Only Car Seat You'll Ever Need
Safety Features Protect Your Child from Injury
The RadianRXT's design begins with a full steel frame for a foundation that stands strong while other features disseminate crash forces away from your child. Aluminum reinforced side walls and head support lined with thick, energy absorbing EPS foam provide excellent side impact protection. The SafeStop energy absorbing harness provides extra protection for children 20 to 40 pounds in the forward-facing position. When installed, SafeStop provides bungee-like energy absorption which reduces impact on the child. Additionally, the RadianRXT boasts rear-facing tether capability to reduce seat rotation during an impact. This car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions. The RXT is tested at its maximum forward-facing, rear-facing, and booster weight capacities, and is rated for 10 years of life.
Adaptable Design Accommodates Growing Children, and Growing Families
The RadianRXT can be adapted to your child as they grow, keeping their car rides safe and comfortable for years. It fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 5 to 45 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position weighing from 20 to 80 pounds. The RadianRXT also converts to a booster seat for kids up to 120 pounds. An adjustable, reinforced head support offers 12 height settings to ensure the right fit for your child and provides additional side impact safety. Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit three across in most vehicles. Because it does not have a pedestal the seat sits relatively low, making child boarding easy. It also features a folding design, so storing or transporting the seat is easy. The car seat is FAA approved for use on airplanes. The machine washable cover and cup holder compatibility (up to four, one included) make this car seat even more convenient.
Comfortable Ride for Little Ones
All Radian seats have a deep shell that provides a more comfortable rear-facing ride, as well as a higher rear-facing capacity. This car seat features a plush cloth surface that feels soft against your little one's skin. Expandable sides and a longer seat bottom offer better leg support, and help keep children cozy as well as helping maintain a custom fit throughout their physical development. Two forward-facing recline positions allow the RadianRXT to fit a wide variety of vehicle seats. Body support cushions ensure infants and babies are safe, snug and positioned correctly.
- Fits rear-facing children from 5 - 45 lbs
- Fits forward-facing children from 20 - 80 lbs
- Converts to booster mode for children from 50 - 120 lbs
- Full steel frame
- SafeStop energy absorbing harness system
- Adjustable, reinforced headrest
- NCAP crash tested at twice the force of a standard crash test
- Unique SuperLATCH installation
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- 5 shoulder, 3 buckle positions for a comfortable ride
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles
- FAA certified
- Folds flat for travel and storage
- One cup holder included
- 10 year product life
Full Steel Frame
A full steel frame, aluminum reinforced sides, and energy absorbing EPS foam provide unmatched strength and safety.
12 height positions and aluminum reinforcement offer an additional layer of protection that grows with your child.
Fits 3 Across
Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit 3 across in most mid-size vehicles.
Features a folding design so storing or traveling with the seat is easy.
Diono's unique SuperLATCH system makes installation easy, strong and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
Total Side Impact Protection
Aluminum reinforced sides and headrest are lined with EPS foam to provide total side impact protection for your child.
NCAP Crash Tested
Every Diono car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe crash conditions. An NCAP crash test is twice the force of a standard crash test.
Rear-facing tether capability helps reduce seat rotation during an impact. This unique feature is not found on every car seat and provides an extra layer of protection when your child is rear-facing.
Top Customer Reviews
Why we love these seats (we own two, one for each car):
(1) The Radian is a tank. To my knowledge, it is one of only two seats on the market that is fully steel-framed. The Clek Foonf is the other one, which is unpronounceable, more expensive, and doesn't last as long: your child has to be able to sit upright before using it and it only lasts until the child is 65 pounds. At the rate my child eats, he will be 65 pounds by a year-and-a-half, which would be not long after he started sitting up. Now, with the Radian, although all car seats have to meet government safety standards (quite easy to forget in the guilt/hype advertising of buying baby products), we feel a great sense of peace and security when going on long car trips with it.
(2) The Radian is narrow and therefore still lets you have some of your backseat. When my wife and I were young and naïve (approximately 1 1/2 years ago, while expecting our aforementioned first child), we thought we would have three children, or we at least didn't want to have to re-buy car seats because of that possibility. So, we initially gravitated toward the Radian because it's a super narrow seat and allegedly fits three across the backseat of cars.Read more ›
The car seat is fantastic. The seats have a lot of different features. One that I had not read about prior to purchase was a special strap for use with forward facing children under 40 pounds. It is supposed to prevent the child from being jerked too hard by the seat straps in an accident. This is a nice feature as my youngest son is too tall to rearface, but under 40 pounds.
I would buy these again, but because they go from 5 pounds to 120 as a booster, it looks like we won't ever have to buy another car seat.
My kiddo loved the purple color. That particular color is a micro suede type fabric that is super easy to clean. The wings support her head well when she is sleeping. She can climb in and out of the seat very easily since it is much shorter in rise than her old seat (an Evenflo Symphony). The clips are all great quality and the shoulder pads are nice and soft. She feels less boxed in sitting in this seat. She loves that she can reach things if she drops them next to her seat.
I used this seat for air travel shortly after purchase. I found it fairly simple to deal with. I am a 5'5" woman with a broader frame. I travelled by myself with two kiddos, 2 and 8 years. We did not check anything, we carried all our luggage on. So that fact that this seat can be carried like a backpack was very helpful.
Some tips for air travel with this seat:
Get two (2) carry straps for the seat so you can wear it as a backpack. This makes the weight easier to bare, is better for your back and keeps your hands free.
Have rubber bands handy to roll up extra strap length. The latch straps are very long and can get in the way when trying to install on the plane.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
Love this car seat! Wish I would have bought it sooner!!!! Happy I also bought the foam for the base too.Published 1 day ago by Summer
The main reason to buy this car seat was to be able to use in the airplane. Despite all the informations ("FAA approved") KLM (check-in counter in Nuremberg, Germany)... Read morePublished 2 days ago by Amazon Customer
Diono you are a life saver! We own a BMW 5.28 and Toyota Camry and it fits in both great. We were starting to get frustrated as majority of the car seats we tried had very wide... Read morePublished 3 days ago by Ghamzi
Most excellent seat after the many Britax's I've owned. It is quite heavy though. Don't love the available colors or fabrics but as far as safety with this what you cannot go... Read morePublished 6 days ago by N. MARTINO
I would love to buy another for my younger child but it is a bit too pricey to buy another. Worth the money though! I don't believ there is a better quality seat.Published 7 days ago by Tanisha Allen
This is a HEAVY well made seat. The fabric is nice and is comfortable for my 16 month old. Glad that I will not need another seat for her ever. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Stephen Fedorkowicz
We love these car seats! We bought two, one for my two year old and one for my one year old and we plan to buy a third for our newborn due soon. Read morePublished 8 days ago by Lisa Surtees
My husband hates lugging it from car to car when we have to transfer seats. However if you are not looking to move it from one vehicle to the next it is by far the safest and best... Read morePublished 9 days ago by TG