Save Big On Open-Box & Preowned: Buy "Diono Radian R100 Convertible Car Seat, Stone” from Amazon Warehouse Deals and save 34% off the $279.99 list price. Product is eligible for Amazon's 30-day returns policy and Prime or FREE Shipping. See all Open-Box & Preowned offers from Amazon Warehouse Deals.
Other Sellers on Amazon
+ Free Shipping
+ Free Shipping
Diono Radian R100 Convertible Car Seat, Stone
There is a newer version of this item:
- The Diono Radian family of car seats are the only convertible+booster seats with a full steel frame making them one of the safest car seats available today
- Rear facing 5-to 40 pounds. Forward facing 20-65 pounds (up to 57") in 5 point harness. Booster to 100 pounds.
- Aluminum reinforced sides and energy-absorbing harness system for added safety
- EPS foam for side impact protection
- Folds flat for travel and fits 3 across in a mid-size vehicle
- Comfortable, washable cover
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
Special Offers and Product Promotions
From the Manufacturer
Diono RadianR100 Convertible+Booster Car Seat
Safety Features Protect Your Child from Injury
The RadianR100's design begins with a full steel frame for a foundation that stands strong while other features disseminate crash forces away from your child. Aluminum reinforced side walls are lined with thick, energy absorbing EPS foam and provide excellent side impact protection. The SafeStop energy absorbing harness provides extra protection for children 20 to 40 pounds in the forward-facing position. When installed, SafeStop provides bungee-like energy absorption which reduces impact on the child. Additionally, the RadianR100 boasts rear-facing tether capability to reduce seat rotation during an impact. This car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions. The R100 is tested at its maximum forward-facing, rear-facing, and booster weight capacities, and is rated for 10 years of life.
Adaptable Design Accommodates Growing Children, and Growing Families
The RadianR100 can be adapted to your child as they grow, keeping their car rides safe and comfortable for years. From birth to booster, the RadianR100 fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 5 to 40 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position weighing from 20 to 65 pounds. This model converts to a booster seat for kids up to 100 pounds. Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianR100 can fit three across in most vehicles. Because it does not have a pedestal the seat sits relatively low, making child boarding easy. It also features a folding design so storing or transporting the seat is easy and FAA certification means you can use it on an airplane. A machine washable cover and the ability to add up to 4 cup holders (sold separately) make this car seat even more convenient.
Comfortable Ride for Little Ones
All Radian seats have a deep shell that provides a more comfortable rear-facing ride, as well as a higher rear-facing capacity. The RadianR100 features a soft padded cover that provides extra comfort for your little one. Expandable sides and a longer seat bottom offer better leg support, and help keep children cozy as well as helping maintain a custom fit throughout their physical development. Two forward-facing recline positions allow the RadianR100 to fit a wide variety of vehicle seats. Body support cushions ensure infants and babies are safe, snug and positioned correctly.
- Fits rear-facing children from 5 - 40 lbs
- Fits forward-facing children from 20 - 65 lbs
- Converts to booster mode for children from 50 - 100 lbs
- Full steel frame
- SafeStop energy absorbing harness system
- NCAP crash tested at twice the force of a standard crash test
- Unique SuperLATCH installation
- 5 shoulder, 3 buckle positions for a comfortable ride
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles
- FAA certified
- Folds flat for travel and storage
- Add up to 4 cup holders (sold separately)
- 10 year product life
Full Steel Frame
A full steel frame, aluminum reinforced sides, and energy absorbing EPS foam provide unmatched strength and safety.
Fits 3 Across
Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianR100 can fit 3 across in most mid-size vehicles.
Features a folding design so storing or traveling with the seat is easy. (Carry Straps sold separately)
Diono's unique SuperLATCH system makes installation easy, strong and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
Total Side Impact Protection
Aluminum reinforced sides are lined with EPS foam to provide total side impact protection for your child.
NCAP Crash Tested
Every Diono car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe crash conditions. An NCAP crash test is twice the force of a standard crash test.
Rear-facing tether capability helps reduce seat rotation during an impact. This unique feature is not found on every car seat and provides an extra layer of protection when your child is rear-facing.
Top Customer Reviews
1. It's easy to set up and install. While I did need the instruction manual to figure many of the various parts and how to fully assemble the seat, the instructions were clear and the seat took no longer than 15 minutes for me to get set up in house, then another 15 minutes to get it installed into our cars. I did not include the unpacking time for the car seat from the box - that's just silly.
2. The Superlatch system is brilliant. With the Graco latch system, you have to shove your fingers into the seat in order to feel the latch system bar, then youhave to push down on the clip to install the latch system, and then potentially pinch your fingers because the clip. When you remove the clip, you have to shove your fingers back into the seat, feel around the evil finger pinching clip, squeeze the clip and potentially pinch your fingers again! With the Superlatch, you just shove the candy bar shaped bar onto the latch in the car until you hear a click. To remove, you push a button the top of the Superlatch, then pull out. This is awesome of epic proportions.
3. The Dionos are amazingly slim. You really could fit three of these seats in the backseat of your car. We have a 2009 Honda Odyssey and a 2006 Honda Accord and three of these seats would fit in the back if we really wanted to.Read more ›
The key selling point for both the Diono and the Graco for us was that we can buy one car seat to last our kids all the way to 100 pounds. Otherwise, you end up buying several as they outgrow the different ones. They both work very well for that and have served our kids well from toddlers to little kids to bigger kids.
Admittedly, although we have three car seats to last the kids all the way from birth (for the Diono not the Graco) to 100 pounds, we prefer the classic Graco (or other brand) SnugRide for when they were very, very small because they can sleep in the bassinet, which just clips into the car base that is permanently attached to the car. Very easy to move them into or out of the car without awakening them. However, they grow out of those pretty quickly, then the Diono (or Graco Nautilus) is great because it works when they are reclined or when they can sit up. [Edit: JaneeNoel's comment that that the Diono allows for both forward and rear facing infants whereas the Graco starts at larger, forward facing sizes is absolutely correct. Please see her comment for useful details. Our usage pattern and the general weariness of parenthood with wee ones clouded my memory on the nautilus b/c we always liked using the Snugride for our kids as infants. While the Diono's ability to function for infants is an advantage over the Graco's larger, minimum size requirement, it just doesn't matter to us, only because, in our minds, you can't beat the convenience of a Snugride (or equivalent) for hauling around an infant.]
So ... why did we switch from the Nautilus to the Diono -- size.Read more ›
Most Recent Customer Reviews
I am in love with this car seat! Wish I found it before my child was almost 3! However with 1 on the way, the narrow (but extremely sturdy) frame allows for so much room that our... Read morePublished 3 days ago by CB
These car seats are the best. I have 3 kids that are 4 years old and under. I am able to sit all three across the backseat in my nissian altima. Read morePublished 7 days ago by girlypye
The quality is great, I just find it extremely difficult to tighten the belt, like it resists letting me tighten the belt to a safe level of tightnessPublished 8 days ago by Tyson
We now own two of these seats (purchased from a different retailer who happened to be doing a gift card promotion). Read morePublished 8 days ago by Katherine Smith
I love this car seat. My son is secure in his seat. It is also space friendly. I have a large family. Read morePublished 11 days ago by samantha
My son is happier in this car seat, which we think is likely due to it's relative roominess. I have to say, though, that it's incredibly hard to pull on that strap to tighten the... Read morePublished 13 days ago by Jennifer O. Wang
My younger son was getting big enough where it was time to transition him into a 'big boy' car seat. Read morePublished 14 days ago by Stuart C.