Diono RadianRXT Convertible Car Seat, Plum
There is a newer version of this item:
- The Diono Radian family of car seats are the only convertible+booster seats with a full steel frame making them one of the safest car seats available today
- Rear facing 5 to 45 pounds. Forward facing 20-80 pounds (up to 57") in 5-point harness. Booster to 120 pounds
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- Adjustable headrest with reinforced sidewalls
- Lined with EPS foam and energy-absorbing harness system for added safety
- Folds flat for travel and fits 3 across in mid-sized vehicles
Frequently Bought Together
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
From the Manufacturer
The Only Car Seat You'll Ever Need
Safety Features Protect Your Child from Injury
The RadianRXT's design begins with a full steel frame for a foundation that stands strong while other features disseminate crash forces away from your child. Aluminum reinforced side walls and head support lined with thick, energy absorbing EPS foam provide excellent side impact protection. The SafeStop energy absorbing harness provides extra protection for children 20 to 40 pounds in the forward-facing position. When installed, SafeStop provides bungee-like energy absorption which reduces impact on the child. Additionally, the RadianRXT boasts rear-facing tether capability to reduce seat rotation during an impact. This car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe accident conditions. The RXT is tested at its maximum forward-facing, rear-facing, and booster weight capacities, and is rated for 10 years of life.
Adaptable Design Accommodates Growing Children, and Growing Families
The RadianRXT can be adapted to your child as they grow, keeping their car rides safe and comfortable for years. It fits children in the rear-facing position weighing from 5 to 45 pounds, and children in the forward-facing position weighing from 20 to 80 pounds. The RadianRXT also converts to a booster seat for kids up to 120 pounds. An adjustable, reinforced head support offers 12 height settings to ensure the right fit for your child and provides additional side impact safety. Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit three across in most vehicles. Because it does not have a pedestal the seat sits relatively low, making child boarding easy. It also features a folding design, so storing or transporting the seat is easy. The car seat is FAA approved for use on airplanes. The machine washable cover and cup holder compatibility (up to four, one included) make this car seat even more convenient.
Comfortable Ride for Little Ones
All Radian seats have a deep shell that provides a more comfortable rear-facing ride, as well as a higher rear-facing capacity. This car seat features a plush cloth surface that feels soft against your little one's skin. Expandable sides and a longer seat bottom offer better leg support, and help keep children cozy as well as helping maintain a custom fit throughout their physical development. Two forward-facing recline positions allow the RadianRXT to fit a wide variety of vehicle seats. Body support cushions ensure infants and babies are safe, snug and positioned correctly.
- Fits rear-facing children from 5 - 45 lbs
- Fits forward-facing children from 20 - 80 lbs
- Converts to booster mode for children from 50 - 120 lbs
- Full steel frame
- SafeStop energy absorbing harness system
- Adjustable, reinforced headrest
- NCAP crash tested at twice the force of a standard crash test
- Unique SuperLATCH installation
- Infant body support cushions and memory foam for added comfort
- 5 shoulder, 3 buckle positions for a comfortable ride
- Fits 3 across in most mid-size vehicles
- FAA certified
- Folds flat for travel and storage
- One cup holder included
- 10 year product life
Full Steel Frame
A full steel frame, aluminum reinforced sides, and energy absorbing EPS foam provide unmatched strength and safety.
12 height positions and aluminum reinforcement offer an additional layer of protection that grows with your child.
Fits 3 Across
Thanks to its exceptionally slim profile, the RadianRXT can sit 3 across in most mid-size vehicles.
Features a folding design so storing or traveling with the seat is easy.
Diono's unique SuperLATCH system makes installation easy, strong and secure. An audible click and visual indicator let you know when the connectors are locked.
Total Side Impact Protection
Aluminum reinforced sides and headrest are lined with EPS foam to provide total side impact protection for your child.
NCAP Crash Tested
Every Diono car seat surpasses Federal crash test standards and meets NCAP standards, the industry benchmark for verifying child seat performance in severe crash conditions. An NCAP crash test is twice the force of a standard crash test.
Rear-facing tether capability helps reduce seat rotation during an impact. This unique feature is not found on every car seat and provides an extra layer of protection when your child is rear-facing.
Top Customer Reviews
Why we love these seats (we own two, one for each car):
(1) The Radian is a tank. To my knowledge, it is one of only two seats on the market that is fully steel-framed. The Clek Foonf is the other one, which is unpronounceable, more expensive, and doesn't last as long: your child has to be able to sit upright before using it and it only lasts until the child is 65 pounds. At the rate my child eats, he will be 65 pounds by a year-and-a-half, which would be not long after he started sitting up. Now, with the Radian, although all car seats have to meet government safety standards (quite easy to forget in the guilt/hype advertising of buying baby products), we feel a great sense of peace and security when going on long car trips with it.
(2) The Radian is narrow and therefore still lets you have some of your backseat. When my wife and I were young and naïve (approximately 1 1/2 years ago, while expecting our aforementioned first child), we thought we would have three children, or we at least didn't want to have to re-buy car seats because of that possibility. So, we initially gravitated toward the Radian because it's a super narrow seat and allegedly fits three across the backseat of cars.Read more ›
My kiddo loved the purple color. That particular color is a micro suede type fabric that is super easy to clean. The wings support her head well when she is sleeping. She can climb in and out of the seat very easily since it is much shorter in rise than her old seat (an Evenflo Symphony). The clips are all great quality and the shoulder pads are nice and soft. She feels less boxed in sitting in this seat. She loves that she can reach things if she drops them next to her seat.
I used this seat for air travel shortly after purchase. I found it fairly simple to deal with. I am a 5'5" woman with a broader frame. I travelled by myself with two kiddos, 2 and 8 years. We did not check anything, we carried all our luggage on. So that fact that this seat can be carried like a backpack was very helpful.
Some tips for air travel with this seat:
Get two (2) carry straps for the seat so you can wear it as a backpack. This makes the weight easier to bare, is better for your back and keeps your hands free.
Have rubber bands handy to roll up extra strap length. The latch straps are very long and can get in the way when trying to install on the plane.Read more ›
The car seat is fantastic. The seats have a lot of different features. One that I had not read about prior to purchase was a special strap for use with forward facing children under 40 pounds. It is supposed to prevent the child from being jerked too hard by the seat straps in an accident. This is a nice feature as my youngest son is too tall to rearface, but under 40 pounds.
I would buy these again, but because they go from 5 pounds to 120 as a booster, it looks like we won't ever have to buy another car seat.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
this thing is amazing. I didnt find it hard to install or figure out. It has saved me so much space and headache when I have to take the truck and fit 3 across the back seat (PS... Read morePublished 1 day ago by Amazon Customer
i skipped these when I first bought car seats for 2-kids I bought another brand which I regret cause these are so slim they don't touch my car door panels the other seats pushed... Read morePublished 4 days ago by Person
Great seat. Purchased two more now that the daughter has outgrown her Graco. Wanted to let people know that you can buy replacement covers on the Diono website. Read morePublished 5 days ago by Patrick U
Excellent product. Only drawback is if one has to move it frequently from car to car. It's just too heavy and difficult to move.Published 5 days ago by CDN
Love it. Very sturdy frame and just feels safer than our previous seat.Published 6 days ago by Stephanie J
This car seat is very heavy. I am sure it works great as it seemed very sturdy. I ended up returning and went with Britax it since it was so heavy.Published 6 days ago by Maria
We originally owned the older model of this car seat made by sunshine kids, and after a car accident I needed to replace both my children's car seats. Read morePublished 6 days ago by L'sMom
solid construction and comfortable for the kid make sure you do not move it around. rear facing provides lot of leg room but you need to install the positioning foam to bring it to... Read morePublished 6 days ago by Praveen