Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon St Lucia easycohice_2016 All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Shop Now Sale

on October 1, 2011
I first bought this seven years ago, when it was expensive. It's still expensive, but.....it's worth it. Why? Let me count the ways:
1) It lasts forever
2) It's subtle and elegant, like a Christmas fireplace, like pine cones, like incense or "seasonal" if Christmas isn;t your thing but winter makes you weirdly nostalgic without having to pile silver-painted pine cones in a silver bowl.
3)Your home will smell transcendently PEACEFUL.
4) too many cats? Change that clumping stuff and then BURN THIS. Voila, nobody knows you have cats!

So that's it. When one candle ends, buy another. Oh--when you buy one, put the box came in somewhere that needs a nice scent--your underwear drawer, whatever. And when your candle is gone, clean out the glass it came in and use is to store store tweezers and stuff in your medicine cabinet or whatever--the graphic label is beautiful--way too nice to throw out.
33 comments29 of 30 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 3, 2014
Do you want your home to smell like a wood fire on a chill winter's evening in Santa Fe? A dark, piney den of mystery and dry, hot breezes across the desert night? A sauna in a Finnish forest? Yes. You do.
11 comment19 of 20 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on October 14, 2013
Yeah, that was my first thought until Ii received the Jasmine Candle as a gift last year and I absolutely loved it, I wanted to buy another one until I saw the price! Having wasted $ 40 dollars on a range of sickly sweet and artificial smelling Yankee Candles I decided it was time revisit Diptyque candles and once again they are outstanding. The feu de bois candle is truly the smell of a real wood fire, I can't describe it any other way. It's worth every penny, and if it is anything life the Jasmine candle, it lasts forever. You only need to burn them for 20 mins or so for the perfectly balanced, gentle fragrance to fill the air. No I don't burn it every day, or in the bathroom, $2 IKEA candles are great for that and I probably wouldn't buy more than one or two of these a year, but if you really want to treat yourself to something amazing I would highly recommend these.

So who spends $60 on a Candle? I DO :)
on November 10, 2012
This is my all time favorite candle. It smells exactly like a fireplace and lasts a long time. I've had several of these candles over the years, and my only complaint is that they do not burn evenly (one side melts faster than the other).
on January 20, 2013
I absolutely love this candle. The scent reminds me of the smell of my grandparent's house on christmas when they had their wood-burning fire place going. If you just sniff this candle the scent is very strong and almost overpowering. When I first received it I almost returned based on the initial out-of-the-box scent. However, when you burn the candle I think the scent is more subtle and really diffuses nicely to fill a room. This is certainly a unique scent and may not be for everyone; it is woodsy and very closely replicates the scent of a burning fire but with something a little extra. Perfect for a cold winter evening!
on December 9, 2009
This candle smells just like a real wood fire, and the scent stays strong for years!
on September 28, 2010
We have a gas fireplace and miss the smell of real wood burning. This candle fills that void perfectly with its subtle woody scent that fills the house. We have been using these candles for several years and go through two a winter!
on March 12, 2014
Burning wood... it's a very comforting scent. Also, never gives me a headache or bothers me like other scents.
I will keep buying this candle whenever it runs out.
on November 16, 2012
I read the reviews..knew it was good..didn't know how good. One review pointed out that the fragrance is "strong" but when burns it is just a background (not overpowering) smell. I was going to give to my daughter for Christmas..but afraid she wouldn't like it..I burned it first.
I love it. I am going to have to buy another for my daughter! It is a woodsy, fireplace type smell..but just mild and like another reviewer said "peaceful". I felt bad about spending the money..but I will save up for this!
on June 11, 2015
Delicious smell. They nailed the bonfire smell 100%. But, $60.00!? I'm hesitant to burn it. I had to tell my boyfriend it was only for special occasions and he looked at me like I'm crazy. Because I kind of am for buying a $60.00 candle. But, it is the best smelling candle of its kind so it gets to be the coolest kid at the candle table for getting it right.