4.0 out of 5 stars Great But Not Support International language unicode
have been using LP2844 for 6 years for my internet business, it was the only thermal printer for printing shipping label at the time when i purchased this kind of printer.

Published on May 6, 2012 by Chris W

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star
not worth it
Published 2 months ago by Nagajun

4.0 out of 5 stars Great But Not Support International language unicode, May 6, 2012
Chris W (Mountain View, CA USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: LP 2844 Direct thermal 203 dpi 4 ips 4" Parallel Serial USB Metal Tear Edge 256KB RAM 512KB Flash

It did work great for printing any shipping label for domestic and international address in ENGLISH via different media (USPS, fedex, endicia, stamp.com, ebay...), but it didn't support international code (unicode) when your buyer's address was non-English, so I always have to hand write those spanish, german, russian, swedish characters after print. Zebra still have not updated its firmware on this issue up to now,

5.0 out of 5 stars This thing rocks and the price is the cheapest on the net, April 28, 2012
This thing rocks and the price is the cheapest on the net. Seems well made and is about 300 bucks cheaper than the same printer at stamps.com. Also works on stamps.com software, USPS website, UPS site and Fedex site. Zebra's customer service is great and their firmware and software is available on zebra's site for free. I highly recomend this printer. I bought this printer on amazon market place from a company named Arrowhead Corp. They werevery helpful in my decision process and lightning fast shipping for free! Hope this helps someone out. If you want to email Arrowhead Corp. Try nbl93jb6yz24lfp@marketplace.amazon.com

5.0 out of 5 stars Use THERMAL paper, August 14, 2012
The printer is pricey, but essential for printing barcode labels without having to fuss with ink or ribbons. During setup the printer can automatically detect the length of the labels you have inserted. Use THERMAL paper. Our warehouse has used both thermal and ribbon printers for barcoding our inventory, and I can't tell you how many times someone has complained about a "broken" printer when a paper change to the proper THERMAL paper was all that was required. These models last for a VERY long time. I have some units that are pushing 8 years of continuous daily operation now.

5.0 out of 5 stars BIG UPS SAVINGS, August 17, 2013
With this purchase I no longer pay the weekly ups printer fees-will pay for itself in a year and a half tops

5.0 out of 5 stars Just as described - works perfect - very fast, May 12, 2013
I've only been using mine for a week, but it arrived in good condition and has been working well. The print driver on the CD was easy to install. If you are using this for barcoding or other label types it did come with trial software you can test. You can also set it up to print from MS office. Since my application was primarily barcodes which I was somewhat new to printing, I was thankful for the two trial software programs. I found one to be way more advance than what I needed and the other was perfect so I did end up purchasing a license (NiceLabel Pro). I thought this printer would be slower since it was an older refurbished model. IT PRINTS CRAZY FAST! Which is awesome since I have lots of barcode labels to print.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great Little Printer!, March 30, 2013
Great printer. Works with eBay and Amazon shipping, UPS, USPS. The only bad- Drivers and installation. Maybe it's just me, but the installation was a real pain. No Plug and Play. Also drops the driver sometimes, and I have to re-install. Other than that, GREAT PRINTER!!

5.0 out of 5 stars Wonderful product, September 29, 2012
Jeffrey Skydell "JSkydell" (Fort Lauderdale, Florida USA) - See all my reviews
This is my first thermal printer, but I must say it has thrilled me at how easy it is to use, and how much less work I have as I get shipments ready each day. The machine is a little workhorse, printing out label after label without a glitch.

5.0 out of 5 stars Zebra LP 2844, May 20, 2012
Outstanding!!! Little hard to get working but customer support is great. If you are printing USPS labels this printer is perfect, fast and reliable. We print 200 a day perfectly and did I say FAST!

1.0 out of 5 stars One Star, October 1, 2014
not worth it

5.0 out of 5 stars A Life Saver, December 29, 2013
This sure beats using the ups or usps online system! Hooked it up with ship rush and it was a breeze. Been using about 100 times a month for two years and still going. Purchased the labels for it here on amazon as well. Better price than uline.