From the Back Cover
Engineer Your Way to Excellence
Develop and deliver effective content with the sophisticated technology of Director. By delving into the advanced development strategies presented in this professional resource, you'll be better able to present and demonstrate products and ideas over a broad range of media--including the Internet, CD-ROM, and DVD. Strengthen your e-commerce platform, create unique interactive multimedia applications, and exploit the power of Lingo, the rich object-oriented language native to Director. Written by one of the world's foremost authorities on the subject, Director Shockwave Studio Developer's Guide will help you make the most of this powerful tool.
- Follow hands-on tutorials to build professional applications from the ground up
- Create powerful interfaces to present ideas interactively
- Model in three-dimensional space using vector mathematics and motion physics
- Customize the open source tools on the CD-ROM to streamline your workflow
- Experiment in real time with complex features using the demonstration movies
- Explore the full potential of Sound and Imaging Lingo
- Develop reusable scripts for a range of impressive visual effects
- Discover techniques for optimizing performance and minimizing file size
On the CD-ROM:
- All source code from the book, plus an extensive code library and a selection of useful Xtra extensions
About the Author
James Newton (Great Britain) is a renowned Director expert who has helped Macromedia develop the last few versions of Director. He holds a degree in electrical engineering, and has worked in multimedia since 1991.