Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Stephen Marley Fire TV Stick Sun Care Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro STEM

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jun 5, 2007 11:34:12 AM PDT
K.G. says:
Hello...I tried to watch the movie, but for some reason, the director's commentary stays on the whole length of the movie --when I press PLAY (not the section that has the commentary). I tried the DVD menu and DVD player set-up separately, and there was no way to turn this off. Has anyone else experienced this? Should I just retry another disk?

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 7, 2007 10:32:03 AM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jun 7, 2007 10:32:28 AM PDT
Have you tried to "audio" button on your DVD remote? What you describe has happened to me on other DVDs, and toggling through the audio options corrects it for me.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2007 9:24:06 PM PDT
Sean Fleming says:
Hey - did you ever figure out how to fix that? I'm having the same problem, and it's driving me crazy.

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 14, 2007 9:37:51 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Jul 14, 2007 9:40:06 PM PDT
K.G. says:
Hi Sean,

No, unfortunately I never figured it out. I tried everything (per "Patrick Bowman's advice), by going to the DVD disc and the DVD player settings/audio from my remote. The best way is to return and exchange the DVD, or get a completely new one. The second one I rented from Blockbuster was fine, so I am still confused about what caused the problem. Sorry you had to go through that too. If only the actual company would refund it or exchange it, but I doubt they would. Good luck!

In reply to an earlier post on Jul 16, 2007 11:56:30 AM PDT
I purchased this previously viewed DVD from Hollywood Video and encountered the same problem. I went to the Special Features section and experimented with the four audio options. The top two result in the director's commentary; the third and fourth do not.

I have NEVER experienced this before where director commentary is a default setting. I put a note inside my DVD case for future reference -- in case I loan it to a friend or just forget. It must be a mistake by the distributor; but not one to force you back to the video store.

Enjoy.

Larry

In reply to an earlier post on Jan 5, 2008 9:01:02 PM PST
We experienced the same problem, but choosing the stereo option under set-up removed the director's commentary. Such a strange error, but I'm glad that you were able to find a way around it (and shared it, so we could, too!).
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  5
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jun 5, 2007
Latest post:  Jan 5, 2008

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions