Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Men's Leather Watches Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon $5 Albums All-New Amazon Fire TV Beauty V-Day Valentine's Day Cards Bring a little greenery into your home Amazon Gift Card Offer jstfd6 jstfd6 jstfd6  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Lisa Loeb AMO Shop Now SnS
Customer Discussions > Watchmen [Theatrical Release] forum

Director's Cut or Theatrical - which version is better for those that enjoyed the film but haven't read the novel?

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-6 of 6 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Jul 16, 2009 9:37:35 PM PDT
B. Brubaker says:
Watchmen (Director's Cut) (Two-Disc Special Edition + Amazon Digital Bundle + Digital Copy)

Posted on Jul 16, 2009 11:07:19 PM PDT
Katlyn says:
Oh, the director's cut is definitely better if you haven't read the book. From what I've heard it has more explanation and is more fleshed out so someone without the book's knowledge should hopefully understand it better.

Posted on Jul 21, 2009 7:34:36 AM PDT
L. Magee says:
Good to know as I am waiting for my Director's Cut DVD to be delivered today! I had not been familiar with the graphic books, so this is totally new for me.
I will always pay a little more for most uncut versions, as I like the something "extra". Most of the time those extra moments can make for a much more interesting movie. I rarely venture out to the theaters anymore for that reason alone.

Posted on Jul 29, 2009 4:14:37 AM PDT
John P. Cole says:
The Director's Cut most definitely flowed better, more fleshed out.

Posted on Sep 17, 2009 3:54:04 PM PDT
Chris Baños says:
I haven't read the comic book, when I went to the cinema I liked the film but felt something was missing, maybe some soul. This director's cut made me just love the movie, the characters feel even more human, the 3 hours aren't felt since all the information assembles greatly and is interesting. This cut is definitely an upgrade, if it would have been shown at the cinemas maybe people would have understood more The Watchmen. With this edition, now Watchmen is one of my 10 favorite movies.

Posted on Sep 4, 2012 9:50:16 PM PDT
Johnny Star says:
I like mine Director's Cut version.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  6
Total posts:  6
Initial post:  Jul 16, 2009
Latest post:  Sep 4, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.

Search Customer Discussions