5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cordless Stick Vac EVER
Published on May 30, 2010 by Music City Hs

1.0 out of 5 stars Dirt Devil Battery Quality
I have had two of these 14.4 volt cordless / bagless Dirt Devil Stick vacuums..
The battery will last about 6 months before it starts failing and at about 9 months
Published on December 26, 2009 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Dirt Devil Battery Quality, December 26, 2009
This review is from: Dirt Devil Extreme Power 14.4 Volt Cordless Bagless Stick Vacuum, BD20040RED (Kitchen)
I have had two of these 14.4 volt cordless / bagless Dirt Devil Stick vacuums..
it will only vacuum for about two minutes before the power falls to about 50% of full charge..I charge for 24hrs between daily use...I sent my first machine back to Dirt Devil for replacement after about 10 months of use and they sent me a new machine which has exactly the same poor battery life as the first machine..The machine is also easily plugged up by anything larger / more coarse than dog hair & dirt...Anything larger than
a sunflower seed will plug it up...

1.0 out of 5 stars Worthless, June 2, 2010
kjh123 (United States) - See all my reviews
I'm amazed every time I see a good review for this vacuum. I may have just gotten a bad one, but I highly doubt it. It has NO power or suction at all. I would go over the same piece of dirt over and over again and it couldn't pick it up. It takes forever to charge then it doesn't hold that charge for more than 5 minutes. I only used mine five times before I died completely. I didn't even use it for anything heavy duty. Light dirt on a small tile kitchen; no carpet, not 2000 square feet, etc. I wish I had saved my money for something better. Please do not waste your money.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Cordless Stick Vac EVER, May 30, 2010
We have now gone through 2 of these vacs in 5 years. They are the best. Not only is this vac one of the lowest priced stick vacs on the market today, but it out performs every stick vac except possibly the Hoover Platinum which is $179 at Target. Recently our 2nd one died and I have been searching and searching for a replacement. I have bought 5 other stick vacs, a few with the 2 in 1 dustbuster type and they all stink. They cost more and dont pick up nearly as much as this dirt devil. This one also is very convenient to store and charge as it sits in a little charging module. It just sits in it. You dont have to line up some hook type thing like many of the other vacs. So you just pick it up and to replace just drop it down. So Easy so awesome! I cant find any in any of the stores around me, target, walmart, homedepot, sears... But hurray, you can find it online. We actually just purchased the upgraded model...15.6V and cant wait to get it! Our Black Lab is shedding like mad and we need this vac asap!

5.0 out of 5 stars A great stick vac for daily use, November 14, 2013
i have been wanting a stick vac for sometime now to do a large area dirt-buster type clean-up and this one seemed to fit the bill. I saw it on sale at the local hardware store and decided to drop $60 to pick it up. I had no illusions about this being a full-blown replacement for a traditional plug-in vac. What I wanted was something that i could use to pick up the crumbs, lint and other light detritus that finds it's way onto the floor. This fits the bill. It's actually quite powerful for it's class and It keeps my floor spotless between heavy duty vacuuming. Use it for 5 or so mins a day and a bunch of dust and particles show up in the bag-less canister every time I use it. It is noisy, but I like the satisfying turbo jet-engine sound when I vacuum! Great stick vac for my purposes.

I did try the dirt-buster stuck in a stick vac combo thing from dirt devil and that thing is horribly underpowered. This is ten times better IMHO.

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirt devel 14.4 cordless, December 14, 2013
Works great on bare floors and throw rugs. Been using it daily mainly to test it's recharging power. No complaints there. Plenty of pick up power and easy to clean, works well on pet hair and I like that it stands up by it's self in or out of the charger. Money Well spent . And yes, I would recommend this to a friend or relative.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great & Dependable Vacuum, October 2, 2013
Excellent vacuum and highly recommend this one too! Strong dirt suction either on wood floor or carpet. Holds a charge as promised and just glad I selected the Dirt Devil!

3.0 out of 5 stars Good for bare floor cleaning., February 3, 2011
PROS: good for bare floor cleaning, holds it's charge for a reasonable amount of charge' price
CONS: not a good deep cleaner on carpets, noisey,

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little vac, June 14, 2010
I got this to have in the basement. It is great and does exactly what I wanted it to do. I love it.

3.0 out of 5 stars Ok but..., November 17, 2010
This is a good simple cordless vac, I can replace the battery easily(any 12 volt .900 to 1.5amh will do I haz a 3.5amh 3 ponder on it right now recharge? once a month with weekly use LOL) even make it use Drill batteries but the main trouble with this one and the other models based on this design is the bottleneck where the brush attaches to the to it(and the damn flap trap door gets in the way of derby), its to small needs to be 50-100% bigger my shark with half the size brush on it can take up alot more on the flood where this struggles, if its dust and crumbs this will do fine if its dog food and what not get a broom and dust pan, might try upping the volts to 18 maybe it will make it work a bit better or fry it, MA HAHAHAHAHAAHAHAHA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Works great, January 21, 2011
Joseph R. (Newton, New Jersey United States) - See all my reviews
This is our 2nd one, used the other till everything failed. LOL
You do have to clean not only the basket but the filters and intake tube.
People complaining sound like my wife when intake tube was blocked. Have lots of pet hair
fills intake, I use shop vac to clean filter and intake. Works real fine.