5.0 out of 5 stars Quick pick up of crumbs without dragging out the big vac
Published on January 23, 2011 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS ONE
I am sad to have to return this product, but it just is not very good. It sucks up stuff, just not very well. If I try to suck up hair, the exhaust fan blows so hard it blows the hair and other light objects away before you can suck it up into the vac.
Published on November 11, 2009 by Jon

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS ONE, November 11, 2009
Jon (Los Angeles, CA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dirt Devil Scorpion 6.0V Cordless Bagless Handheld Vacuum, BD10050RED (Kitchen)
A year or two ago, I bought a $10 super cheap PANASONIC from Amazon just because it was so cheap and figured I'd try or toss it. WELL it is on it's last leg (the charge is finally getting too short and I broke the attachment etc...) but it still works better than this new hand vac and is a lot quieter than this dirt devil (I mean A LOT ... so much so that I am mentioning it in my review .... and I don't personally care that much about the sound as a factor).
VERY DISAPPOINTED.

1.0 out of 5 stars DON'T BUY THIS ONE, January 3, 2010
This vacuum sucks. The battery life is way too short. I actually opened mine up to find out why- it has NiCd cells. No one used NiCd anymore (unless they want to be cheap) because their capacity sucks, they suffer memory effects, and they're extremely toxic to the environment. The charge lasts approximately a minute before becoming too weak to suck anything up. Again, don't buy this. Pay the extra money for a vacuum with better batteries.

1.0 out of 5 stars No power, battery life is 3 minutes at most after full charge, February 7, 2010
I am very appalled at the low performance of this vacuum that I bought new for $20 this weekend 2/5/10. I charged it as requested for 12 hours and after that, it lasted a full 3 minutes before dying out! I could not believe it so I charged it again and the same thing happened. I am so disappointed because I really liked the design of the quick flip to get dirt out from my car. How can Dirt Devil sell this item when the battery dies out so fast? I have to return this and buy another brand because the Dirt Devil Detailer (also $20) that I bought for my car because it is tiny is so powerless and can't go in the cracks, and I have to hold down the button for vacuuming which makes for a painful cleaning time for my hands. I am in disbelief at the poor quality. These 2 items have convinced me never to trust Dirt Devil again because now I have to waste time and postage to send back my vacuum.

3.0 out of 5 stars depending on your needs you might want to keep looking, October 10, 2012
Matthew G. Sherwin (last seen screaming at Amazon customer service) - See all my reviews
(TOP 500 REVIEWER)    (HALL OF FAME REVIEWER)    (VINE VOICE)
This hand held vacuum cleaner by Dirt Devil gets into tight corners of my home so that I can clean every square inch of my flooring--not to mention the moldings all the way up to the ceilings (as long as I get on a ladder)! It lets me clean upholstery, too. That's great. Although it's a bit heavier than I expected; this is a minor quibble because it's still light enough for me to be able to maneuver it. The Dirt Devil comes with a battery charger and the easy and quick ability to empty the dirt into the trash or garbage is another plus indeed.

However, there are a few disappointments. First, it takes a long time to charge--hours, in fact; and then the suction began to decrease and lose steam after only 10 minutes! In addition, I specifically bought this to get into tight cracks along the tracks where the windows slide open and shut in my home. The windows have to slide along tracks with narrow ˝ inch deep nooks; and the Dirt Devil simply doesn't do this well. I thought that the suction would be strong enough to pick up dirt particles from the bottom of the nooks and tracks but it doesn't; what I have to do is dislodge the dirt using lightly dampened tissues or a paper towel and then vacuum it up using the Dirt Devil. Another disadvantage is that the exhaust fan is so powerful that it can blow some of the yet-to-be vacuumed up dirt or hair even further all over the place!

I just wish this machine had enough suction to clean the dirt particles from the tracks along which my windows slide open and shut; the nooks are only about ˝ inch deep so that's a disappointment. The exhaust fan could use some reworking; and it takes a while to charge although it works wonders on upholstery, moldings, tight corners of flooring and more.

I recommend the Dirt Devil for relatively light vacuuming jobs. If you want truly powerful suction and better quality construction, continue looking for a better made handheld vacuum cleaner.

5.0 out of 5 stars Quick pick up of crumbs without dragging out the big vac, January 23, 2011
I purchased the first generation Scorpion several years ago and used it on a regular basis. I moved and somehow it didn't make it into the moving boxes, so I bought this one to replace it. It's a powerful hand vac and is light-weight. I used to pick up crumbs that have dropped on the kitchen floor or to do a quick vac in areas that need it. It's great to use on stairs as well.

1.0 out of 5 stars Not worth the money, June 27, 2010
In all fairness, this vacuum works fairly well on smooth surfaces like a tile floor, but it is really substandard for use on carpets. Especially in my car (the reason I bought it), the Dirt Devil Scorpion is barely able to muster up the strength to clean the carpet. Also, the charger is poorly designed and it's always a challenge to re-seat the unit in the charger. As well, the Dirt Devil won't hold a charge unless it's sitting in the charger, so forget keeping it in the car. Other home tools & appliances I own retain their charge for many weeks (until the tool is used), but not this one.

1.0 out of 5 stars never good, July 15, 2010
Would not sit in charger, so had to put book on it to get contact and charge. Did not pick up anything in the car except medium sized rocks. There was noticeable wood splinters, hair, and other paper-like trash that it never picked up and the flip down did not increase the draw. It was hard to empty without dust going everywhere (dust filter is good, but no replacements and made of paper). Returned after one use.

2.0 out of 5 stars Not to handy..., July 26, 2013
Battery life is very short and after using for a few mins, have to charge again. Also suction is not strong at all.

1.0 out of 5 stars Keep your receipt, February 18, 2014
Mine lasted only a little more than a month before it would not hold a charge any longer.
After a month I threw out my receipt and thought I was safe and then no matter how long I charged it,
it would not hold a charge. So, I threw it out.
SAVE YOUR MONEY!

5.0 out of 5 stars works as expected, December 18, 2011
The product works as expected. No problem so far (~2 months), plus I had a similar one from Dirt Devil and it lasted 1 year and a half without problems, then we broke it otherwise it would have continue to work.