2,046 Reviews
 (1,074)

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at other reviews
Published on May 16, 2010 by Holly Evans

2.0 out of 5 stars Does not "suck"
I think my expectations were too high for a $25 vacuum. I should have known it was too good to be true! All those great features with such a small price tag - silly me. This vacuum is SUPER flimsy. It's very lightweight and is not at all what I expected. I was hoping to use this to clean a 650 square foot apartment with hard wood and a couple of area rugs. I was...
Published on November 17, 2009 by K. McKay

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at other reviews, May 16, 2010
This review is from: Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED (Kitchen)
Wow! I'm a little shocked at the bad reviews! I bought this on black friday for $[...] and I LOVE it! I had previously used a swiffer sweep & vac (the battery died and it didn't clean up bigger messes) and then I bought the shark stick vac (one of my kids knocked it over and cracked it). So I purchased this as a third stick vac. I love it. It is very powerful, I don't understand these people saying it doesn't pick up messes. It totally picks up messes big and small!!! We remodeled our kitchen and I used it to vaccumm little sheetrock particles as well as the every day messes my 4, 5 year old kids & 3 year old lab leave behind. I have had some issues finding a new filter at walmart and target but I suspect I will find one easily online. Overall I LOVE this vac. I use it only for my tile areas and yes maybe you do have to empty it semi-often (but I have forgotten about it alot and never had a problem)it works great for cleaning up after my 2 kids and dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little vacuum for small spaces!, November 30, 2010
stefany9579 (Olympia, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I got this vacuum on one of those Black Friday deals, and wasn't expecting much, since it was so cheap, & the box was so light. When I opened it, and it went together like a lego toy, I was skeptical. But it's amazing!! It's never going to be your only vacuum if you have a big house (the wheel base is small, so you'd be doing a lot of walking back & forth), but if you have a little apartment, or want to keep a seperate vacuum upstairs, or in different rooms of your house, this vacuum is perfect for that! It's basically a hand-held vac, that has a detachable stick-handle, vacuum/wheel base, and crevice tool. Unlike the cordless hand-vacs, it doesn't lose power after 30 seconds, because it's electric. The crevice tool works great, and it's as light weight as one of those kids' toy vacuums. Also, when I emptied it (you will have to empty it pretty much every time you use it, but what do you expect?) I was shocked at how much dirt was in it- I'd just vacuumed with my expensive vacuum, the other day. I'm definitely glad I got this. I'd recommend it for apartment or dorm living, multi-level houses, and small offices.

4.0 out of 5 stars This Alone Made My Divorce Worthwhile, February 16, 2012
So she's taking the vacuum cleaner in the divorce? Big whoop. I get the dog. A man's dog. So I needed a man's vacuum cleaner. For the price of a man's $20. I get this thing and try it around the house for a bit and it did man-wonders with the dog hair and kid hair and even some man hair throughout the place. The future ex-wife comes over and spots my new mancuum and says "What were you thinking? This vacuum will not do anything you need it to do; it can't handle the dog hair or anything else here." I swear to Odin that she said that.
I calmy looked her in the non-man eyes and said "I appreciate your critique; however that Lil Devil handled her hair with ease and this house is spotless because of it. Would you like to try it? It's a delightful experience."

Alright, one small victory in five years...AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO MY DIRT DEVIL SD20000RED VERSA POWER ALL-IN-ONE STICK VACUUM CLEANER!

Sorry. Man-Victory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small jobs, November 27, 2009
Kath&Chloe "KC" (Beverly Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
Got this on sale at Target for $10 (Black Friday) and it's a decent little machine. Great for vacuuming my area rug and hardwood floors. I wouldn't expect this machine to clean up a large mess. Very lightweight, easy to maneuver and much quieter than a full size vac. Nice that it also transforms into a hand vac. In one use it picked up a lot of dust and cat hair that wasn't evident. Definitely a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars What you need to know about this product (hopefully), January 19, 2011
Here in my apt. I find that dust accumulates very quickly and attaches to corners as dust balls. I also have a cat, which simply put adds to the problem terribly. I NEEDED a vacuum that was very cheap so that I could solve this without much fuss. I was tired of using a broomstick, which just makes the dust fly all over! So, let me explain what the Dirt Devil Vacuum does. A usual scenario: My floor has one layer of tiny dust particles attached to it and on top, the dust that moves around and collect as dust balls and cat hair with that. The vacuum picks up this moving dust/hair layer. My point being that, you cannot expect to remove the tiny dust attached to the floor, which you'd remove with a mop. You coould kind of do it, but you'd have to move the vacuum slowly over the floor (I don't have the time for that, so it doesn't do it for me). The vacuum works for what I bought it for, quickly remove general dust and cat hair (which it does really well).

- The vacuum is VERY light, which is great for moving it around fast. The little wheels move smoothly, though it is too bad they only move back and forth (...not a big problem, since the vacuum is light you can slide it over the floor left and right just fine).
- The attachment to clean corners, that thin tube you see in the picture, is pretty nice. I like that it has a flat shape all throughout, not round with a circular end. HOWEVER, it should be longer!! It's too small! Sure you can reach window corners like in the picture, but you can't reach behind tight areas. You'd have been able to if the tube was just longer or came with an extension.
- The vacuum is small and comfortable to hold.
- I find that the absorption area at the bottom should be bigger so that I can suck in a larger surface area.

Well yea, nice product. You should get it if you are not looking for something very fancy and just want a quick solution for a problem like mine.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for bare floors, May 22, 2010
Andee "History Lover" (Spring Valley, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I picked up this little guy at Target for $20 for the sole purpose of cleaning my bathroom floors. It's small head easily gets around the toilet and under the vanities. This is NOT a vacuum for rugs, but it works great on bare floors picking up hair, lint, dust, etc. I liked it so much, I just bought another one for my downstairs. I love the hand held feature, combined with it's crevace tool. It is just great for getting at cobwebs behind fixtures. Again, this is not to be confused with a full sized, power brush vacuum for carpeting. But for small jobs on bare floors it is exactly right.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like it!, December 5, 2010
Bought it at Target during black Friday for $9.99, then read that Walmart had it for $8. Boo! That said, it's a great little vacuum, so long as you adjust your expectation accordingly. Know that the actual suction opening does not run the entire span of the base, it's a small hole in the middle. I bought it hoping I can use it for the stairs but I think it'll take too long for it to cover the entire area; however, I must say that it works wonders in the bathroom and kitchen picking up cat litter, hair, and minor debris.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirt Devil Power Stick, November 7, 2009
This little guy works great!!! It has more suction than I had anticipated, and is very quiet. I only use it for bare floors and carpet touch-ups, and it works great! I bought one for myself and was so impressed, I bought another for a friend. Susan S. in Virginia Beach, VA.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect for Small Rooms and Dorms!, January 25, 2011
While it is obvious this very cheap and small vacuum is not the ideal main vacuum of choice for regular vacuum days or actual houses, this is an absolute perfect product for small jobs or, better yet, smaller spaces (especially if you have). It's lightweight and multiple use design and very good suction power all add up to a great deal that work extremely well.

I live in a college dorm and got it on sale (Amazon probably won't let me say much else), and could not have been happier. Given the space I live (I live in a one person room) in, it is perfect and spending any more money on a "proper" vacuum would be an utter waste of money. This is perfect for small bedrooms, smaller areas, dorms, and quick clean up jobs, with multi function to suit many needs and situations.

Performance wise, it works great. I don't have much else to say here. The vacuum sucks up crumbs and other types of debris with ease, so there's nothing else to say here. Sure, the vacuum doesn't actually suck up, ummm, egg yolks, or something, but it will no doubt suck up the majority of typical debris you would expect you would need to vacuum up. Add this to a variety of ways you can vacuum via design and you have quite a good performance product.

As far as the design of the vacuum itself, well, I was very satisfied. First off, the thing is very light, which makes it easy to carry, lift, and transport. It's easy to put together, and you can store it by just removing the head and the handle at the end. This also means that you can use more than one vacuum. You can use a regular vacuum, or you can use it as a hand vacuum as well. The hand vacuum also comes with a small attachment for getting into tight spaces, intended for use with the hand vacuum.

A few things to know before you purchase this vacuum. As you might expect, a vacuum this small is not for an actual house, so don't bother with this vacuum if you want to make it a vacuum you would use in a regular home. Another thing I HIGHLY recommends is to always clean the filter and empty the vacuum after every use. Being small, it takes no time whatsoever and should not detract you from purchasing it, but is a precaution that should be always taken to ensure that the vacuum is not damaged.

Once again, I can't recommend this vacuum enough. For its designed purpose, it works extremely well. Pick it up, it's inexpensive and works wonders for your situations.

*Since it is obvious that ALL products have the potential to stop working, I will update this review if the vacuum stops working. However, the vacuum is still working fine so far. This is just a notification to show that this still works after a health amount of use (I purchased it at the beginning of the school year and have used it a healthy amount of times).

5.0 out of 5 stars Best $20 I Ever Spent, October 23, 2010
Love this little vac. I must admit I was alarmed when I saw the small box Amazon shipped it in. I thought I might have received the wrong order. And upon first glance and assembly, I thought I had wasted money because the product is very compact and looks "plasticky." I didn't think it would be doing much, but I was wrong. It has great suction power and picks up very well. I really like that it pulls apart to become a hand-held dust buster and the crevice tool works great too. The box recommends it for hard floors and rugs. I have tile and carpeting and I use it on both - and it works equally well. My local "big name" retail store wanted $40 for it, but I found it at Amazon for $20 - what a great deal - thanks Amazon!

Rate and Discover Movies