2,947 Reviews
 (1,561)

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at other reviews
Published on May 16, 2010 by Holly Evans

3.0 out of 5 stars A realistic review-Only tried on rug
People are saying this is a terrible vacuum. For the price of 9 dollars on black friday, it surprisingly picks up a good amount of stuff.

Published on November 27, 2010 by Remmy

4.0 out of 5 stars Shocked at other reviews, May 16, 2010
This review is from: Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik Lightweight Corded Bagless Stick Vacuum, SD20000RED (Kitchen)
Wow! I'm a little shocked at the bad reviews! I bought this on black friday for $[...] and I LOVE it! I had previously used a swiffer sweep & vac (the battery died and it didn't clean up bigger messes) and then I bought the shark stick vac (one of my kids knocked it over and cracked it). So I purchased this as a third stick vac. I love it. It is very powerful, I don't understand these people saying it doesn't pick up messes. It totally picks up messes big and small!!! We remodeled our kitchen and I used it to vaccumm little sheetrock particles as well as the every day messes my 4, 5 year old kids & 3 year old lab leave behind. I have had some issues finding a new filter at walmart and target but I suspect I will find one easily online. Overall I LOVE this vac. I use it only for my tile areas and yes maybe you do have to empty it semi-often (but I have forgotten about it alot and never had a problem)it works great for cleaning up after my 2 kids and dog.

5.0 out of 5 stars Great little vacuum for small spaces!, November 30, 2010
stefany9579 (Olympia, WA United States) - See all my reviews
I got this vacuum on one of those Black Friday deals, and wasn't expecting much, since it was so cheap, & the box was so light. When I opened it, and it went together like a lego toy, I was skeptical. But it's amazing!! It's never going to be your only vacuum if you have a big house (the wheel base is small, so you'd be doing a lot of walking back & forth), but if you have a little apartment, or want to keep a seperate vacuum upstairs, or in different rooms of your house, this vacuum is perfect for that! It's basically a hand-held vac, that has a detachable stick-handle, vacuum/wheel base, and crevice tool. Unlike the cordless hand-vacs, it doesn't lose power after 30 seconds, because it's electric. The crevice tool works great, and it's as light weight as one of those kids' toy vacuums. Also, when I emptied it (you will have to empty it pretty much every time you use it, but what do you expect?) I was shocked at how much dirt was in it- I'd just vacuumed with my expensive vacuum, the other day. I'm definitely glad I got this. I'd recommend it for apartment or dorm living, multi-level houses, and small offices.

1,302 of 1,428 people found the following review helpful
4.0 out of 5 stars This Alone Made My Divorce Worthwhile, February 16, 2012
So she's taking the vacuum cleaner in the divorce? Big whoop. I get the dog. A man's dog. So I needed a man's vacuum cleaner. For the price of a man's $20. I get this thing and try it around the house for a bit and it did man-wonders with the dog hair and kid hair and even some man hair throughout the place. The future ex-wife comes over and spots my new mancuum and says "What were you thinking? This vacuum will not do anything you need it to do; it can't handle the dog hair or anything else here." I swear to Odin that she said that.
I calmy looked her in the non-man eyes and said "I appreciate your critique; however that Lil Devil handled her hair with ease and this house is spotless because of it. Would you like to try it? It's a delightful experience."

Alright, one small victory in five years...AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO MY DIRT DEVIL SD20000RED VERSA POWER ALL-IN-ONE STICK VACUUM CLEANER!

Sorry. Man-Victory.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for small jobs, November 27, 2009
Kath&Chloe "KC" (Beverly Hills, CA) - See all my reviews
Got this on sale at Target for $10 (Black Friday) and it's a decent little machine. Great for vacuuming my area rug and hardwood floors. I wouldn't expect this machine to clean up a large mess. Very lightweight, easy to maneuver and much quieter than a full size vac. Nice that it also transforms into a hand vac. In one use it picked up a lot of dust and cat hair that wasn't evident. Definitely a keeper!

5.0 out of 5 stars What you need to know about this product (hopefully), January 19, 2011
Here in my apt. I find that dust accumulates very quickly and attaches to corners as dust balls. I also have a cat, which simply put adds to the problem terribly. I NEEDED a vacuum that was very cheap so that I could solve this without much fuss. I was tired of using a broomstick, which just makes the dust fly all over! So, let me explain what the Dirt Devil Vacuum does. A usual scenario: My floor has one layer of tiny dust particles attached to it and on top, the dust that moves around and collect as dust balls and cat hair with that. The vacuum picks up this moving dust/hair layer. My point being that, you cannot expect to remove the tiny dust attached to the floor, which you'd remove with a mop. You coould kind of do it, but you'd have to move the vacuum slowly over the floor (I don't have the time for that, so it doesn't do it for me). The vacuum works for what I bought it for, quickly remove general dust and cat hair (which it does really well).

- The vacuum is VERY light, which is great for moving it around fast. The little wheels move smoothly, though it is too bad they only move back and forth (...not a big problem, since the vacuum is light you can slide it over the floor left and right just fine).
- The attachment to clean corners, that thin tube you see in the picture, is pretty nice. I like that it has a flat shape all throughout, not round with a circular end. HOWEVER, it should be longer!! It's too small! Sure you can reach window corners like in the picture, but you can't reach behind tight areas. You'd have been able to if the tube was just longer or came with an extension.
- The vacuum is small and comfortable to hold.
- I find that the absorption area at the bottom should be bigger so that I can suck in a larger surface area.

Well yea, nice product. You should get it if you are not looking for something very fancy and just want a quick solution for a problem like mine.

5.0 out of 5 stars Phenomenonal Machine! Cannot recommend enough!, February 22, 2012
I read reviews here for days before I settled on this little stick vac. And, from what I read, I was able to determine that I was able to use this as my only vac in a studio apt. with separate bedroom. I have not been disappointed. In fact, everytime I use it, I want to come and write more and more reviews about how great this machine is! I am, frankly, shocked and stunned.

I use it for carpetless floors and also carpeted bedroom and living room. I also use it on the couch and on my bed. I have two cats in this small space so there is a lot to pick up!

I recently started suffering with allergies for the first time in my life, so I've been vacuuming a lot to try to clean my environment as best I can. I have gone over the carpets twice in one day and each time the cup comes away full of hair, dirt, and unbelievably what must be the former tenants carpet fresh powder. Yes, it really does SUCK that hard. I am telling you, this is amazing!

I have tried many, especially the cheap Eureka, which always lose power after only a couple of years. DD is just as inexpensive but superior in quality. I've been using this power stick for 8 months now and no loss in power in the least. I picked up a penny the other day when I was vacuuming. It picks up cat litter, too.

Anyway, I need to buy a sealed HEPA filter vac now because of the mystery allergies, but I will never buy anything other than a Dust Devil from now on. In fact, I'm foregoing buying an air purifier because I am so confident that Dirt Devil products will get the job done.

If you are tempted to buy, I will be selling my stick at a good price, so look for me in the Used prices. It is still phenomenal and like new.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great Stick Vacuum, December 28, 2009
This is a great Vac. This is my 2nd one, I got this on as a backup. The first one is over a year old and still strong. We use it more then once a day to pickup sand, crumbs and other bits tracked in from my 2 boys. It is way better then sweeping tile and much faster.

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirt Devil Power Stick, November 7, 2009
This little guy works great!!! It has more suction than I had anticipated, and is very quiet. I only use it for bare floors and carpet touch-ups, and it works great! I bought one for myself and was so impressed, I bought another for a friend. Susan S. in Virginia Beach, VA.

3.0 out of 5 stars A realistic review-Only tried on rug, November 27, 2010

I havent cleaned my room for 3 weeks (college), and after buying this I vacuumed my room. It picked up a lot of cat hair, which you cant even see on my floor. I have a medium hair rug, its short, but not the shortest length. Its a light-regular bluish mix color.

As a vacuum I bought for 9 dollars, I consider it a 4 star vac, very much worth putting out that much money. Twenty dollars is even an ok deal, but its not as strong as a real vacuum, so dont expect it to be.

You should expect to go over a spot twice to get anything deeper, the first time over did pick up little pieces of paper, and some lint that was visible on the floor, I went over a second time for a few spots I frequent more just in case. When I went to empty it, there was hair all on the filter, and a good amount of dust and crumbs. I'm not a very dirty person, but I do eat in my room on the floor by my bed.

Now, the reason it only gets four stars, is because its not wide enough to cover a lot of space, so you dont really get that much in one sweep, but its so light you can just go back and forth pretty quickly. Second, is the problem with the dust, everyone who has dust going everywhere needs to go over their carpet with a strong vacuum, because when I looked at mine sure the filter was not thick enough to hold all the dust, a bit got through, and I had to wipe down the vacuum after using it. I had no dust spraying out all over the place, thats probably a whole other problem if you have that happening, =). I wonder if just putting a coffee filter or something in there would help collect more dust.

Summary: 4 stars
+1 star-its small and quiet
+1 star-it works fairly well for its size (cat hair and crumbs)
+1 star-its cheap on black friday (9 dollars)
+1 star-it has another attachment and can be used as a hand vac

-1 star-mouth on attachment is a little small, and its not as deep a clean as our heavy vacuum

(edit)

I lowered it to 3 stars because if you are going to take the time to plug a vacuum in and run it then it should be a nicer one. I ended up buying an old school "sweeper" rolling kinda thing to do quick pick ups, this one started to smell like burning batteries or something.

4.0 out of 5 stars Great for bare floors, May 22, 2010
Andee "History Lover" (Spring Valley, WI United States) - See all my reviews
I picked up this little guy at Target for $20 for the sole purpose of cleaning my bathroom floors. It's small head easily gets around the toilet and under the vanities. This is NOT a vacuum for rugs, but it works great on bare floors picking up hair, lint, dust, etc. I liked it so much, I just bought another one for my downstairs. I love the hand held feature, combined with it's crevace tool. It is just great for getting at cobwebs behind fixtures. Again, this is not to be confused with a full sized, power brush vacuum for carpeting. But for small jobs on bare floors it is exactly right.