Automotive Holiday Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Prime Music Sweepstakes egg_2015 All-New Amazon Fire TV Subscribe & Save Gifts for Her Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Amazon Gift Card Offer cm15 cm15 cm15 $30 Off Amazon Echo $30 Off Fire HD 6 Kindle Cyber Monday Deals Outdoor Deals on DOTD

Package Quantity: 1Size: AChange

1,044 of 1,097 people found the following review helpful
on May 16, 2010
Wow! I'm a little shocked at the bad reviews! I bought this on black friday for $[...] and I LOVE it! I had previously used a swiffer sweep & vac (the battery died and it didn't clean up bigger messes) and then I bought the shark stick vac (one of my kids knocked it over and cracked it). So I purchased this as a third stick vac. I love it. It is very powerful, I don't understand these people saying it doesn't pick up messes. It totally picks up messes big and small!!! We remodeled our kitchen and I used it to vaccumm little sheetrock particles as well as the every day messes my 4, 5 year old kids & 3 year old lab leave behind. I have had some issues finding a new filter at walmart and target but I suspect I will find one easily online. Overall I LOVE this vac. I use it only for my tile areas and yes maybe you do have to empty it semi-often (but I have forgotten about it alot and never had a problem)it works great for cleaning up after my 2 kids and dog.
2222 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2010
I got this vacuum on one of those Black Friday deals, and wasn't expecting much, since it was so cheap, & the box was so light. When I opened it, and it went together like a lego toy, I was skeptical. But it's amazing!! It's never going to be your only vacuum if you have a big house (the wheel base is small, so you'd be doing a lot of walking back & forth), but if you have a little apartment, or want to keep a seperate vacuum upstairs, or in different rooms of your house, this vacuum is perfect for that! It's basically a hand-held vac, that has a detachable stick-handle, vacuum/wheel base, and crevice tool. Unlike the cordless hand-vacs, it doesn't lose power after 30 seconds, because it's electric. The crevice tool works great, and it's as light weight as one of those kids' toy vacuums. Also, when I emptied it (you will have to empty it pretty much every time you use it, but what do you expect?) I was shocked at how much dirt was in it- I'd just vacuumed with my expensive vacuum, the other day. I'm definitely glad I got this. I'd recommend it for apartment or dorm living, multi-level houses, and small offices.
on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
2,350 of 2,533 people found the following review helpful
on February 16, 2012
So she's taking the vacuum cleaner in the divorce? Big whoop. I get the dog. A man's dog. So I needed a man's vacuum cleaner. For the price of a man's $20. I get this thing and try it around the house for a bit and it did man-wonders with the dog hair and kid hair and even some man hair throughout the place. The future ex-wife comes over and spots my new mancuum and says "What were you thinking? This vacuum will not do anything you need it to do; it can't handle the dog hair or anything else here." I swear to Odin that she said that.
I calmy looked her in the non-man eyes and said "I appreciate your critique; however that Lil Devil handled her hair with ease and this house is spotless because of it. Would you like to try it? It's a delightful experience."

Sorry. Man-Victory.
107107 commentsWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
on January 22, 2015
My Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is a God sent!!! I love it and it does a WONDERFUL job!!! I have neck and back problems so I can't use my regular full size vac and sweeping is very painful. I ordered the Dirt Devil simply for my tile floors - yes, I have tile in the entire house! I have used it 3 times and I can't believe what it has picked up; kinda sad to see how dirty my home is. I have an American Bull Dog and I also have all of his hair all over the place. Sweeping is a joke but the Dirt Devil is just what I prayed for!! Guys even if it looks like a "toy" as my son's girlfriend stated, it is a hungry little toy. Please see the picture I just took and wonder no more - IT WORKS!!!! Sorry it's kinda gross but it is proof. It sucked up dog hair and incense ashes like crazy!!! Love, love, love, did I say LOVE! I feel useful again. **Please note, it has a little spark while it's working, don't know what it means but, it only smells for 30 seconds and it keeps working just fine. I hope it doesn't die on me. Regardless, I will order another one if it were to die.
11 commentWas this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2011
Here in my apt. I find that dust accumulates very quickly and attaches to corners as dust balls. I also have a cat, which simply put adds to the problem terribly. I NEEDED a vacuum that was very cheap so that I could solve this without much fuss. I was tired of using a broomstick, which just makes the dust fly all over! So, let me explain what the Dirt Devil Vacuum does. A usual scenario: My floor has one layer of tiny dust particles attached to it and on top, the dust that moves around and collect as dust balls and cat hair with that. The vacuum picks up this moving dust/hair layer. My point being that, you cannot expect to remove the tiny dust attached to the floor, which you'd remove with a mop. You coould kind of do it, but you'd have to move the vacuum slowly over the floor (I don't have the time for that, so it doesn't do it for me). The vacuum works for what I bought it for, quickly remove general dust and cat hair (which it does really well).

- The vacuum is VERY light, which is great for moving it around fast. The little wheels move smoothly, though it is too bad they only move back and forth (...not a big problem, since the vacuum is light you can slide it over the floor left and right just fine).
- The attachment to clean corners, that thin tube you see in the picture, is pretty nice. I like that it has a flat shape all throughout, not round with a circular end. HOWEVER, it should be longer!! It's too small! Sure you can reach window corners like in the picture, but you can't reach behind tight areas. You'd have been able to if the tube was just longer or came with an extension.
- The vacuum is small and comfortable to hold.
- I find that the absorption area at the bottom should be bigger so that I can suck in a larger surface area.

Well yea, nice product. You should get it if you are not looking for something very fancy and just want a quick solution for a problem like mine.
on January 23, 2015
on November 27, 2009
Got this on sale at Target for $10 (Black Friday) and it's a decent little machine. Great for vacuuming my area rug and hardwood floors. I wouldn't expect this machine to clean up a large mess. Very lightweight, easy to maneuver and much quieter than a full size vac. Nice that it also transforms into a hand vac. In one use it picked up a lot of dust and cat hair that wasn't evident. Definitely a keeper!
on July 22, 2011
I'm a college student, so this is pretty much the most useful thing I've ever bought for myself. For a tiny little vacuum you can hide under a regular bed, this thing is both versatile and efficient, not to mention easy to put together (takes ten seconds). I'll be vacuuming the room as a whole when I hit a corner full of hair and other things I don't want to touch. "OH NO," I'll say, "THIS IS IMPOSSIBLE TO REACH WITH A REGULAR VACUUM!" Oh wait. You can detach the middle part of the vacuum AND IT BECOMES A HAND VACUUM. They don't waste your time with a bunch of superfluous parts--there are exactly four, and you'll probably use them all. (Three make up the regular vacuum, and the other attaches to the hand vac as a little suction tool.)

Like other people have said about this vacuum, you can't depend on it to do stuff like suck up a wasp when it's flying around. Don't try. You'll probably just make a wasp enemy. BUT, this is a great little vacuum for the price, and I would probably even pay $10 more if they changed the price. Buy it go go go.