Winter Driving Best Books of the Month Valentine's Day Shop Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon King Bose SoundLink AE All-New Amazon Fire TV Valentine's Day Cards Amazon Gift Card Offer chiraq chiraq chiraq  Amazon Echo All-New Fire Kindle Paperwhite Prime Exclusive Savings in Video Games Shop Now SnS

Package Quantity: 1Size: 7 x 9 x 40 inchesChange

on January 9, 2015
The Simpli-Stik is pretty much what I paid for--a no-frills, super light-weight vacuum that can pick up glitter off of a carpeted floor. I live in a 900-square-foot little house with wood floors in every room except the living room, so I didn't want to buy an expensive vacuum that I would rarely use. I take care of the wood with a Swiffer easily enough, and the Simpli-Stik is similar in weight and maneuverability.

The suction is so-so, but good enough for hair and loose glitter and such. It can pick up some larger objects, if they're light. It would not be strong enough to pick up anything viscous or anything stuck to a hard surface. It's supposed to be a 3-in-1, but really I think its best setup is with the long blade attachment, then as a rolling vacuum, then as a dust-buster
review image
11 comment174 of 176 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on May 16, 2010
Wow! I'm a little shocked at the bad reviews! I bought this on black friday for $[...] and I LOVE it! I had previously used a swiffer sweep & vac (the battery died and it didn't clean up bigger messes) and then I bought the shark stick vac (one of my kids knocked it over and cracked it). So I purchased this as a third stick vac. I love it. It is very powerful, I don't understand these people saying it doesn't pick up messes. It totally picks up messes big and small!!! We remodeled our kitchen and I used it to vaccumm little sheetrock particles as well as the every day messes my 4, 5 year old kids & 3 year old lab leave behind. I have had some issues finding a new filter at walmart and target but I suspect I will find one easily online. Overall I LOVE this vac. I use it only for my tile areas and yes maybe you do have to empty it semi-often (but I have forgotten about it alot and never had a problem)it works great for cleaning up after my 2 kids and dog.
2222 comments1,098 of 1,155 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 30, 2010
I got this vacuum on one of those Black Friday deals, and wasn't expecting much, since it was so cheap, & the box was so light. When I opened it, and it went together like a lego toy, I was skeptical. But it's amazing!! It's never going to be your only vacuum if you have a big house (the wheel base is small, so you'd be doing a lot of walking back & forth), but if you have a little apartment, or want to keep a seperate vacuum upstairs, or in different rooms of your house, this vacuum is perfect for that! It's basically a hand-held vac, that has a detachable stick-handle, vacuum/wheel base, and crevice tool. Unlike the cordless hand-vacs, it doesn't lose power after 30 seconds, because it's electric. The crevice tool works great, and it's as light weight as one of those kids' toy vacuums. Also, when I emptied it (you will have to empty it pretty much every time you use it, but what do you expect?) I was shocked at how much dirt was in it- I'd just vacuumed with my expensive vacuum, the other day. I'm definitely glad I got this. I'd recommend it for apartment or dorm living, multi-level houses, and small offices.
11 comment853 of 901 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on March 10, 2015
This was probably the most awesome Christmas gift I could have ever given my 4 year old. She wanted a vacuum like mommy's. I looked at all of the toy vacuums and some how came across this beauty. The toy vacuums cost more and did less than this little dirt devil. It is the perfect height and weight for her. Instead of pretending to vacuum, she actually is vacuuming. WIN! WIN!
review image
77 comments354 of 374 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 16, 2012
So she's taking the vacuum cleaner in the divorce? Big whoop. I get the dog. A man's dog. So I needed a man's vacuum cleaner. For the price of a man's $20. I get this thing and try it around the house for a bit and it did man-wonders with the dog hair and kid hair and even some man hair throughout the place. The future ex-wife comes over and spots my new mancuum and says "What were you thinking? This vacuum will not do anything you need it to do; it can't handle the dog hair or anything else here." I swear to Odin that she said that.
I calmy looked her in the non-man eyes and said "I appreciate your critique; however that Lil Devil handled her hair with ease and this house is spotless because of it. Would you like to try it? It's a delightful experience."

Alright, one small victory in five years...AND IT'S ALL THANKS TO MY DIRT DEVIL SD20000RED VERSA POWER ALL-IN-ONE STICK VACUUM CLEANER!

Sorry. Man-Victory.
112112 comments2,501 of 2,694 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 19, 2011
Here in my apt. I find that dust accumulates very quickly and attaches to corners as dust balls. I also have a cat, which simply put adds to the problem terribly. I NEEDED a vacuum that was very cheap so that I could solve this without much fuss. I was tired of using a broomstick, which just makes the dust fly all over! So, let me explain what the Dirt Devil Vacuum does. A usual scenario: My floor has one layer of tiny dust particles attached to it and on top, the dust that moves around and collect as dust balls and cat hair with that. The vacuum picks up this moving dust/hair layer. My point being that, you cannot expect to remove the tiny dust attached to the floor, which you'd remove with a mop. You coould kind of do it, but you'd have to move the vacuum slowly over the floor (I don't have the time for that, so it doesn't do it for me). The vacuum works for what I bought it for, quickly remove general dust and cat hair (which it does really well).

- The vacuum is VERY light, which is great for moving it around fast. The little wheels move smoothly, though it is too bad they only move back and forth (...not a big problem, since the vacuum is light you can slide it over the floor left and right just fine).
- The attachment to clean corners, that thin tube you see in the picture, is pretty nice. I like that it has a flat shape all throughout, not round with a circular end. HOWEVER, it should be longer!! It's too small! Sure you can reach window corners like in the picture, but you can't reach behind tight areas. You'd have been able to if the tube was just longer or came with an extension.
- The vacuum is small and comfortable to hold.
- I find that the absorption area at the bottom should be bigger so that I can suck in a larger surface area.

Well yea, nice product. You should get it if you are not looking for something very fancy and just want a quick solution for a problem like mine.
44 comments284 of 319 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 23, 2015
WORKS GREAT, ON LOOSE CARPETS & CAR. HECK OF A DEAL, BUY ONE
review image
0Comment59 of 62 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 22, 2015
My Dirt Devil Simpli-Stik is a God sent!!! I love it and it does a WONDERFUL job!!! I have neck and back problems so I can't use my regular full size vac and sweeping is very painful. I ordered the Dirt Devil simply for my tile floors - yes, I have tile in the entire house! I have used it 3 times and I can't believe what it has picked up; kinda sad to see how dirty my home is. I have an American Bull Dog and I also have all of his hair all over the place. Sweeping is a joke but the Dirt Devil is just what I prayed for!! Guys even if it looks like a "toy" as my son's girlfriend stated, it is a hungry little toy. Please see the picture I just took and wonder no more - IT WORKS!!!! Sorry it's kinda gross but it is proof. It sucked up dog hair and incense ashes like crazy!!! Love, love, love, did I say LOVE! I feel useful again. **Please note, it has a little spark while it's working, don't know what it means but, it only smells for 30 seconds and it keeps working just fine. I hope it doesn't die on me. Regardless, I will order another one if it were to die.
review image
11 comment64 of 69 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2010
People are saying this is a terrible vacuum. For the price of 9 dollars on black friday, it surprisingly picks up a good amount of stuff.

I havent cleaned my room for 3 weeks (college), and after buying this I vacuumed my room. It picked up a lot of cat hair, which you cant even see on my floor. I have a medium hair rug, its short, but not the shortest length. Its a light-regular bluish mix color.

As a vacuum I bought for 9 dollars, I consider it a 4 star vac, very much worth putting out that much money. Twenty dollars is even an ok deal, but its not as strong as a real vacuum, so dont expect it to be.

You should expect to go over a spot twice to get anything deeper, the first time over did pick up little pieces of paper, and some lint that was visible on the floor, I went over a second time for a few spots I frequent more just in case. When I went to empty it, there was hair all on the filter, and a good amount of dust and crumbs. I'm not a very dirty person, but I do eat in my room on the floor by my bed.

Now, the reason it only gets four stars, is because its not wide enough to cover a lot of space, so you dont really get that much in one sweep, but its so light you can just go back and forth pretty quickly. Second, is the problem with the dust, everyone who has dust going everywhere needs to go over their carpet with a strong vacuum, because when I looked at mine sure the filter was not thick enough to hold all the dust, a bit got through, and I had to wipe down the vacuum after using it. I had no dust spraying out all over the place, thats probably a whole other problem if you have that happening, =). I wonder if just putting a coffee filter or something in there would help collect more dust.

Summary: 4 stars
+1 star-its small and quiet
+1 star-it works fairly well for its size (cat hair and crumbs)
+1 star-its cheap on black friday (9 dollars)
+1 star-it has another attachment and can be used as a hand vac

-1 star-mouth on attachment is a little small, and its not as deep a clean as our heavy vacuum

(edit)

I lowered it to 3 stars because if you are going to take the time to plug a vacuum in and run it then it should be a nicer one. I ended up buying an old school "sweeper" rolling kinda thing to do quick pick ups, this one started to smell like burning batteries or something.
0Comment55 of 60 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on November 27, 2009
Got this on sale at Target for $10 (Black Friday) and it's a decent little machine. Great for vacuuming my area rug and hardwood floors. I wouldn't expect this machine to clean up a large mess. Very lightweight, easy to maneuver and much quieter than a full size vac. Nice that it also transforms into a hand vac. In one use it picked up a lot of dust and cat hair that wasn't evident. Definitely a keeper!
44 comments380 of 442 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse