5.0 out of 5 stars Go With The Original!
I just wanted to put in my two cents about the Australian version of "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap". Despite its rather hefty price, it offers some bonuses not available on the U.S. or English versions.
1) The artwork is noticeably different, and almost gives the album an "underground" or "independent" feel.
2) The remastered...
Published on March 14, 2001 by mjmithen

3.0 out of 5 stars Please release the original Aussie albums.
It baffles me why the original Australian LP's aren't the standard. The sequencing is better and the complete 70's aussie albums would mean we wouldn't have to worry about EP's like '74 Jailbreak' and two Box Sets (the only track you'd miss would be the B-side 'Cold Hearted Man' and the two Dave Evens era tracks "Can I Sit Next To You Girl" and "Rockin' In The Parlor")...
Published on January 19, 2010 by paulisdead

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Adam Cassar (Bankstown Boys), July 22, 2006
Adam J. Cassar "A.J.W.C." (Bankstown the arse end of Sydney Australia) - See all my reviews
This is the first acdc album that I ever heard. When I was about 12 years old,Ive had an obsession ever since. Now I am thirt three and still love them. I have just about every album and never seem to get tired of listening to them. This album dirty deeds done dirt cheap is one of the all time clasics. I think the Australian release would be the best option, mainly because it includes Jailbreak and rock in peace.

Check it out.

Adam Cassar of Bankstown (the arse end of Sydney Australia)

5.0 out of 5 stars Raw power, July 4, 2003
By A Customer
Ah yes, the ORIGINAL Dirty Deeds album on CD. Go ahead, pay the extra money just for the original cover art because the American version cd cover art looks soooo dumb. It doesn't get much better than this. Contains the songs Jailbreak and R.I.P. (instead of Love at First Feel and Rocker), along with the rarely heard on radio full length version of the song Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars STILL THE BEST!, October 24, 2005
Just because. Bon Scott is one of the all time greats despite the fact that he was drunk as a skunk. This album is not the same as the australian original release exactly (imports ARE available here at Amazon) but still very good. In fact, this was one of my first kick some ACE records that I ever blew the speakers with. It sounds best on some old beat up vinyl, but since most of you kids don't spin records these days, this disc is a steal at under six bucks!

DIRTY DEEDS...: The title track is one of the bands hardest songs, and has some of the best lyrics too, CRANK IT!

LOVE AT FIRST FEEL: A warm up track. Nice.

BIG BALLS: Sort of a novelty, but it still rips, the hook will have you all singing along! "I've got big balls, he's got big balls, she's got big balls..." It's obvious what we mean. Parties. Big parties.

ROCKER: OH this song is sooooooo good. Very short and very sweet! TEAR YOUR FLIPPIN' ROOF OFF!

PROBLEM CHILD: The same exact song is on LET THERE BE ROCK, but it's better placed here. Of course JAILBREAK could be here, but, don't worry about what I'm saying....ROCK this one!

GONNA BE SOME ROCKIN: opens side two of the album- another warm up.

AINT NO FUN: Great lyrics. The following story IS true and the names have been changed to protect the guilty.

RIDE ON: Probably the only sentimental song ever done by the boys, its very bluesy and one of my faves. One of these days I might change my evil ways.

SQUEALER: HA HA! The best for last! JAMS! The background vocals make this a classic, but the guitars, the lyrics, Bons eccentric style of vocal delivery! WHY ARE YOU STILL READING THIS GO BUY THE F'IN ALBUM!

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Deeds ain't worth Dirt Cheap, March 22, 2004
Goo (Virginia, USA) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Audio CD)
This has gotta be my all-time favorite album created by any band, artist, or singer, ever. And that's saying something.
Dirty Deeds starts off with it's title track. In this song, frontman Bon Scott gives you some reasons as to why you might hire him as your hitman. That's Bon for ya.
First time AC/DC listeners might not warm up to "Love At First Feel" right away, but after two or three times around it will definitely earn a spot on your AC/DC top ten. "Big Balls" is an example of one of Scott's wittiest songs. Whether it's about ballroom dancing or not is for you to decide. "Rocker" can easily become an AC/DC fan's theme. I know it's mine.
"Problem Child" went on to become a staple in AC/DC playlists. Mad guitar riffs and well-fitting lyrics make up this favorite of mine. "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'" is all about what one might experience at an AC/DC show. "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Rouind To Be A Millionaire)" is another classic, though it might take a few tries to like it. "Ride On" is my favorite song of all time. Bon Scott displays his vocals on this mellow piece. "Squealer" has catchy lyrics and will definitely keep you comin' back for more hard rock sounds of AC/DC.
I guarantee that there is not one song any AC/DC fan will not enjoy on this album. It will become a favorite of yours after just one play through of the tracks. If it doesn't, you might as well dust of those old albums and get back into good ole rock 'n roll, 'cause this is what it sounds like.

5.0 out of 5 stars if you wanna ROCK get this album !, July 23, 2001
MrKnowitall (Massachusettes) - See all my reviews
Alright, your browsing the net, looking for the perfect AC/DC album to add to your collection, when suddenly you come across a brightly colored cover picture, and say, "der...pretty colors..." and click purchase. when you recieve the CD in the mail, you rip the cover off the box just to see the "pretty colors", but then something deep inside you is telling you that you should listen to it, not just admire its "beauty". so, you pop it in your stereo and are BLOWN AWAY by the pure power of the first song, which happens to share its name with the disc's title, and you sit in your chair, turn it up and continue to head bang to the high octane beats of "Dirty Deeds Done dirt Cheap". You then fast foward to the song called "Big Balls" out of plain curiosity. into the beginning of the song the lyrics (if you listen closely) will simply split your sides with laughter. And... WAIT! aw, what the HELL am I doing writing a review for AC/DC? If you love Classic Rock, and just a little of the new stuff (cough, its crap, cough cough) THEN BUY THIS ALBUM JUST OUT OF YOUR LOYALTY TO THE BEST DAMN AUSSI BAND TO EVER ROCK THE EARTH!!!
I'm MrKnowitall, and this has been a review for AC/DC's album:"Dirty Deeds Sone Dirt Cheap". I thank you for any attention I have managed to rip from your mind.Good Day to you, surfer!

5.0 out of 5 stars One Of There Best- But Not There Very Best., September 14, 2006
A Kid's Review
This review is from: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Audio CD)
I really enjoyed this album, one of the Greatest Bon Scott albums there were. I really loved this album, but I still think they have ONE better album and that is (of coarse) High Voltoge (U.S. Version, if it was the Australian album then I would go with T.N.T.).

I remember when I was about eight or nine (I am only 11) I used to listen to "Big Balls" all the time and just LOVED it. Well it accidently got deleted off my computer, so finnally I broke down and bought this album. Soon after I got it I listened to songs like "Dirty Deeds Done Dirst Cheap", "Problem Child", Rocker, etc. Now I cant stop listening to it.

I really do think this is one of there best "Early Bon Scott Albums". Dont get me wrong, I really like "The Brian Johnson Years" but I dont think it was there best work with him. Although The VERY POPULAR "Highway To Hell" album (Bon Scotts last album before he died in 1980) was a great album, when I herd this I said to my self "Wow! This Stuff Is Amazing! I should Have Got This Album Sooner!".

Its hard to compare this to there later albums with both Bon Scott And Brian Johnson, becuase I really do think there earlyer stuff was there best.

So If You Want A FANTASTIC AC/DC Album, I sugest this! I hope you like it, I know I did!

5.0 out of 5 stars Concrete shoes.....cyanide....TNT.... DONE DIRT CHEAP, June 14, 2005
This review is from: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Audio CD)
This thing deserves 5 stars just for the title track. Without a doubt one of Bon Scott's best songs ever.

1. Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap: 10/10 Everything about this song is awesome, even the bloodthirsty scream at the end.

2. Love at First Feel: 7/10 Pretty good song, i like the chorus.

3. Big Balls 7/10 WOW. I knew these guys had a sense of humor. Funny stuff.

4. Rocker 8/10 Nice fast paced song.

5. Problem Child 7/10 Solid song, a little long, but still worth a listen.

6. There's Gonna be Some Rockin' 10/10 Excellent blues song, the kind Scott excels at.

7. Ain't no Fun 9/10 Even longer than Problem Child, but so good. Nice.

8. Ride On 10/10 I have to admit, I was skeptical of this song the first time i heard it. But hey, its AC DC nonetheless and its awesome.

9. Squealer 10/10 2nd best song on the album. Killer bassline and i love it when they start chanting "Squee-ler".

4.0 out of 5 stars Dirty, but Far From Cheap., December 11, 2005
This review is from: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Audio CD)
AC/DC's "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" was released in Australia in 1976, but it wasn't issued in America until 1981, following the great success of "Back in Black." Throughout the years, however, it's been one of the band's biggest selling albums. While I don't think it ranks as high as "High Voltage" or "Let There Be Rock," "Dirty Deeds" is certainly a fine Bon Scott record with a few great moments. The near-flawless opening title track is thunderously good, with a catchy chorus and mean riffs from Angus Young. Killer cuts also include the classics "Problem Child" and the playfully juvenile "Big Balls," as well as the blues-driven "Ride On." There is only one wince-inducing moment, "Love at First Feel," in which Bon's lust for an underage girl repelled this reviewer, but otherwise, "Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" is a good album that sounds dirty, but far from cheap.

5.0 out of 5 stars Kill 'em For Cab Fare, June 3, 2009
This review is from: Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap (Audio CD)
"Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap" is one of the best titles ever for a rock record & AC/DC deliver with their second American release. The 2003 reissues were fantastic, especially for Bon Scott fans. They're tons of photos and liner notes documenting this time-period in AC/DC's history.

The title track, "Ain't No Fun (Waiting Round To Be A Millionaire)" & "Ride On" are excellent AC/DC tracks with vintage Bon Scott wordplay. I coulda done without "Big Balls," but why split hairs. They're one of the greatest rock bands ever & Bon Scott blows Brian Johnson outta the water. Another great cd by a great bar-band turned world-beaters.

5.0 out of 5 stars There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'!!!, November 29, 2004
David Girod (Westminster, Maryland) - See all my reviews
(VINE VOICE)    (TOP 1000 REVIEWER)
"Back in Black", "For Those About to Rock" and "Highway to Hell" seem to get the most ink whenever any writes about, or talks about AC/DC, but I think "Dirty Deeds" is one of AC/DC's best albums. Sure you get the classic title track that is still played in concert today, but you also get "Ride On" which is just a great blusey ballad, about the only ballad I can think of that AC/DC has recorded. "Squealer" is just a great rock tune, and the pulsing bass-line that runs through the song will keep your foot tapping. Just try not chuckling at "Big Balls", and try not playing air guitar to "Problem Child" or "There's Gonna Be Some Rockin'". There isn't a weak track on the album, every tune is solid Bon Scott is in top form, and Angus Young's guitar work is top notch. Just one listen to this cd will show you why AC/DC has been around for over 3 decades.

‹ Previous | 1 2 323 | Next ›

Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap
Dirty Deeds Done Dirt Cheap by AC/DC (Audio CD - 2003)