Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Dirty Italian: Everyday Slang from "What's Up?" to "F*%# Off!" (Dirty Everyday Slang)
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it $5 Albums Explore Premium Audio Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis UniOrlando Segway miniPro

on November 15, 2007
Ms. Euvino has obviously done copious research on the subject of modern Italian slang. This is a tiny book packed with information. It is funny and entertaining with many historical references and amusing illustrations: a must have for anyone seriously interested in learning Italian!
on November 30, 2007
Having tried to learn Italian for years using one sanitized text or another, I found this book with some sizzle. It's fun to get out of the language lab and understand what they actually said on the 'Godfather'. Now I have the chance to understand the insult coming my way the next time in Italy and, maybe, have a reply. The book is a lot of fun.
on February 9, 2008
It's an excellent book to learn all the slangs and bad words in Italian. It's easy reading and enjoyable. Not too difficult to remember the words. The author has done a great job trying to capture the student's interest and enthusiasm. Even the native Italians can benefit from it, because some of the words and expressions are quite new to them, particularly to the old generation. For some reason we tend to remember the slangs and cuss words better than ordinary and literally work. I cannot wait to jump to the next chapter and pick my curiosiy at the next topic. I highly recommend it...
on November 21, 2007
I am bilingual, Spanish-English, and now working on Italian> I am also a graduate of the State Department language school. I have found, through practical experience, that the most effective and natural method of learning any language is from the Street upwards. "Dirty Italian" does the job and then some; and it's fun. It should be required reading for ALL Italian language courses
Mike Levine
OK first off unless your a total prude, you will find Dirty Italian very funny. While its not comprehensive (because of so many regional variations) it is filled with much good information on Italian cursing and slang. Now, Why do I say needed, Because if your in Italy and you have learned Italian, by the book, without knowing this, you will not know what is said a lot of the time. So This is a valuable resource, and you may need to use some of these phrases if the situation presents itself. Heck you might think a beautiful women is asking you if you want to eat a fig, when she is asking you something entirely different.
on December 25, 2009
I've always been a big fan of the "Dirty" series in general, and this is actually the fourth I have purchased and have yet to be disappointed. The series is great for the bored folk who just want to jazz up their obscenities as well as those of us who plan to make more native and legitimate use of the new phrases. I highly reccomend this series for which ever language you need it in!
on February 6, 2008
There are a lot of useful and colorful expressions listed. They are grouped into meaningful sections. This is a good book to add to your library.
on June 11, 2013
What's the first question someone asks when learning a new language? "What are some swear words and fun phrases?" Well, this is the book to answer those (and more!) questions! When Italian class is sparse (3 or fewer students show up) or the group is just "done" with all the learning, we pull this little gem out and it adds a bit of life to the party. Definitely adult-themed....
on April 15, 2009
It is a very usefull book and it is so dirty that I have to wash my hands each time after reading a chapter from the book.
I only hope that my practical usage of the material learned in this book will not earn me a black eye or two there in Italy!
on June 29, 2012
Good book at a good price. Unfortunately this kind of language is a part of every culture and when learning any language it is hard to find a source for it. I recommend this book for anyone who is studying Italian.