Industrial Deals Books Gift Guide Books Gift Guide Shop Men's Athletic Shoes Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Indie for the Holidays egg_2015 Fire TV Stick Beauty Gifts Gifts Under $50 Amazon Gift Card Offer minions minions minions  Amazon Echo Starting at $84.99 Kindle Black Friday Deals TheGoodDinosaur Outdoor Deals on HTL

Format: PaperbackChange

on August 3, 2009
"Dirty Sally" is truly interesting in that it provokes thoughts of not only of the negativity towards biracial individuals, but how to a degree, non-biracial individuals can be impacted as well. I would encourage anyone to read this book. The opening of "Dirty Sally" was awesome and truly moving. Although I am not biracial, I could also relate to the "Don't Put Me Inside That Box!!!" segment - it was just deep and moving!

I believe "Dirty Sally" is a great read for all individuals irregardless as to background and ethnicity. I believe those who are bilingual or multilingual that immediately assume another person's identity by their appearance and then assumes the person should speak their language, albeit without malice intention or bad will, should be held accountable as well as those who deliberately cause offenses. For example, as a non-biracial individual, if a person who approaches someone in my presence with the assumption that this person speaks their language, and knows that I do not, causes at least two offenses: (1) by assuming that they immediately know the subject's nationality without having taken the time to become familiar with them; and (2) by creating a "wall of divide" and isolation through the vehicle of language. I believe healthy discussions can be derived from "Dirty Sally" on the issues that face biracial children and adults.

"Dirty Sally" is an easy read that kept my attention; it also encourages me to seek the scriptures that were used to reinforce the different scenarios. I bought two: one for me and one for a loved one who I believe will truly enjoy it as well. Peace and Blessings to You Always, Myrtice - this was great! I believe your sharing your experiences as a child will benefit many.
on February 13, 2008
This timely, tolerance-teaching children's book is ideal for use in Christian Sunday school classes. Nevertheless, it's also a cautionary tale for mixed-relationship couples who believe that "love conquers all." Because despite universal admiration of the beauty, brains and talents of Halle, Barrack and Tiger, children may still suffer peer exclusion and displacement. A well-presented story that doesn't get "preachy."
on November 9, 2009
Dirty Sally is a great read and teaches people so much about the start of how this name was created back in slavery. This book actually is really great at breaking gender barriers and explains how this statment has changed over the generations. This is recommended for all ages and especially gives and understanding of the struggles oppression and survival. Kerry Cochran Numinous Publishing
on January 27, 2008
Dirty Sally is a great read. The author is a great writer who weaves her way to the story line(which is a great thing). The book keeps your attention and give you plenty of detail which make you keep reading. Kudos to you on such a great first book. Believe me "DIRTY SALLY" is worth reading.
on January 11, 2008
I just received my copy today and I fell in love with this book it touched me in ways I just can't describe. Children of mixed backrounds can't be placed into one category. This books helps you make better choices on how to approach people who are different from yourself.