5.0 out of 5 stars Passionate and Timely
Published on March 28, 2012 by Amazon Customer

1.0 out of 5 stars Same old LIbERal Drivel Snivel about how poor Hillary gets a bad rap
Same old LIbERal Drivel Snivel about how poor Hillary gets a bad rap. Thanx Anita for wasting my time.
I just swore off Jerry Doyle's show also, just for having you on it, suckering me into buying this book.
Published 5 days ago by B.A.R. Vegas

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›

5.0 out of 5 stars Passionate and Timely, March 28, 2012
This review is from: Dirty Words On Clean Skin: Sexism and Sabotage, a Hillary Supporter's Rude Awakening (Paperback)
Anita Finlay got hopping mad during the long, brutal 2008 Presidential campaign. A passionate supporter of Hilary Clinton, she watched as her candidate was subjected to the tired and entrenched misogyny which she feels still stalks American women. Drawing on her own childhood and life experience, Finlay strikes a furious and informed blow for the true political and social emancipation of modern American women. Finlay has done her homework here, and whether or not you agree with all of her positions, no matter what your political bent, she'll get you to reevaluate the state of political discourse in our nation. Highly recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars "Dirty Words On Clean Skin" A Must Read, March 27, 2012
Ms. Finlay's book resonated with me on so many levels, especially the awakening to the rampant sexism and misogyny in the 2008 campaign. Once those two were out in the open, it was as if a sleeping giant had been awakened. Sadly, sexism and misogyny are still very much in the fore, especially in the political realm. Thank heavens Ms. Finlay chronicled this period in our history lest it be lost. This book is a must-read. The Rev. Amy J. Samonds

5.0 out of 5 stars This "VOICE" has something to TALK about..., March 28, 2012
K. J. Marcus (Los Angeles, CA USA) - See all my reviews
For those who are addicted to the reality show, "THE VOICE", please be sure to Sit Up and Listen Closely. Even though this appears to be her 1st book, Anita Finlay offers a well-documented, eye-opening perspective about powerful women and how they are viewed by men (not too favorably), and most surprisingly, by other women. Whether you follow politics or not (and I don't at all) is not the point-- her expose about the 2008 Election and her journey finding her own "VOICE" as a modern woman is worth listening to and is honestly riveting. I couldn't put it down!

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read, March 27, 2012
"A monumental book, an important memoir and a critical exposé. In DWOCS a brilliant, revelatory voice is revealed, one that takes a personal narrative and pins it on the backdrop of a devastating, and under examined, time in our history.

"With remarkable detail and poignant insight, Ms. Finlay shares a perspective that Red State or Blue State, male or female, all will enjoy. Worthwhile and page turning, a first time author not to be missed!"

5.0 out of 5 stars Dirty Words On Clean Skin, insightfully uncovers Hillary Clinton's tremendous staying power..., March 27, 2012
Dirty Words On Clean Skin brilliantly uncovers the dark side of our "beloved" patriarchal democratic system. Pro America through strength and conviction, Anita Finlay sheds light on our country's internal war with feminism and its long hold on our "glass ceiling." Despite the destructive mass media bias, Anita's research, effort and awareness has given us a tool to discern the truth about our current political process.

Dirty Words On Clean Skin reaches into the heart of America and reveals the upheavals and crisis women face in our current backward thinking political process. Anita's responsive, investigative action into the injustices of our country's media bias has awakened us that constructive change is needed and within our grasp.

5.0 out of 5 stars Never a Truer Word Spoken, April 15, 2012
Thank you Anita Finlay for writing this book!!!! Our media has underreported (and that's putting it kindly) the fact that 3.4 million diehard lifelong Democrats left the Democratic Party in 2008 over the disgusting sexism emanating from the "party for women." It was such a shocking and unbelievable time and it was swept under the rug. Finlay's book names chapter and verse of this awful saga in real time. Many of us are still as furious as Finlay as to what transpired, and the REAL magic of the Obama campaign was how it broke the bond between so many people and the party that they loved and considered to be "family." It will be a good read for skeptics who still don't understand what happened, and it will be a sad but important reminder to those who experienced the events the way Finlay did. Wherever a person stands on the historic election of 2008, this book gives a more complete picture of what occurred. A must read for all historians, history buffs, Obama supporters, and really anyone who follows politics. Well done Anita Finlay!!!!

5.0 out of 5 stars A book worth reading twice, April 4, 2012
I "rate" a book of this type by how many "highlights" I use to remind and remember certain parts. This book brought back a great many things I felt and saw during the 2008 election. It also brought back memories that all women have in one fashion or another when they are treated as less than equal human beings.

I have only had my copy for 2 days and yet I am almost finished and it is filled with the orange highlights I use for parts I find worth remembering.

I love it and look forward to more books from this author. She has a way of getting inside the issues that women need to discuss even if our experiences aren't the same. Well worth the read.

Love the book.

5.0 out of 5 stars Like a scrapbook I had kept myself, April 18, 2012
I had heard some of the buzz about this book, and I waited patiently for the Kindle version to come out. I ordered it on the first day, and the rest of my day was shot. Once I started reading, I couldn't put it down. As someone who worked at GOTV for the Clinton campaign, I can attest that all of it is sadly true. Finlay's experiences were not exceptional. They were the rule. If women are ever going to get a woman elected to the presidency, we must look at what happened in 2008 with our eyes wide open and our heads clear. This book is a great start.

5.0 out of 5 stars LONG OVERDUE, April 2, 2012
How come the Republican men are given months to establish their candidacy, while Secretary Clinton was only given a few weeks? This current state of affairs only proves what Ms. Finley so candidly scribes -- Sexism is alive and well in America and no where is it more potent than in politics. Ms. Finley's account describes the tidal wave of support that seemed to come from nowhere for President Obama in accurate detail.

If the media didnt make up their minds so early, things might have turned out much differently.

5.0 out of 5 stars A Must Read for Every Woman, Young and Old, March 27, 2012
Wow, what a great book! I had no idea things were still this bad. Dirty Words on Clean Skin has really opened my eyes and made me more conscious as a woman. This book is truly all about the war on women.

‹ Previous | 1 2 3 4 | Next ›