Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Oct 19, 2006 10:47:36 AM PDT
M. W. Blount says:
Is this book dirty...It looks pretty good but if there is a lot of sexual content then I don't want to read it...Can someone tell me were the dirty parts are if any, and what they are? And is there lots f cussing? Thanks....

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 21, 2006 4:06:58 PM PDT
The cover makes this book look like an adult romance but in reality there is no dirty part ever in the whole book. There is one small sexual scene but it is a dream. I reccomend this book highly and do not think this book is "dirty" at all

In reply to an earlier post on Feb 22, 2007 5:13:49 PM PST
Not too much dirtyness, Gemma does dream about hot, steamy make-outs though. So, not a lot of sexual content. As for cussing? Does 'bloody' count?

In reply to an earlier post on Sep 13, 2007 2:36:45 PM PDT
J. luna says:
her dream was pretty hot and heavy...but YA approved

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 15, 2008 5:33:38 PM PST
D.Oury says:
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

Posted on Apr 3, 2009 2:43:45 PM PDT
[Customers don't think this post adds to the discussion. Show post anyway. Show all unhelpful posts.]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 11, 2009 8:57:52 AM PDT
Erinn says:
Well I would hardly call that 'graphic'. This book is barely PG-13 and as it is a YA novel I would think that would be recognized. This series brings up some very real issues that were not only present in the late 1800's but today's society as well.
By the way you said sister-in-law, if she is old enough to be married I think she can handle anything a teen novel can dish out... or did you mean step-sister? I was fourteen when I first read this book three years ago and I had no problems nor was I uncomfortable in any way with any of the topics that were being discussed or described in this book. And in the future I may finish a book before recommending it... just a thought.

I hope this post proves helpful to any. Happy Easter :)

In reply to an earlier post on May 24, 2009 7:48:50 PM PDT
[Deleted by the author on May 24, 2009 7:50:14 PM PDT]

Posted on May 24, 2009 7:49:43 PM PDT
Amy Roy says:
I'm looking at this book for my almost-12-year-old. She's a big reader and it's been hard to find appropriate things for her because she reads a couple of grades above her grade level (as most avid readers do). She read the first two Twilight books, but I asked her to hold off on the 3rd and for sure the 4th, which sat fine with her. She asked me to take a look at this book and while it sounds pretty mild, I find that everyone's "appropriateness meter" is different. I think the only thing to do will be for me to read it myself first. And by the way, a sister-in-law can be your husband's younger sister. I was a sister-in-law at the age of 5!

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2009 12:58:22 AM PST
Marlo says:
hahahhaaha "YA approved".... as if that means anything. some of the dirties books I have read are "ya". sad but true. um hello... gossip girl? pure trash.

but a great and terrible beauty.... not dirty. i agree with that.

In reply to an earlier post on Dec 19, 2009 1:02:31 AM PST
Marlo says:
The Uglies is pretty good... and harmless. The Maximum Ride books are pretty popular as well. I'm reading Great terrible beauty right now it... granted I am only a third of the way into the book, but it seems ok.

Posted on Mar 2, 2010 11:58:31 AM PST
The Book Bug says:
I read it and didn't think it was dirty at all with Marlo... some of the dirtiest books in the world are YA.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 10:25:30 PM PST
hahaahaha "F cussings" that cracked me up. Sorry to change the subject, but is this a chick book? Some chick recommended it to me, and the way she described it, it sounded like a good read. But now that I read the description, it has chick-book written all over it. imma dude. any comments?

In reply to an earlier post on May 5, 2010 8:42:53 PM PDT
FYI: Her sister-in-law most likely means her husband's younger sister (the term isn't predicated upon having a spouse).

Posted on Jul 6, 2010 7:34:20 AM PDT
Lauren says:
Felicity does turn out to be a lesbian, but there are no hot-and-heavy lesbo moments. It's really not that bad. No cussing, and as for the guy, this is SUCH a girl book. haha
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Oct 19, 2006
Latest post:  Jul 6, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 2 customers

Search Customer Discussions