Acer Aspire One AOA150-1447 8.9-Inch Netbook (1.6 GHz Intel Atom N270 Processor, 1 GB RAM, 160 GB Hard Drive, XP Home, 6 Cell Battery) Sapphire Blue
Used & New from: $135.00
Disabling Touchpad Zoom Is there any way to diable the "zoom" feature on the touchpad? I tend to trigger it on accident and don't really need it. Plus, I have a hard time getting it back to normal when it happens. Where on the system can you change this setting? I tried the quickstart button for the touchpad's driver, but it doesn't seem to have that as an option. Any thoughts?
asked by A. M. Manuel on February 10, 2009
Sort: Most Helpful first | Newest first | Oldest first
Showing 1-10 of 46 answers
A
Are you talking about the two finger zoom by spreading your fingers apart on the touchpad to zoom out or pinching them together to zoom back in?

If so, that's a feature in the Mouse Control Panel under the 'Device Settings' tab, called 'Pinch'. It can be disabled by de-selecting the check box in the Pinch settings subheading.

I don't know of any other zoom feature.
Train ©onducto® answered on February 10, 2009
Comment (1) | 38 of 39 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I have been going crazy w/my new netbook and it's touchpad.
It was just zooming in and out all over the place ! I contacted
support and got a few suggestions, which didn't work. I looked
at options under the mouse settings.. However, I didn't come across the "pinch".. when I just took a chance and googled
my problem, I saw the first post was the exact problem I am having, and then saw your response under. I immediately found the pinch option and disabled it. Now I'm hoping to find out if that was the solution... Thank you for the suggestion.
Joseph Mendicino answered on March 7, 2009
Comment | 5 of 6 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I figured it out (I think) - go into the Control Panel, and click 'Mouse" in the 'Hardward in Sound section' - on the Mouse Properties little screen double click the first tab "Dell Touchpad" once the next screen pops up - click on 'Scroling and Zoom Settings' and then disable zoom, and you sounds be all set (don't forget to appy).

Good luck!
Gregory R. Kinchen answered on April 5, 2009
Comment | 3 of 3 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
This is what worked on my Asus K55N. Opened Smart Gesture by clicking on triangle in lower right corner (near battery/power icon). Then double click on tiny square that looks like a touch pad. That opens Asus Smart Gesture. It takes a minute. Zoom is on the right. Uncheck the box! FIXED!!! Thank god. I was going to throw the thing out the front door.
AVB answered on January 27, 2013
Comments (3) | 17 of 17 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Go to your mouse in control panel, and look for the "Synaptics Touchpad Device Settings" tab. Select settings, then Advanced Gestures, then the Pinch submenu. Unclick the Enable Pinch selection.
David Gale answered on April 22, 2010
Comment | 4 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Just a quick note to thank all y'all.

Our new Acer Aspire 5735-4624 laptop was a misery to use, with all the unintentional zooming. Also, importantly, the touchpad "tap" select feature stopped working, requiring us to use an external mouse. Hours on the phone with acer (India) resulted in an "Erase hard drive and ship back to us for repair". I decided to just use the external mouse rather than ship it back, with all the associated headaches. Chalked it up to buying a cheap ($400) laptop.

Well, both problems are fixable in the bowels of the "Synaptics pointing device"; "properties" menus and submenus. Just follow the "control panel" "mouse" "device settings" "properties" path , and keep digging down. "Pinch" (the zoom function) is buried at the bottom of the submenus, as is tap sensitivity.
Fair Comment answered on October 6, 2009
Comment | 3 of 4 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I figured it out (I think) - go into the Control Panel, and click 'Mouse" in the 'Hardward in Sound section' - on the Mouse Properties little screen double click the first tab "Dell Touchpad" once the next screen pops up - click on 'Scroling and Zoom Settings' and then disable zoom, and you sounds be all set (don't forget to appy).

Good luck!
Gregory R. Kinchen answered on April 5, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thanks. All the details:

Acer Netbook DISABLE Mouse Pad PINCH Function

Note: "click" means left mouse button click.

"Click" the following, starting in lower left corner of your screen, depending on your "control panel view".

Note: Use the one that works for you (if your "Control Panel" has "Pick a Category" instead of a list, use the second method)

Either
Start ==> Control Panel ==> (in the list) Mouse ==> Mouse Properties ==> Device Settings TAB

Or
Start ==> Control Panel ==> (if you get "pick a category") Printers and Other Hardware ==> Mouse ==> Mouse Properties ==> Device Settings TAB

Under the frame (little window) that is titled "devices" there is a button called "Settings"

Click that. You get

"Properties for Synaptics Touchpad V7.2 ..."

In the left frame (little window), then, you see, "Overview", "Tapping", ... "Pointer "Motion", etc.

Click the little "+" sign next to "pointer motion"

Select (click on) "Pinch" from the list you get. Then,

Uncheck "Enable Pinch" box.

Click "Apply" then "OK".
jusme answered on July 4, 2010
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
I can't believe it took me so long to find this thread. I have an acer aspire netbook. I loathe it, hate it beause it constantly zooms in and out. I never use. I even almost gave it away even though I just purchased it in April from Amazon. I called Acer, got India, hung up (not going to go there - don't have the patience). I asked on a couple of threads but it was the pinch button. For me, when I see the synaptics keypad icon in the lower right hand side, I just click that, click settings, scroll down to pinch and take off the annoying pinch function (Who would ever want this type of sensitivity on such a small touchpad) and finally, I may be able to use this piece of junk. THANK YOU
RickC answered on December 19, 2009
Comment | 1 of 1 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse

A
Thank you so much. This 'zooming' was so infuriating, I was tempted to hurl my Asus eee against a wall. I am very grateful for your solution and the wonders of the internet where real people are infinitely more helpful than the 3rd rate customer support most computer manufacturers offer.
Jane Bond answered on February 8, 2012
Comment | 2 of 2 found this helpful. Do you?  Yes No | Report abuse
‹ Previous   1   2   3   4   5   Next ›