5.0 out of 5 stars loss of a pet, September 29, 2007
VERY TOUCHING STORY, USEFUL WHEN DEALING WITH CHILDREN WHO HAVE LOST A PET, IN ORDER TO EXPLAIN WHAT HAPPENS TO THE SOUL.

5.0 out of 5 stars Deep, but a child can understand it., August 28, 2012
This review is from: He Disappeared into the Light (Paperback)
I ordered this book for my daughter, 9. She loved the pictures and initially only appeared to "tolerate" my reading it to her. However, we have had it since June now and she has asked for this book at least once a week since then (about 9 weeks). She has used some of what she read in this book and the other books this author wrote in discussions with younger relatives and friends her own age. I am impressed that the author was able to convey what seems to be simple beliefs but have a much deeper level to them when you star to mull the storyline over.

I recommend all four of the children's books that Mary Prinz wrote. These four books will stay in our family library to share with others in our lives as well, eventually maybe my grandkids will read them.

5.0 out of 5 stars Loss of a pet family member, November 2, 2011
This review is from: He Disappeared into the Light (Paperback)
Losing a family pet is hard for everyone in the family, but for children the loss is even harder. This book can help them to understand that the spirit of thier pet lives on. They can read the book themselves and along with the illustration, see a brighter way to look at the loss. Just saying that thier pet went to heaven leaves them hanging with more questions than answers. The book is a real help for this kind of situation.. I highly recommend this book and congratuate the author for this work. Mary Edwards

He Disappeared into the Light
He Disappeared into the Light by Mary Prinz (Paperback - November 15, 2007)
Used & New from: $7.00