5.0 out of 5 stars Danika's magic act turns into a disaster!, February 1, 2010
This review is from: The Case of the Disappearing Dinosaur (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 17) (Paperback)
Synopsis: The story starts off with Jigsaw Jones and his friend Mila sitting on Danika Starling's living room floor. They are watching Danika and Lucy Hiller practice Danika's magic show act for Charlie Maloney's birthday party. Jigsaw is bored and wants to leave.

After watching the act, Jigsaw and Mila leave and start playing baseball, when Joey Pignattano and Ralphie Jordan come running over. Joey pulls out a coin purse which has a lot of money inside. They decide to investigate who the purse belongs to, in order to return it back to them. But it is not easy because word has spread about the purse, and now boys like Bobby Solofsky want to get their hands on the money. It is up to Jigsaw to figure out who is telling the truth and try to solve the mystery of the unidentified purse.

Later, at the birthday party, Danika starts her magic act, and for one of the tricks, she takes one of Charlie's favorite baby-sized dinosaur toys as part of a disappearing act. The problem is, the toy actually disappears and Danika cannot seem to retrieve it. She asks Jigsaw to help her locate the missing dinosaur before Charlie gets really upset. Can Jigsaw find the missing dinosaur?

Review: I really liked reading this book because I felt like I was reading 2 mysteries in 1 book. Both the mysteries were interesting to read, especially the one with the unidentified purse, as it made me guess what could have happened to it. The missing dinosaur case is somewhat predictable, but still fun to read.

I loved reading how the author described Danika's magic tricks and explain how she did them. Since I don't know anything about magic, I thought it was really interesting. The author also added good humor to the book, especially with Larry and Harry's mischief. As always, the illustrations drawn by Jamie Smith were beautiful, and I especially loved the ones towards the end of the book at the birthday party.

Overall, this was a fun Jigsaw Jones mystery book to read and I can't wait to read more.

5.0 out of 5 stars great, January 5, 2010
Received this item on time. I purchased it as a gift so I cannot really say if it was a hit but I would say that it seemed appropriate for the age of the child I bought it for.

5.0 out of 5 stars My little niece loved these books!, November 17, 2014
My little niece loved these books!

The Case of the Disappearing Dinosaur (Jigsaw Jones Mystery, No. 17)
Used & New from: $0.01