Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Cereal Marshmallows 8 Pounds Bulk
Safety Month BOTMKT Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums The best from Bose just got wireless Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks STEM Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

on January 23, 2014
It all started when the bags were emptied on the kitchen table. The mountain of endless marshmallows was so tall you had to stand up to see the person across from you. Everyone in the room thought we had just given our friend the best birthday present he could have asked for. After more than ten minutes the tears still trickled down his face, tracing and re-moistening the nearly dried salt trails along his cheeks. His girlfriend knew better. She and I had discussed the gift a few days before when she vocalized her reservations, "he doesn't moderate well, he won't stop until they're all gone." I was naive, I saw no problems - it's just a bunch of marshmallows, right? I didn't realize the door I'd unlocked for my friend and what demons lurked on the other side.

Everyone was having fun, all of us laughing and shoveling handfuls of the soft, dried sugar lightning bolts and other fun, brightly colored shapes into our smiling faces. Nobody noticed the pile he'd crushed in front of him. When we heard his gigantic snort and saw him sit up in his chair the room erupted with excitement, one guy even laughed so hard he doubled over coughing and nearly puked. We all just assumed he snorted because he was laughing too hard. We were wrong.

In the days after the party he stopped returning my calls and replying to my text messages. His girlfriend saw less of him as time went on. He would show up at her place at odd hours, disheveled and looking as though he hadn't slept for days. More upsetting for her than the smudged rainbow of colors around his lips and nostrils was the trembling of his hands and tracks on his arms. By the time she finally found the words to say, he was gone before she drew the courage to address what he had become. She didn't see or hear from him again until I tracked him down several weeks later. I found him in a house on the wrong side of town with some unsavory characters who had been following him and "the medicine bag" around the sugar scene for the last few weeks. My friend had developed a reputation and become a celebrity of sorts in this circle but only because of what was in the bag we'd given him, the same bag that was destroying him. His new friends only knew him as The Doctor. The first attempt to bring him back didn't end well and I was thrown out of the house onto the porch with my own blood on my freshly torn shirt after showing him a picture of himself (link below). The following week we orchestrated a better planned and successful intervention. He has been rehabbing at a gym across town and shopping at the local farmer's market over the last month to keep himself clean. Despite a few bumps in the road, his recovery is looking promising and we are supporting him as best we can.

Be careful who you give these to.

Below is the condition I found him in at the house and one of the people he'd been hanging out with. I have removed his face to protect his privacy. Talking to your kids early and honestly about responsible marshmallow use is the best prevention for abuse.

i.imgur dot com/6eeGKfQ.jpg
44 comments|171 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on February 24, 2012
The one star review given by someone with the inability to proccess information, opting instead to berate a product based on his own ignorance doesn't give this product a fair standing.

I bought these and loved them, however I nearly neglected the sales page due to the low star rating. This product is exactly what you should expect, marshmallows that will transform your one-serving box of Lucky Charms marshmallow cereal (be real, who eats the other pieces by choice?) into a full 16-serving box of marshmallow cereal. Buy the bag and go nuts!
55 comments|104 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 30, 2013
So many marshmallows! They were fresh, still had the light crunch to them. We separated them out into 6 large Ziploc bags to keep them fresh
on July 21, 2015
I used to eat all the Lucky Charm marshmallows out of the cereal box as a child, leaving my poor little sister with the tasteless bready bits. I got her this as a gift now that we're older. She loves it, and is well on her way to getting diabetes!
on March 7, 2013
What on earth am I going to do with all these marshmalllows? I've already given away bags to everyone I know and I'm still up to my knees in them.
on June 11, 2013
Who doesn't want a giant bag of cereal marshmallows? It was just cool to have a giant bag of these, started eating them like candy. Used them to add to regular cereal like cheerios. All in all these taste great and it was cool to have a giant bag of marshmallows delivered to me.
on May 11, 2013
These marshmallow jazz up any selection of boring cereal you have at home. We create our own mix with regular cereal and these yummy marshmallow. I live in the tropics and can confirm these hold up perfectly in tupperware storage containers.
on January 30, 2014
When it comes to my wife's birthday I don't mess around. After dropping hints for a week like "I hope you like diamonds baby!" the package had arrived. I set it on the kitchen counter with a card that said "Happy secretary's day!" ... we have fun :) oh gosh! Anyway, when she got home from work I asked her to open her gift. Needless to say she was very surprised.
on March 5, 2015
Make your own lucky charms with some cheerios or similar, we use generic cereal from Aldi's and it tastes great at a fraction of the cost of name brand, plus you can have as many marshmallos as you like. Enjoy.
on September 10, 2013
Exactly as expected, yummy, crunchy fun! Really enjoyed these and so did everyone who came by! Added them to rice krispie treats after everything else was added in. Yum!