5.0 out of 5 stars Must reading for those wanting to do more with their lives., April 15, 2002
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
I have to agree with Marc from Pennsylvania below. This is one of the most important books ever written for Christians--it deserves a much wider reputation than it has thus far.
In 1997, I turned 40. My father had just lost his final battle with cancer, and I was questioning my career direction. I'd read Kathy Peel's "Do Plastic Surgeons Take Visa?" and loved how she combined humor with practical suggestions for coping with everyday life--and I especially loved her story about how she went from being a housewife to a woman with a speaking and writing ministry. That story is repeated in "Discover Your Destiny" and it alone would be worth the price of the book. But there's MUCH more. Chapter by chapter, they talk about everything from discovering your dreams and passions, to preparing yourself physically, spiritually, and practically to embark on your next step. There are three great lists that I used not only with myself, but now with my students: "Spotting a Dream from God," "Preparing for Your Dream (this one is great--very practical and powerful at the same time) and the Growth Op for discovering what you're passionate about (For example, what issues make you pound the table and say, "Someone's got to do something about this?")
It was through doing the work in this book that I realized what was missing in my own everyday work--the career counseling component. These last five years I've attended professional meetings, bought books, gone out of my way to work on things related to what I wanted to do. And. . .oh, yes. . .I prayed. OFTEN. It took time. . .but when I finally helped create a position last year that combined academic advising with career counseling, it was the RIGHT time. I was truly ready to do the work. Even a year ago, I wouldn't have been ready.
This WORKS. Though I cannot proselytize on the job, I can certainly use the principles outlined by the Peels as the foundation for how I live and how I help others do what their book did for me.
This one is another one of my desert island books. Five stars are NOT enough!

5.0 out of 5 stars If you are trying to find your "purpose" in life, read it!, June 27, 1998
By A Customer
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
Although most people have determined their purpose in life (or destiny) by my age, I found this book both directive and inspiring for people of all ages. As you read through the book, the authors strategically place relavent quotations as well as study questions. One of the first "study boxes" was to write down 10 things you have always dreamed of doing. Being caught up in the everyday process of living, I had not taken time to think about my dreams. Read this book...dream...and take the Peels' sound advice on how to make those dreams become reality.

5.0 out of 5 stars Highly Recommended!, August 10, 1999
By A Customer
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
This book rises above all those other "get what you want in life" books because it is Biblically sound. It is a well-organized, easily understood and practical guide for identifying the passions in one's life and how to channel them the right way. Read it and be motivated! The only problem? Something outside the book: like the old adage says, "you can lead a horse to water but you can't make him drink," so with this book you need to read it and then take action.

5.0 out of 5 stars Best Book I Ever Read Besides the Bible., January 10, 2000
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
It's revolutionized the way I live from day to day. The Peels have masterfuuly written a book that catapults the dreams in your heart while showing you how to practically live them out each and every day. Besides, it's loaded with quotes from major players in history who have reached their maximum, God-given potential. I recommend this book those who are worthy of it!

4.0 out of 5 stars Good plans, February 22, 2002
Piedmont Lady (Winston-Salem, NC) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
For any Christian who is stuck in a rut, this is a good book to read. It gives some spiritual and practical advice about finding your own niche. Doing the written exercises will give you a great starting off point to make changes in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Perfect, October 20, 2008
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
This is a wonderful book for those looking to find their calling. It lays out in a very straight forward way how to discover what it is God is calling you to do with your life at any stage in your life.

5.0 out of 5 stars Discover Your Destiny, August 2, 2005
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
This book has enriched my life. I have bought several copies to gift to friends and loved ones. It contains an empowering message of what we can be and accomplish with and through God in our lives.

4.0 out of 5 stars Discover Your Destiny, January 9, 2014
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
"Discover Your Destiny" by Bill and Kathy Peel is a great read for anyone wanting to get clarity on God's purpose for their life. While the authors write from an admitted Christian worldview, anyone can benefit from the read.

The book is around 245 pages, is readable, has a good narrative, and covers such points as:

1. Hearing God's whisper will help us discover our destiny.
2. God seems to guide in quiet and unrushed ways and we must be still long enough to hear Him.
3. The desires of our heart may have been placed there by God for a reason.
4. Suggestions for turning dreams into a reality.
5. 7 questions to ask when considering whether a dream is truly from God.
6. 6 things that knowing God involves and 4 suggestions for preparing mentally for God's dream.
7. Principles for waiting on God to fulfill His dream in our lives.
8. God's dream will always involve other people.
9. Suggestions for dealing with criticism.
10. Only a true servant brings out the best in people.

Recommended.

5.0 out of 5 stars This book is a must read!, July 13, 2009
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
This book is a must read for those who are true destiny seekers and studious. It is written in a format that warrents a bit of extra time for reflection, meditation and of course, study. Very helpful. Had to purchase an extra "just in case" copy.

5.0 out of 5 stars Destined to be a classic, June 5, 2009
This review is from: Discover Your Destiny (Paperback)
I usually shy away from books with titles like this one. However, Navpress has a winner and I reccomend this to any serious believer. Water the dream seed!

Discover Your Destiny
Discover Your Destiny by Kathy A. Peel (Paperback - December 1, 1996)
Used & New from: $0.01