4.0 out of 5 stars Refreshing, but Aims Toward Leadership, June 28, 2013
Discovering Followership offers a refreshing exploration of the role that most of us fill: following others. It offers many biblical examples, and several historical ones, to elevate the idea of followership as an important aspect of our life, work, and involvements with others.

I appreciate that this book is primarily addressed to followers--so many books on this topic are written as manuals for leaders on how to develop good followers. That being said, there is still a significant emphasis on leadership as an ultimate goal to be attained, the greater reward for passing the test of followership.

There aren't a lot of books out there on the topic of followership, and I've read nearly all of them. If you're looking for a Christian perspective that is addressed to followers rather than leaders, then Discovering Followership is certainly one of the most helpful resources you'll find.

5.0 out of 5 stars Excellent book for every aspiring leader!, April 19, 2013
This review is from: Discovering Followership: Learn The Secrets of Walking Behind and Still Staying Ahead (Paperback)
I believe the best books are the ones that inspire the readers to reflection and action and "Discovering Followership" is a book that does just that. I read this book in July 2012 while I was on vacation and this was a very timely period for me to read the book because I had been experiencing a lot of frustration at my job and was ready to quit. Reading this book helped me realize that the kind of follower I am is exactly the kind of leader I will become. This insight enabled me to return to my job with a greater confidence and better results. I would recommend this book for any one who has leadership aspirations.

$9.99 $8.99