4.0 out of 5 stars Very solid., December 12, 2011
Megan (Knoxville, TN) - See all my reviews
This review is from: Discovering the Global Past, Volume I (Paperback)
This book was a required textbook for a course in history at the University of Tennessee. I typically enjoy history courses, and this was no exception.

This textbook was used for a discussion section and required us to read approximately one chapter each week and then come in prepared to discuss and write a short essay on the subject matter covered in said chapter. The book itself was well-written and contained little to no errors. It covered a broad spectrum of information, but also gave a vast amount of detail so that one never felt lacking or overwhelmed. Although history can often be found dry, the way this was written caused it to be more interesting than other textbooks available out there.

The original sources provided in each chapter were also exceptionally nice to have, because they allowed the reader to see the information more than just as the author saw the subject matter, but also through the eyes of the individuals experiencing each situation at the time it happened.

I give this book four stars because it was well-written and covered its topic very well. However, the book itself was made of a thin paper that tended to rip very easily, and the cover was a very low-quality cardboard that was really not much more than cardstock. However, it served its purpose well and was an excellent choice in textbook.

4.0 out of 5 stars good book., March 1, 2013
This review is from: Discovering the Global Past, Volume I (Paperback)
This book is a helpful book for world history. It is organized and easy to understand. Nothing to complain about it.

4.0 out of 5 stars I like this book a lot, August 8, 2014
I like this book a lot!
I am glad that I purchased it, because I plan to look through it at a slower pace, now that my class is completed.
The book was sold in excellent condition! and arrived on time.

Discovering the Global Past, Volume I
Discovering the Global Past, Volume I by Kenneth R. Curtis (Paperback - March 14, 2011)
$114.95 $97.99