Automotive Deals Best Books of the Month Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc Crown the Empire Fire TV Stick Health, Household and Grocery Back to School Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection TarantinoCollection  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Starting at $49.99 All-New Kindle Oasis STEM Water Sports

on January 21, 2013
Ok, so I have the daisy bloom clock for my daughters and the rocketship version for my sons. It's tricky to figure out how to set it but my kids are happy with their clocks now that we've figured it out.

1) set time: hold down "clock" button for five seconds, then use up and down arrows to change, and press "clock" button once to toggle between month/day/year/hour/minute. Try it a few times b/c sometimes it just goes to the alarm setting (i don't know why, i think it's a glitch).

2) set alarm: hold down "alarm" button for 5 seconds, use up and down arrows to change, press "alarm" button once to toggle between hour/minute. press "clock" button to return to clock

3) turn on/off alarm: press "alarm" button once, press up to turn alarm on and press up again to turn alarm off. press "clock" button to return to clock

4) to project the images: push the buttons that look like video cameras. to focus the image, rotate the cylinder around the lens that projects the image. on the daisy clock, there's a button on top that you can use to flip the projected image of the time upside down. use the dial next to the lens-cylinders to select a different image (you may need to point the cylinders in a different direction to reach the dial)

good luck
1515 comments| 118 people found this helpful. Was this review helpful to you?YesNoReport abuse
on January 3, 2013
I first got this flower version of the alarm clock for my daughter's birthday in October. She was very excited just to find out at bedtime that it didn't work. I took it back and they only had the boy version (blue rocket). It worked for a month and when we went to change the batteries it didn't work anymore. Then I took it back for another of the flower alarm clock. When we went to change the batteries (brand new) we couldn't get the images to come on again! We're done and searching for one like this, but works! And comes with a cord! Whoever heard of having an optional power cord that you have to send for? Don't waste your time like I did!
on April 1, 2013
My kids received these alarm clocks as a Christmas gift. My daughter was given the flower and my son the rocket ship, and I was pretty skeptical about them. I hate anything that requires batteries. I couldn't find the adaptor needed and ended up buying rechargeable batteries. I assumed the clocks would eat the batteries the way other Discovery Kids toys seem to do. But its been several months and we are still on our first charge. The clock is pretty easy to set up. And the alarm is easy to turn off when ringing (my 5 year old does it).

You do have to remember on Friday nights to turn the alarm off completely otherwise it will wake your kids up on a Saturday morning. But its easy to do. Another person commented that you can't turn it off completely and just have to set it for later in the morning, that isn't true. It can be turned off (hit the alarm set button and then either up or down and the little alarm logo will appear/disappear)

The picture is not very bright. So I wouldn't really call it a night light. But both my kids enjoy having the pictures for the 10 minutes they are on.

Anyways we've had no problem with this product at all. Both my kids like them and are now waking themselves up for school in the morning. YAY!
on January 9, 2013
Recieved this item as a gift for xmas, I was really excited b/c I had been wanted a projection style clock for my DD, who is learning to tell time. Was I sorely dissapointed.
Thank goodness I did not spend my own $$ on it. The adapter issue is really annoying, but I was at least pleased it had the option, still being optimistic. Granted with the power cord, there were bouts of severe malfunctioning, like it was getting too much juice, which seemed better after I removed the batteries completely, the boards in these things are CHEAP.
THe display is awful, small and will not stay lit, the time was hard to set and maintain even with the manual. The batteries pop loose, each time prior to having the cord, I'd have to unscrew the cover and re-insert the batteries, and reset it.
The design was a cute idea, but ultimately too light and unstable, with the power cord it wobbled or fell to one side, not at all substantial, especially for the age range.
The projected images were poor quality, and there are no timer options, 10 minutes, if that.
Today, (not even 10 days of use) when I went to put my DD down for a nap, none of the buttons on the face work, so now it's basically a tiny dim digital clock, that randomly emits annoying beeps, (no the alarm is not on) that tips over an looses power if you breathe on it wrong. Pretty sure it's going to the burn pile, which will be the only satisfying thing about this product.
on January 4, 2013
Why not just include a power cord? Very disappointing. Got it as a Christmas gift for my daughter and the batteries didnt even make it through the night! Had to return it. My son has the rocket clock which has worked great for several years but it has a power cord. So disappointed!
on March 16, 2015
Its just OK. The projection isn't very bright and doesn't stay perminately on... you have to toggle it to come on. SO as a functioning alarm clock, its just OK since you can't really see what time it is unless you press a button.
on December 18, 2014
Pretty, really like it, just two things. It is very bulky/large. Reminds me of an old timey TV. Also you can't see the time in the dark. You have to find the button that turns the light on to see the time and it turns off shortly after.
on December 8, 2012
The image is very difficult to change (impossible thus far in our case). The projection turns off after 10 minutes of inactivity (not listed on box) when using batteries or optional AC adapter power. The LCD does not have an option to remain lit; you have to find and push a button to light it in the dark. -5 stars.
on August 12, 2014
Our oldest son has a race car alarm clock with projection that is great, not Discovery Kids. So we figured we would get a couple similar for our other kids.

We bought this flower for our daughter and the rocket for our younger son (retail location). Our daughter opened hers first and the display was hard to read. You had to be looking down at it to see anything. The projections were dark and blurry. No amount of adjustment helped, nor did moving it closer/further from the ceiling. Tried fresh batteries.

I deftly hid the rocket ship from my son (still wrapped). Later we opened it and discovered the same crappyness. We returned the rocket. And later exchanged the flower. Same result. Unfortunately our daughter was in love with the flower.

Much later we bought her a basic alarm clock/radio and a projection nite light. Now she can actually tell the time. Eventually she forgot about the flower and I secretly threw it out.
on January 23, 2014
We purchased this for our 6 year old daughter. It did NOT come with an AC adaptor. We chose to purchase a separate AC adaptor (for $20) as we did not want to be eating through batteries all of the time. Upon setting this up, it quickly became clear that the projection only lasts for 10 minutes and then goes out. I would think that the point of a projection clock would be the actual projection - but apparently the manufactures thought otherwise. The clock on the face of the flower is a small LCD display that is difficult to read and not lit (unless you push a button). I do not want to teach my daughter to be pushing buttons on the face of the clock, as one of them is an alarm, and it would be just a matter of time before the alarm was turned to 'on' - and hence waking us in the middle of the night! I placed a call to customer service. They (after much research and time on the phone) said that the older models time out, while some of the newer models allow you to choose the projection display time, and others allow the projection to stay on until it is manually turned off. The packaging on the unit was not clear as to this time-out "feature" - if it had been, we would not have purchased it. The company refused to do an exchange, as they said that it was not a manufacturing defect. Poor product. Poor customer service. Spend your money elsewhere!!!!