- File Size: 676 KB
- Print Length: 206 pages
- Publication Date: February 1, 2012
- Sold by: Amazon Digital Services LLC
- Language: English
- ASIN: B0073XU3WW
- Text-to-Speech: Enabled
- Word Wise: Enabled
- Lending: Enabled
Amazon Best Sellers Rank:
#16,900 Free in Kindle Store (See Top 100 Free in Kindle Store)
- #58 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- #70 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- #275 in Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Literature & Fiction > Action & Adventure > Science Fiction
|Digital List Price:||$0.99|
|Print List Price:||$11.99|
Save $11.99 (100%)
Discovery (The Science of Psionics Book 1) Kindle Edition
|New from||Used from|
Enter your mobile number or email address below and we'll send you a link to download the free Kindle App. Then you can start reading Kindle books on your smartphone, tablet, or computer - no Kindle device required.
To get the free app, enter your email address or mobile phone number.
Customers Who Bought This Item Also Bought
More About the Author
He gardens, is handy around the house and yard, and cooks better than he cleans. An avid reader his whole life, he thought someday he'd try it himself. After his wife told him to stop talking about it and do it, he finally gave it a go. We hope you enjoy his efforts!
Top Customer Reviews
The matter of fact approach almost makes this fictional account seem to be non-fiction. There is no magic, no Fae, and no other otherworldly peoples. I rather missed the magic. There is an intriguing plot line suggesting paranormal abilities are latent in everyone and it just takes something strong, externally or internally, to trigger their emergence.
It turns into a literal battle, billed as a military exercise, through the disturbed thinking and undercover actions of one of the friends who turns against the others. The violence that occurs is minimally graphic and there is no gratuitous sex. The ending is bittersweet for while much is gained, much is also lost. Be careful who you trust!
Ok you got me already! Anyone with the chutzpah to start a novel that way is already on my good side!
Things I liked about this book:
- Multiple viewpoint characters. I like this as a general feature, though I'm not a fan of the way this particular novel did this: changing narrators, but having each chapter be a first person narration. Still, it is nice to be able to view things from more than one lens.
Things I did not like about this book:
- Too many abilities, too fast. In a matter of days, characters progress through telekinesis, precognition, telepathy, empathy, and astral projection. This struck me as absurd.
- Unrealistic character portrayals. The two main characters are fairly believable in their motivations. Several other characters are not. Without getting into specifics due to the risk of spoilers, I found the actions of the married couple invited in to share the secret insane and unbelievable.
- Lack of explanation. How did these powers come about? Why this particular couple? Do they have any limits at all? None of this is explored. I'm betting the intent is to make me read the rest of the series, but I'm not actually motivated enough to learn more about these people for it to feel worth the time investment involved in reading more of these books.
- Uncritical "research". When discovering powers, I can buy that the characters would go online to look up information. I have a much harder time accepting that all these characters would simply accept all claims they found about psionic abilities online as being true, and therefore assuming they could do all of them. Especially considering one of the characters is a scientist.
Most Recent Customer Reviews
DR has written an unusual novel that steps outside of normal belief. A lightning storm causes n electrical surge, power failure and levitation which leads to very little belief in... Read morePublished 5 months ago by Amazon Customer
arrived as described and in good condition, and ready for use. Will make a great gift.Published 13 months ago by John Eagen
The plot line of a young couple becoming capable of amazing mental abilities after being in an electrical storm sounded like an interesting sic-fi action series. Read morePublished 15 months ago by Lauren P.
I really enjoyed this book. Had a hard time putting this book down. This could really happen under the right circumstances.Published 17 months ago by Donald W. Cooper
What Other Items Do Customers Buy After Viewing This Item?
Look for Similar Items by Category
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Books > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Books > Teen & Young Adult
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Fantasy > Paranormal & Urban
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Adventure
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Science Fiction & Fantasy > Science Fiction > Metaphysical & Visionary
- Kindle Store > Kindle eBooks > Teen & Young Adult