Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-12 of 12 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 6, 2011 10:12:42 AM PST
jrv says:
won't be buying this book, even though it sounds interesting, until they drop the price. Boo to all you greedy publishers. Even though I love the kindle, I can wait until it comes out in paperback. Still plenty of good, cheap reads. Give the indie authors a chance.

Posted on Feb 6, 2011 1:18:01 PM PST
Bookfestival says:
You are abviously not a fan of Deborah Harkness. Think of it as buying three books for the price of one.

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 1, 2011 3:19:38 PM PST
SSB says:
All I can find are scholastic publications by her. I have read enough of those to last a lifetime.

Posted on Mar 6, 2011 7:48:25 PM PST
readmore says:
Just finished Ms. Harkness's book and it was worth every penny spent. A splendidly lush, multi-layered and historically rich novel. Kudos to you Ms. Harkness! I can't wait to see how Diana and Matthew navigate through their lives in the 1590's and who will be introduced to us next.

Posted on Mar 7, 2011 1:06:38 PM PST
Last edited by the author on Mar 7, 2011 1:06:50 PM PST
Sophia says:
One word LIBRARY

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 23, 2011 8:46:59 PM PDT
This is an amazing book, well worth the money and great addition to my home library. I personally could not put it down. Intelligently written, a romance with taste (deep down in the bone), well versed in history descriptions with results of making you wonder yourself, definitely an adult read. Honestly, first book to ever bring tears to my eyes. Way above Twilight Series.

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 2, 2011 7:49:51 AM PDT
Elizabeth says:
I didn't care for the book...and there are 2 more books in her planned trilogy.

In reply to an earlier post on May 17, 2011 8:39:09 AM PDT
Cyanne says:
Don't buy it. The first few chapters were great the rest was terrible.

In reply to an earlier post on May 18, 2011 7:59:50 AM PDT
SSB says:
It brought tears to my eyes also--tears of frustration and anger with myself for falling for the hype and buying the thing.

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 8:08:21 AM PST
I loved this book. I have one question. When in the book does she burn a hole in his rug??? Specifics would be great! I can't find it...

Posted on Feb 27, 2012 12:11:09 PM PST
Elizabeth says:
Let's see....yoga, wine, naps, long soulful looks, decisions over black pants or leggings, more wine, more naps, some whining....decisions over black loafers with or without socks, another nap.....more yoga....

In reply to an earlier post on Jun 27, 2012 3:18:55 PM PDT
I assumed it was when she was shooting sparks from her fingertips at his apartment in All Souls, though it doesn't say it explicitly.
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  10
Total posts:  12
Initial post:  Feb 6, 2011
Latest post:  Jun 27, 2012

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 4 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy)
A Discovery of Witches: A Novel (All Souls Trilogy) by Deborah Harkness (Audio CD - February 8, 2011)
4.1 out of 5 stars   (3,935)