Industrial-Sized Deals Best Books of the Month Shop Women's Handbags Learn more nav_sap_SWP_6M_fly_beacon Andra Day Fire TV Stick Subscribe & Save Find the Best Purina Pro Plan for Your Pet Shop Popular Services tmnt tmnt tmnt  Amazon Echo Starting at $99 Kindle Voyage Metal Gear Solid 5 Big Savings in the Amazon Fall Sportsman Event Deal of the Day

Discuss clutter clearing and home organizing with the author of Clutter Clearing Choices

Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-3 of 3 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Dec 7, 2009 5:24:14 PM PST
I am a new author and I would really like to hear your ideas and reactions to my first book. I would also like to help answer any questions about clutter clearing and home organizing that you have, and I am sure other readers would like to hear your clutter clearing ideas and suggestions here too.

Posted on Mar 8, 2010 12:22:31 AM PST
AC says:
Ms Tako, I am just purchasing your book based on the high ratings of reviews. Overall, I know the book will be beneficial for me as I have been in a focused declutter mode since the beginning of the year. I love to clean and organize drawers,and other interior spaces, but I am far from that task since I am overwhelmed with paper. Paper is my nemesis. I simiply cannot find a system to keep, remember and retrieve papers, mail, mememorbia etc. So, does your book address this issue and do you have any suggestions in the interim ? Thank-you

In reply to an earlier post on Mar 8, 2010 4:51:51 AM PST
Paper clutter is a huge issue for many. You are not alone. Yes, my book has several chapters with tips to deal with various types of paper clutter. Some initial thoughts: 1. Try to sort the mail every day, preferably while standing by the recycle bin. 2. Spend 10 minutes per day on the backlog of paper. It doesn't sound like much, but it will make a difference. 3. Give yourself permission to recycle or donate dated reading material that you haven't gotten to yet--things you have kept around for 6 months or more but haven't read. 4. Create paper management systems that fit your personal style, and think in terms of these two broad categories: the daily household paper flow, and the long-term paper filing system. (You can look for other ideas at my website www.clutterclearingchoices.com where you can also sign up for my free monthly clutter clearing tips newsletter to help keep you motivated and on track.) Good luck! Let me know how it goes!
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  2
Total posts:  3
Initial post:  Dec 7, 2009
Latest post:  Mar 8, 2010

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 3 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about