Sort: Oldest first | Newest first
Showing 1-15 of 15 posts in this discussion
Initial post: Feb 1, 2009 8:47:29 PM PST
Prime Chuck says:
Does anyone know of any online discussion forums or anything for readers of this book?

Posted on Mar 30, 2009 9:35:12 PM PDT
Paul says:
Nope. Harvard has a sort of companion website for this book (http://www.hsph.harvard.edu/nutritionsource/) that has a lot of the same info on it. Otherwise I'd just try to find some fitness/nutrition forum.

Posted on Apr 25, 2010 5:42:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Apr 25, 2010 5:48:43 PM PDT
Sharon says:
I am an Amazon seller who has had funds diverted out of my Amazon account. Has anyone on this forum ever had funds go missing? Some unauthorized person, and we suspect Amazon employees are involved changed the bank account number one day prior to the funds being due for payment. This was done twice on my account and over $8000 has gone missing. Amazon say they do not know the full bank account numbers to where the funds were diverted to and have been less than co-operative in solving this issue. I wonder if anyone else has had the same experience, or am I the only one? If Amazon reads this please let me identify myself-my trade name is INKLADY

Posted on May 4, 2010 11:13:07 AM PDT
Sorry about your experience with Amazon being involved with diverting funds from your account. I've just had a miserable experience ordering Kindle books. If I could give Amazon back the Kindle and never deal with Amazon again I would be delighted. I ordered four books on the Kindle to take advantage of a 4 for 3 price offer. I got charged for all four books. When I complained I was told that the four for the price of three only applied to print books. I checked the site again and saw no such limitation. When I called Amazon, the Customer Rep said to wait on hold for a bit which I did. I was then told that I would receive a credit for one of the books. Instead, one of my orders was cancelled. When I complained the next day, I was told that the representative, who I identified, had no authority to offer me a credit. Finally after 40 minutes on the phone with four different representatives, I was told I could have a credit equal to the price of one book, but that the credit could not be applied to Kindle purchases, which of course made no sense. And this from a company which supposedly prides itself on pleasing customers. And when I tried to tell my story on a post at Amazon, I was told that it did not qualify as it did not meet Amazon's guidelines. In other words, praise but do not tell the ugly truth about how little Amazon now values reasonable customer satisfaction.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 30, 2010 6:38:16 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 21, 2011 9:26:24 AM PDT]

In reply to an earlier post on Nov 24, 2010 10:56:20 AM PST
Millie T says:
Hi Sharon,

I've been looking for you all day on Amazon. I would be interested if you are selling ink somewhere else. I'd be interested to buy some if you are. You can write me at tishweed@gmail.com if you are interested. If not, then thank you for your past services. I am sorry you got the shaft like this but hope by this time they will have straightened this out for you. If not, I'd be hunting down a lawyer personally.
Best to you,
M. Tishweed

Posted on Aug 2, 2011 9:40:22 AM PDT
Tucker says:
I ordered an Amazon Kindle (without 3G wireless for $139.00) in March 2011. Upon receipt of the product, when I couldn't get it to work, we determined (with the help of their phone tech support group) that the 3G wireless Kindle would be better for my use. So I ordered the $189.00 3G Wireless Kindle (which works fine) and returned the first Kindle using the return address label and original box from the $139 model. I have yet to receive the refund. I asked my credit card company to challenge the charge and they were told by Amazon since first the Kindle was shipped, the charge remains on my account. (Nothing like stealing from your customers!!!!) I have sent an e-mail inquiry about this today (August 2)...Let's see how long they take and what kind of response.....My advice.....Buy a Nook from Barnes and Noble...Maybe they refund customers when they return an item that doesn't work!!!!!

Posted on Dec 17, 2011 11:54:16 AM PST
A. Shafazand says:
I just had annoying discussion with amazon's customer service, she said her name is Jacky or something with Jax... I ordered an item and I changed my mind and cancelled it in few hours on http://amazon.com. They sent the order any way, so I called to find out why and get a full refund. The customer service said because it's third party the order goes through between 30 minutes so my cancellation on their system does not mean anything.... Then I asked them to email me a shipping label that I could send the item back and of course her answer was it will take up to three days. THIS IS A JOKE or WHAT.... It takes 30 minutes order to go through and you can not cancel because it's third party but it takes three days to get a label to send to my email.... Wowww it's great system ... They could get your money as fast as they can but they can't return or get your refund fast!
Any how I asked to speak to a manager but she said she would be the only one that can help me!! What a wonderful customer service... Way to go amazon!

Posted on Mar 6, 2012 8:15:51 PM PST
ABCworld says:
I had a really bad experience with Amazon, I bought from Amazon a new item: a MARCY magnetic bike, PL-43211.
I payed $170.00 and I got this item without all the parts, it's was miss some parts (two tension connector 21), so my bike still not working either.

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 2:03:31 PM PDT
ELVIS FAN says:
<<Even as a lover of the Beatle's music there are songs of theirs that I never played much to this day and some I have stopped playing all together.<<
CHUCKLE, CHUCKLE, LOL!!

<<Even albums of theirs like 'Let it Be' and 'Please Please Me' rarely ever get played.>>
EVEN a louder LOL!!

Posted on Sep 22, 2012 2:07:50 PM PDT
Last edited by the author on Sep 22, 2012 2:08:32 PM PDT
ELVIS FAN says:
You all see that as THE TEST OF TIME ROLLS ON the beatles were just a FAD, and they are not only forgotten, but never replayed!! NOT even REPLAYED by rabid so called beatles fans!! LOL!!
While Elvis Is always remembered as being the best, and the King of Rock N' Roll! He is ALWAYS played, has his own xm radio station named EXCLUSIVELY after him. Never, never forgotten, and his Graceland Mansion, is the most visited and REVERED place on this PLANET EARTH.

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 9:56:44 PM PDT
test

In reply to an earlier post on Oct 10, 2012 9:56:54 PM PDT
test

Posted on Nov 22, 2012 10:48:55 PM PST
[Deleted by the author on Nov 22, 2012 10:49:41 PM PST]

In reply to an earlier post on Apr 17, 2013 11:07:40 AM PDT
[Deleted by Amazon on Apr 17, 2013 11:53:48 AM PDT]
‹ Previous 1 Next ›
[Add comment]
Add your own message to the discussion
To insert a product link use the format: [[ASIN:ASIN product-title]] (What's this?)
Prompts for sign-in

This discussion

Participants:  13
Total posts:  15
Initial post:  Feb 1, 2009
Latest post:  Apr 17, 2013

New! Receive e-mail when new posts are made.
Tracked by 12 customers

Search Customer Discussions
This discussion is about
Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating
Eat, Drink, and Be Healthy: The Harvard Medical School Guide to Healthy Eating by Walter Willett (Hardcover - July 31, 2001)
4.6 out of 5 stars   (246)