Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: The Diseased And The Poisoned
Your Garage botysf16 Amazon Fashion Learn more Discover it Adele Fire TV Stick Sun Care Patriotic Picks Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3 AnnedroidsS3  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis Segway miniPro

Format: Audio CD|Change

on July 4, 2008
While I have heard of Carnifex, I never had a chance to check out their music before. I saw that this cd was coming out and I caught the ad for it on an episode of HBB and I liked what I heard. I am a big deathcore fan, and this cd does not disappoint one bit. Sure, Carnifex may not have done anything here that hasn't been done thousands of times before, but they damn sure do it good. In my opinion, this year has been pretty slim when it comes to good metal releases. With the exception of Arsis, Testament, and Opeth, the first half of 2008 has been pretty disappointing with the over all quality of metal releases and the lack of metal releases. By this time last year, there was a ton of good new cds out. Well, this Carnifex release gives me hope for the second half of 08. This cd has not been out of my cd player since I bought it on the day it came out. If you are a fan of Despised Icon or Job for a Cowboy, pick this one up. You won't be sorry.
on April 19, 2009
This album is a perfect example of the genre. It doesn't get more fun to listen to than this. Its downright heavy and it has the groove other bands similar to it lack. One of the best albums out there for deathcore listeners, or just deathmetal in general for that matter.
on February 1, 2011
I'll keep this review short and simple. Carnifex put out an impressive release with this album; lots of inhmuan blast-beats, double-bass madness and lightning-fast drum fills. Crushing, bludgeoning breakdowns, tremolo picking guitar melodies, technical riff after riff, ferocious vocals and a nice mix of death metal speed with deathcore grooves. It would have been nice to throw in a few guitar solos on the album, but considering how solid it is already, I won't deduct any points. If you like bands such as Whitechapel, Suicide Silence, Cannibal Corpse or Chelsea Grin, you'll have a blast with this album! Highly recommended! Thanks for the time, and peace.
on October 10, 2009
I love this album. The title to this album fits the album's sound perfectly. I have had this album since it came out back in June 2008. This album is amazing start to finish. Carnifex is one of the best deathcore bands. Even after a year I still can listen to this album more than three hours per week. This is my favorite deathcore album to date. I think no one besides Carnifex can top The Diseased and The Poisoned. If you love deathcore, and haven't heard Carnifex you're really missing out on great music. The band is very nice, I meet the bad in August 2008, and they are nice people, there live show is killer, you've to see them live if you haven't yet. I just found out they will be putting out a new album within the next few months, and they will be doing a u.s.a tour behind the new album. The Diseased and The Poisoned is my favorite album of 2008.
on June 4, 2009
this is simply an awesome deathcore album. plain and simple. now if your not into the whole deathcore thing because its too "trendy", then your just missing out on a deathcore masterpiece.
on November 19, 2010
There isn't much technical variation in this album...solos are OK...
Nothing that makes me want to rewind and enjoy again...
on October 7, 2013
The only album I didn't own by Carnifex and it was worth the money. They have not made a bad album.
on July 7, 2008
Lots of Breakdowns and Tremalo picking form an album that gets straight to the point. This album holds no secrets, basically every song holds the same musical framework, but Carnifex creates a fresh take on the music. Vocals have a great range, clever and catchy riffs with beatdown breaks that offer everything you would expect. Love this music or hate it, this band is going on a huge tour and making a name for themselves. Buy it.
on March 30, 2009
Seriously? Really?

Who are these guys trying to fool?

If you think there's any...ANY discernable difference between this band and Suicide Silence, you need your head examined. Total copycats. I mean c'mon, even the vocalist tries to look a lot like dude from SS.

I'm really not into SS either, they have a few ok jams, but that's about it.

I hate to sound like an elitist prick, but i've been around the block a few times now when it comes to this genre of music and i've gotten to an age where i'm moving on to bigger and better things. Sure, there's still a small hand full of deathcore, or whatever you wanna call it bands that I thoroughly enjoy, but let's be honest...it's getting to a point where it's becoming all the same old nonsense. Nothing fresh, nothing new and nothing exciting.

Trust me, all of you kiddies will see that too once you get a bit older, and can think for yourselves and not run to jump on the latest and greatest trends in metal.

Obviously, whoever it was at Victory Records saw that SS was getting big and as Victory usually does...they went out to find a band that does the exact same thing as SS and signed them to get a piece of the action. That's what they do.

If you're all into this band, that's cool...however, I am entitled to my opinion and even though no one will care about this band in 3 years, someone will read this and get all bent out of shape over what I said.

They'll do another album...maybe squeeze out one more after that and then these guys are pretty much over.

I hate to be a "Negative Nancy", but the shelf life for these types of bands is very short, and for these guys to be careless with their time in the limelight by copying another band is a shame. I'm not saying they're not talented or anything, but c'mon people, let's try to come up with something at least a tiny bit different and unique.

But yet, the meat grinder keeps churning these bands out as fast as you little s**ts can gobble them up.

Next.