Amazon.com: Customer Reviews: Brave Bow And Arrow
Automotive Deals HPCC Amazon Fashion Learn more nav_sap_plcc_ascpsc $5 Albums Fire TV Stick Happy Belly Coffee Handmade school supplies Shop-by-Room Amazon Cash Back Offer CafeSociety CafeSociety CafeSociety  Amazon Echo  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Echo Dot  Amazon Tap  Amazon Echo Introducing new colors All-New Kindle Oasis AutoRip in CDs & Vinyl Water Sports

Size: One Size|Color: Tan/Purple|Package Type: Standard Packaging|Change

on September 19, 2012
2 yr old DD has been asking for a Brave archery set for a few months now...Santa is going to be giving this to her for Christmas this year. :-) I bought this set (because I'd read that it was small) AND the official set from the Disney Store (now available online after months of being sold out). Good thing I bought this set (I paid under eleven for it, free shipping; check during business hours for the lowest prices)...it will work well for her for the next couple years. She doesn't have a whole lot of arm strength and is careful, so I figure this will last for at least 6 months of daily play, in which case, the item will be well worth the price I paid.

Even checking the measurements and all, this set still surprised me by how small (and cute) it is, so I've uploaded some product pics so you can get a better idea of scale. I've posted with a measuring tape and a dollar bill (about 6"). You can also see that the set does come packaged with images from Brave on it. The dark brown accents on the bow are actually a dark, murky purple. The whole bow is also covered with a glittery glaze. A little strange, but DD will probably like it.

ADDED November 30, 2012:
Not sure why, but the product pics aren't showing up here on the product page. To view the pics I uploaded, just click on my username above and then select the "images" tab (right next to the tab of reviews, under "contributions").
review image review image review image
on July 27, 2012
This bow and arrow is really cute, but it is so small. My 8 year old wanted a bow so badly, just like Merida's. This one looks like Merida's, but it's really the right size for a 3 or 4 year old. My daughter loves it anyway, as she saved for, and paid for it herself. I see why it is so inexpensive compared to the Disney one now. I suppose you get what you pay for!
on August 12, 2012
this bow is so much smaller than advertised. flimsy and breaks easily. save your money and buy something better is my advice
on September 19, 2012
First, I was charged the wrong value for this order, price is 10,99 and I was charged 19,99.
Second: Size is not as advertised, this Bow is for a kid the size of a newborn.
3rd: Quality is not good, it is clear it cannot afford a real pull from a 6 or 7 year old.

I will recommend you save your money and consider other options.
on December 18, 2012
I read the reviews that it wasn't the sturdiest... but I wasn't looking for a hunting bow... just for fun! And this has been HOURS OF FUN for my 4 yo daughter. She loves it! It's easy enough for her to use on her own (after a quick lesson)!
on January 30, 2014
Seriously.. for what it is, it's great!! It's a little cheap bow and arrow set in the likeness of Merida's NOT to be taken seriously. My three year old LOVES it and if she breaks it (which I suspect she eventually will - her nickname is Destructor) I won't give two toots because it only cost $5.83.

This is NOT a bow and arrow to try to shoot accurately (in fact, it doesn't shoot all that well - I couldn't even get it to shoot and stick to a window). This IS, however, a good little bow and arrow set for your little one to play around with so they can pretend to shoot arrows like Merida (or whoever they choose.. the possibilities are endless). It's for imaginations. Not for serious archery practice.

Oh, I will say if there is ONE thing I really do NOT like about this thing it's the dang glitter!! Oh well.. I'm sure it will eventually wear off.
review image
on December 9, 2015
This is a cute dress up bow and arrow set. It looks like Merida's set but it cannot really be fired and the suction cups on the ends of the arrows do not really stick even to glass surfaces. I would have liked a better quality and less flashy version but this was for a Halloween costume. The quality was not that great but it was cute while she needed it.
on October 8, 2015
They have removed this from the packaging so the size is not obvious (perhaps intentionally?). This thing is only about 18 inches long and, if they had just photographed it in the packaging, I would have simply bought something else that was full size. Fortunately, I did not tell my daughter I ordered it and can find something suitable for her before halloween.
on December 24, 2012
I bought these as a halloween outfit props for my 4 year old. I didn't really need it to work but it was still disappointing to see that it doesn't work at all!!! The string is basically a string with no elasticity. The suction part doesn't work either. My daughter was excited to get these as accessories to her outfit but got bored with them as soon as trick or treating was done. Pretty useless toy.
on December 26, 2012
This toy is coated with gold glitter and it gets everywhere. The arrows do not have any sort of fletching, so they do not fly straight... instead they just tumble awkwardly in the air. the kids lost interest in less than 15 seconds.

See 1 answered question